• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaGlock

Just had a running riot in a mantis on headlong, maybe because instead of trying to board me someone kept trying to ground pound me. Had to kill him like 5 times trying it

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I sell everything except whiplash, sniper, and saw variations. I enjoy these and just sell everything else so I can go after cosmetics.

I'd keep any legendary stuff I got too but even though I've put in over 60 hours since launch I haven't gotten any legendary to drop yet.

Would it really kill them to up that drop rate a little bit? I know they want people to buy packs but I can't get excited over any of these new dlc reqs because the odds I'll ever actually get them are so low it doesn't matter. I don't even have any of the ones I want most from the original collection.

No, snipedown has nearly 100% unlocked already. Nothing needs to be increased.

3DShovel

People need to stop getting such aggressive hard-ons for the sniper.

Just played a match of BTB Slayer where I was gunning in a warthog with a dude. Doing so, we got 8 kills within like, 20 seconds. After getting two more kills -- one being the sniper in their base -- my driver jumps out, and grabs the sniper. I kill the dude coming up behind him, and then proceed to move on because clearly the dude was being an idiot.

He died 15 seconds later, not even taking a single damn shot.

Karl2177

Does anyone have overheads of all of the maps(including Warzone)? I've found some on reddit, but they don't have Warzone and they all have callouts and weapons and I just want plain ones.

MANGOD

Banned
Haven't read through the thread so not sure if this is a known bug but its a pain in the ass!
Im playing solo campaign and started mission 8, I died about 10 mins into the mission but instead of loading my last checkpoint I get kicked to the main dashboard. Load up the game again and try to resume but once again as the level is loading it suddenly goes back to the main dashboard. Trying this a few more times with the same result I restart the level and everything works fine. This time however Im about half an hour into the mission and I die. As its loading once again Im kicked to the dashboard. FFS!
Anyone else have this? Ive tried going offline and it makes no difference. Im playing solo on the swords of sanghelios, heroic difficulty.
Ive checked that i dont have any skulls on but ive noticed that the iron skull is 'cannot revive or be revived.' Solo restart mission on death. This is exactly the problem but I dont even have it active

Strider

No, snipedown has nearly 100% unlocked already. Nothing needs to be increased.

Snipedown has spent hundreds on packs already + plays waaaaay more than an average player.

Not even close to What should be the norm

It shouldn't take hundreds of hours to get a measly one legendary. I didn't say increase total number of drops. Just that ultra rare and legendary items become more frequent... Up the drop rates of those

Haven't read through the thread so not sure if this is a known bug but its a pain in the ass!
Im playing solo campaign and started mission 8, I died about 10 mins into the mission but instead of loading my last checkpoint I get kicked to the main dashboard. Load up the game again and try to resume but once again as the level is loading it suddenly goes back to the main dashboard. Trying this a few more times with the same result I restart the level and everything works fine. This time however Im about half an hour into the mission and I die. As its loading once again Im kicked to the dashboard. FFS!
Anyone else have this? Ive tried going offline and it makes no difference. Im playing solo on the swords of sanghelios, heroic difficulty

Yes this is a known issue, 343 is looking into it.

BraXzy

Anyone else have this? Ive tried going offline and it makes no difference. Im playing solo on the swords of sanghelios, heroic difficulty

I think the recent patch messed with checkpoints in the Campaign unintentionally, they're working on a fix but from what I remember the only solution currently is to restart the mission :(

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Had teammates intentionally kill me to take flag while I was waiting for them to return our flag. They ended up dying, losing the flag and costing us a cap.

Triz

Breakout game: after second round tied 1-1 2 teammates leave. Game goes 9 rounds and we end up losing. I had 12 kills and closest guy on other team had 6. I get down ranked. Could be some tweaks to rankings I think.

Haines

Banned
Is there a good guide on how warzone is to be played

I still don't have a clue what's going on beside cpaturing things getting points by killing ai and using my req cards if I so please

Had teammates intentionally kill me to take flag while I was waiting for them to return our flag. They ended up dying, losing the flag and costing us a cap.

same thing happened to me on Deadlock. They had our flag and I had theirs and I was sitting in the stair well. Guy starts ARing me in the back.

Why does Halo still have friendly fire?

blakep267

Is there a good guide on how warzone is to be played

I still don't have a clue what's going on beside cpaturing things getting points by killing ai and using my req cards if I so please
War zone is just about getting points basically. Capturing bases just gives you a better vantage point to get to enemy AI. Like if you have garage for example, you can get to the loading bay or any of the hunters easily. Essentially try to kill all of the 150 point bosses

I only use reqs for bosses and enemy vehicles. The ant and smg combo works fine for players

Strider

The rage messages are real today rofl I've gotten them both from teammates and from enemies today.

As a summary I'm a shitter that needs to go back to CoD apparently.

"Go back to CoD" is the go to insult nowadays it seems

Game is seriously so much more fun with the fixed pistol.
I'm onyx in arena but hovered around 1600 prepatch and now I haven't lost a single game post patch.

Haines

Banned
War zone is just about getting points basically. Capturing bases just gives you a better vantage point to get to enemy AI. Like if you have garage for example, you can get to the loading bay or any of the hunters easily. Essentially try to kill all of the 150 point bosses

I only use reqs for bosses and enemy vehicles. The ant and smg combo works fine for players

So capturing those places is purely for spawn?

So my goal is to kill bosses for points to win?

Bessy67

Pretty much. You get hardly any points for holding the bases, but like he said holding bases is great for spawning closer to bosses. Killing bosses is where most of the points come from

Strider

Nah u got points every 5 seconds based on how many bases you have captured. But being able to spawn on specific based also gives a big advantage when going after bosses. You need to do both.

Anyone else have this? Ive tried going offline and it makes no difference. Im playing solo on the swords of sanghelios, heroic difficulty.
Ive checked that i dont have any skulls on but ive noticed that the iron skull is 'cannot revive or be revived.' Solo restart mission on death. This is exactly the problem but I dont even have it active

Same problem here :/ See page before this one... Mind you, restarting the level on Legendary ( or whatever difficulty ) and you die, you have to start all over.

Just had a running riot in a mantis on headlong, maybe because instead of trying to board me someone kept trying to ground pound me. Had to kill him like 5 times trying it

My mind always thinks that a ground pound on a warthog would do some big damage, sadly it does nothing at all and it's a shame :(

So what happens when it says "Unable to retrieve session data"

Seems like I don't get anything at all for the match I just played.

You get your req points but it might take a little bit to update, nothing is lost thankfully.

I've beaten the campaign, which I loved, and am making my way through a few multiplayer matches. God I've missed Halo Team Slayer! One question, where are there post game medals?

EBE

I've beaten the campaign, which I loved, and am making my way through a few multiplayer matches. God I've missed Halo Team Slayer! One question, where are there post game medals?

don't think you can see them. in fact, I don't think the game has a list of medal anywhere

You can only see them online right now. Not sure if they're going to update this and add into game, though.

JackHerer

That controls update can't come soon enough. There is a massive deadzone for me that makes it tedious and more difficult then it should be to make minor adjustments to my reticle. I'm hoping it's the game and not my elite.

It's really noticeable for me when I am moving around trying to keep my reticle where I expect people's heads to appear. When in a battle I sometimes have to strafe to get my reticle to move that tiny amount necessary for a headshot because otherwise I can end up over aiming.

That controls update can't come soon enough. There is a massive deadzone for me that makes it tedious and more difficult then it should be to make minor adjustments to my reticle. I'm hoping it's the game and not my elite.

It's really noticeable for me when I am moving around trying to keep my reticle where I expect people's heads to appear. When in a battle I sometimes have to strafe to get my reticle to move that tiny amount necessary for a headshot because otherwise I can end up over aiming.

yeah, honestly i'm sticking to having fun in BTB and warzone until the control update hits then I can continue my progress in 4 v 4 competitive.

Haines

Banned

Do you have an elite controller. I can adjust the sensitivity on mine but the deadline isn't bothering me in this game. Maybe it's the longer right stick helping.

Just played a toe to toe warzone match that came down to who killed warden.

Its kind of a really strange game mode but it finally clicked for me so I'm going to stick with it and see if I can have some fun with it.

How many warzone maps in this game?

Haines

Banned
Yeah I just played same map 3 times.

I like the mode but it seems you need to good teams. 1 bad one and it just goes lopsided.

JackHerer

Do you have an elite controller. I can adjust the sensitivity on mine but the deadline isn't bothering me in this game. Maybe it's the longer right stick helping.

Just played a toe to toe warzone match that came down to who killed warden.

Its kind of a really strange game mode but it finally clicked for me so I'm going to stick with it and see if I can have some fun with it.

How many warzone maps in this game?

Yes I have an elite. I imagine the longer stick could in fact help with this issue but I don't have much interest in using that. I should try my scuf again and compare the dead zone I guess. They did say the update would allow you to define your own dead zone somehow.

Haines

Banned
Yes I have an elite. I imagine the longer stick could in fact help with this issue but I don't have much interest in using that. I should try my scuf again and compare the dead zone I guess. They did say the update would allow you to define your own dead zone somehow.

I use one long stick for aimer with game sens at 3

I might try the higher response settings on elite. You didn't have luck with them?

pieface

343. Turn JIP back on for BTB ffs. 75% of my games are ruined due to quits. Its so frustrating. Completely ruined the game mode.

Haines

Banned
343. Turn JIP back on for BTB ffs. 75% of my games are ruined due to quits. Its so frustrating. Completely ruined the game mode.

I thought they did

I played one this morning and it said teammate joined

Also quitters are plaguing every mode right now nor just btb

Hatchtag

Banned
Quitters plague every mode, which happens in every game really. Its just more noticable because Halo 5 doesn't handle it well. Needs to not count games with quitters as a loss and needs to offer a mercy rule when there's a ridiculous amount of quits.

pieface

I thought they did

I played one this morning and it said teammate joined

Also quitters are plaguing every mode right now nor just btb

Nope, it's not back. I think half the problem is disconnections too. Some games we will be winning and suddenly we are two players down. I don't think anyone would quit whilst winning.

Glass

Nope, it's not back. I think half the problem is disconnections too. Some games we will be winning and suddenly we are two players down. I don't think anyone would quit whilst winning.

Yeah this happened to me. Winning on two seperate BTB's, d/c'd each time. Not sure whose end the problem was on, but there's more then one reason someone suddenly drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom