• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play a ton of FFA and I love the rig and plaza. Yeah they're a little chaotic but that's the appeal of FFA games to me. I want non stop always in danger gameplay. Makes you better for those team games when you're under pressure.

link1201

Yeah they could address the win/loss issue. Because I think that the ranking needs to stay. Yep I said it, because I have played some seriously tight games which I doubt we would have without ranks.
The ranking system is one of Halo 5's greatest attributes.

Choosing between eating at 20+ deaths or a quit penalty in an uneven BTB Slayer match is the stupidest part about this game right now.

343 was right to have JIP in the mode until a surrender option is implemented for Slayer.

CTF or Strongholds isn't a big deal since, unless the opposing team is full of assholes, those matches end quick with uneven teams.

BraXzy

No JiP does kinda ruin BTB now. I definitely think the no loss count, opt in and full Req point reward is the best way to go. Or make it an opt out so you have more people default to do it.

Haines

Banned
Every game I play no matter what fucking mode some one drops

It's like 8/10 games now. It's completely ruining the game for me.

Montresor

Okay I finished the campaign. I loved pretty much everything about it. I'd give it 4.5/5 and put it up with Reach, ODST, and Halo 3. Here are my campaign ratings:

Halo CE: 4/5
Halo 2: 5/5
Halo 3: 4.5/5
Halo ODST: 4.5/5
Halo Reach: 4.5/5
Halo 4: 4/5
Halo 5: 4.5/5

I have only major criticisms:

1) Too many Warden battles. Come on man, why did you make me fight him like 8 times. =/
2) Character/story spoiler:
Cortana looks hideous. I don't like the new look of her face and at the end of the story her robot suit just gave her manly, unseemly shoulders. I don't get why they had to change her so radically.

And one minor criticism that I've already mentioned in the thread: audio logs need to have subtitles.

Leyasu

Banned
No JiP does kinda ruin BTB now. I definitely think the no loss count, opt in and full Req point reward is the best way to go. Or make it an opt out so you have more people default to do it.

Opt out is the best method for sure. No penalty, full req points and keep the ranking.

BTB would be sorted.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Finally got my first new assassination, back breaker. Now you f only I could get a stance and play a single match on Pegasus.

Leyasu

Banned
What does opt out reffer to?
As poodle said. Most people would not even realise that they would have to choose to opt out of jip. The people that don't want it can choose. The people that are for it are also covered. And the ignorant will carry on regardless.. Its a win for everyone imo.

@ckuckinho. You would be in by default. Opt out means you would have to choose before you start matchmaking.

Glass

Yeah im convinced not a single person actually knows how to play strongholds
Why is this shit even in btb

When people play the objective it's great. But yeah in my ranking, I get the impression the nuances of how the bases on the HUD work are lost on a lot of people.

Caja 117

As poodle said. Most people would not even realise that they would have to choose to opt out of jip. The people that don't want it can choose. The people that are for it are also covered. And the ignorant will carry on regardless.. Its a win for everyone imo.

@ckuckinho. You would be in by default. Opt out means you would have to choose before you start matchmaking.

Ok, by what you said OPt-out reffer to an option where you select you dont want to JiP?

Can someone check right now, the rank of Halo 5 in top played? I think that the Battlefront webpage can serve as something to give a rough estimate on how many people are playing Halo 5 currently. (Battlefront has 107k players connected now)

Ok, by what you said OPt-out reffer to an option where you select you dont want to JiP?

Can someone check right now, the rank of Halo 5 in top played? I think that the Battlefront webpage can serve as something to give a rough estimate on how many people are playing Halo 5 currently. (Battlefront has 107k players connected now)

Opt-out refers, generally, to something you have to deliberately unsubscribe from or choose not to do.

MaGlock

Played about 7 games of BTB basin and deadlock are classic halo gameplay baby. Long sightlines with great vehicle play for CTF. Guillotine was rage inducing didn't play recurve. Loved dead lock CTF

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Holy shit... I'm not very good at this game. I can admit it. I seem to get placed in Gold for everything, then bounce between G1 and G3 over and over.

But based on my experience this far, I should be the DAMN WORLD FUCKING CHAMPION of Strongholds. It's like I'm the only mother fucker on the planet that can play this game type. What the ever living fuck are the rest of my teammates doing?! I constantly get 4-5x more captures and defenses than anyone else on my team.

Now that I'm playing BTB, it's still happening. I just don't get it.

Anyway, really, really disappointed by BTB. Disappointed by the game as a whole (multi) at this point. Was hoping BTB would be the saving grace. But too few maps. Hate the modes. BR starts are awful. Forge shit is ugly as hell. Just not feeling it.

Again, damn fine job at tuning the control and balance, 343. If pro gaming was your target, I think you nailed it - and so I commend the team. Hope some people learn to really love this and they get a solid community. But this is absolutely not the direction I wish the franchise had gone, and I would rank it as the second worst Halo online experience after 4.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just picked this up for my son. 34, let's get this as a halo 5 skin

Mattel-Boomco-Magnum.jpg

Madness

Lol, at thinking JiP is ever a good solution in Halo of all games. It's one thing for Call of Duty where map control and weapon control mean jackshit, quite another for Halo.

Also, JiP doesn't mean the instant you lost a player you got one to replace. You could go several minutes before another player was put into your shitshow of a match. If they add JiP in again, I'll quit out every time I'm put into a match that has already started. The solution here isn't to reward the bad behavior by making others suffer. Let's also not pretend that 10 years or BTB was SOOOOOO unbearable without JiP. It's the shithead online community which can't handle loss at all. The modern player is scared to play ranks because they don't want to be judged, they want to quit if they start losing, they need loud announcements and way points when power weapons are coming, and in the case of Halo 4's Infinity (needed the ability to use power weapons without having to fight better players for them). Remember how many tried to play Infinity as a good thing? (Dude why should I have to wait and fight every 3 minutes if I want rockets).

Make the punishments for quitting tougher. It's obvious they haven't been working because I've never seen such bad quitting. Also, strongholds is not as great a mode as 343 pro team thinks it is. It works decently in smaller maps and 4v4, not so much in BTB with such large maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom