• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how the higher ranks of Halo Slayer become:

stay on one side of the map and wait for the enemy to push you, get kills, and maintain the lead.

This is fucking boring as fuck, seriously can't stand this. Like, I could understand if you were playing at a Tournament and money was on the line, but dude it's a fucking online slayer match, who gives a fuck about your Onyx/CSR rank enough to play a fucking 15 minute slayer match.

Just played a match where the enemy team was ahead 20-15, when they stated pulling that shit, and I was the only one on my team still pushing because I just want to get this match over with. So they actually start pushing because they're bored of how the match is going, with only challenging me every 20 seconds, so they push.

Boom, we suddenly take the lead 46-44, with 15 seconds left. I tell my team "Guys we've got the lead, fuck this shit just hide and stop fighting, win by time-end."

Of course Mr. 6-15 decides to push two guys, dies, and his friend tries to back him up and dies. Making it 46-46, forcing us to go into Overtime. All because they couldn't listen to me.

At this point, the three minutes of overtime is them once again just playing out the match in the corner of the map, waiting for us to push.

Screw this type of gameplay. I just wanna run around and fucking kill people and out-aim them, not run into two guys aiming at the corner waiting for people to push.

Higher-ranked Halo is awful.

Is this how you play counter strike? I don't think anyone is going to run around and push constantly in a competitive setting. I don't disagree that passive gameplay is boring as all hell, but if you want to run around the whole game you shouldn't play Arena. Halo has been like that since Halo 2 thanks to the slower kill times, health removal and flatter map design.

Also, Radar. Most of these maps are awful with Radar.

CeeSaw

Cool story brah. Enjoy those 10 minute match load times when the population hits the 5 digits. lol

You are still crying about this game? Every other post you mention COD and it is becoming annoying that you are still here shitting this thread up. I could care less about the population because I and a ton of other people are gonna be playing this game for a long time.

Knights are fine.

You shoot the glowing bits on their shoulders, then it exposes a core for a quick precision kill.

The soldiers are annoying. Not so much because they're bullet sponges, but because they give almost zero feedback on hits. You could be missing, hitting armor, hitting a weak point, who the fuck knows. They don't react worth a shit until the freak out and expose their 'light' and then you can get a quick precision kill... and even THEN it's not satisfying to kill them. Very insubstantial.

343i caliber design, basically. B tier. Makes you miss fighting elites in the real Halos, no?

Bothered me that they didn't flinch or show any visual feedback at all until their core was exposed. I get that they're armored, but you'll be pounding away at them with a Supressor and it's just *clink clink clink clink*. No shield flare, no stun; Nothing. The flood and Brutes in Halo 2 weren't even that dull.

I like the new Knights a lot though. They're still goofy enemies, but their weak spots make them more interesting to fight.

Ultimately, the AI itself is the biggest disappointment. They don't feel intimidating enough and the challenge only comes from OHK attacks like snipers. The Elites in the old games (especially Reach) would charge right at you and taunt you all the while. I had a camo Elite on Sanghelios charge right at me, and then as soon as I noticed him he stood completely still.

Link to Video. Playing on Heroic.

Leyasu

Banned
Any UK/EU players up for some BTB kicking off around 1.30pm UK time then hit me up. I should be on for a good 3 hours.

@ sordid get on mate, I'm a talisman for EU servers. Lol

Bothered me that they didn't flinch or show any visual feedback at all until their core was exposed. I get that they're armored, but you'll be pounding away at them with a Supressor and it's just *clink clink clink clink*. No shield flare, no stun; Nothing. The flood and Brutes in Halo 2 weren't even that dull.

I like the new Knights a lot though. They're still goofy enemies, but their weak spots make them more interesting to fight.

Ultimately, the AI itself is the biggest disappointment. They don't feel intimidating enough and the challenge only comes from OHK attacks like snipers. The Elites in the old games (especially Reach) would charge right at you and taunt you all the while.

Oh, no doubt.

The enemy AI is B-tier stuff.

It took Lost Planet style glowy 'SHOOT THIS PART' weak points to make fighting them even borderline fun. Speaks to the talent, as far as enemy and encounter design, certainly.

Comparing the AI in Reach to the AI in Halo 5 is like comparing an Olympic marathon runner to some fat dude running to the local Mcdonald's, hoping to get there before they stop selling breakfast sandwiches.

It's now at least a week that I did not play Halo 5. I really would like to play it back but I really need the old aim system, I hate the new one I feel like my Spartan does not answer to my commands like input lag but it's only on this game, I do not have this issue on MCC or Battlefront for example.

And I REALLY need social playlists and Infection!!!! Comon 343i!

I hate how the higher ranks of Halo Slayer become:

stay on one side of the map and wait for the enemy to push you, get kills, and maintain the lead.

This is fucking boring as fuck, seriously can't stand this. Like, I could understand if you were playing at a Tournament and money was on the line, but dude it's a fucking online slayer match, who gives a fuck about your Onyx/CSR rank enough to play a fucking 15 minute slayer match.

Just played a match where the enemy team was ahead 20-15, when they stated pulling that shit, and I was the only one on my team still pushing because I just want to get this match over with. So they actually start pushing because they're bored of how the match is going, with only challenging me every 20 seconds, so they push.

Boom, we suddenly take the lead 46-44, with 15 seconds left. I tell my team "Guys we've got the lead, fuck this shit just hide and stop fighting, win by time-end."

Of course Mr. 6-15 decides to push two guys, dies, and his friend tries to back him up and dies. Making it 46-46, forcing us to go into Overtime. All because they couldn't listen to me.

At this point, the three minutes of overtime is them once again just playing out the match in the corner of the map, waiting for us to push.

Screw this type of gameplay. I just wanna run around and fucking kill people and out-aim them, not run into two guys aiming at the corner waiting for people to push.

Higher-ranked Halo is awful.

Agreed and now you can play only ranked. I always hated the ranked in Halo.

I also do not like Warzone at all, it's a cheap invasion with "pay your weapon/vehicle" mentality and a single predictable spawn.
The weapons variations are also enough ugly in general when I see a promethean attachment on the BR is so weird, I don't see why they did not took true weapons variations like the AR of Reach, the old sniper/BR model for example etc. They simply have to take back the old model.

BTB Gameplay is fun but the aim is still a big issue for me and the maps are so ugly comon we are in 2015 on next gen guys! I'm really sad to say this because I really enjoyed and loved Halo 4 MP as well as the other Halo games of course but H5 ... nah really.

After some MP is jumped in the SP today.

Is there a problem / glitch while saving the game? When I die and try to continue.... HALO5 returns to the main Xbox One menu...

Edit: read on HALO waypoint there is a major problem with the save files. Quote from Forum Team / 343i:

We’ve been looking into issues surrounding Saved Games and Checkpoints in Campaign that can end a player’s session and bring them to the Xbox One Dashboard. This issue can be resolved by restarting the mission from the beginning. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working on a fix for this item.

Tried it several times and that don't even work..... Good job 343 :/

MouldyK

Darn, they stopped counting AI Kills in the overall K/D!

Now everyone can see my 0.633!

Before I was batting a straight 1 because of the AI Kills I was getting on Warzone.

Whoever came up with the idea of loading REQs onto a different server needs to be spanked in the butt. Two consecutive games where REQs just refuse to load.

Montresor

Whoever came up with the idea of loading REQs onto a different server needs to be spanked in the butt. Two consecutive games where REQs just refuse to load.

image.php

Strider

I sell everything except whiplash, sniper, and saw variations. I enjoy these and just sell everything else so I can go after cosmetics.

I'd keep any legendary stuff I got too but even though I've put in over 60 hours since launch I haven't gotten any legendary to drop yet.

Would it really kill them to up that drop rate a little bit? I know they want people to buy packs but I can't get excited over any of these new dlc reqs because the odds I'll ever actually get them are so low it doesn't matter. I don't even have any of the ones I want most from the original collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom