• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to playing some BTB and doing my 10 placement matches. Got put on some garbage teams at the beginning but they were better later on.

Out of 10 matches, won 5, lost 4, one hotly contested CTF draw.

4 of the matches were ruined by quitters on both teams bailing at the first sign of their team losing. Fucking disgusting behaviour.

Had a few too many consecutive games of strongholds on Guillotine to be a coincidence and maybe something is off for the weighting there. Had a guy betray me for my sniper in one game there and another for some random reason in Basin. I will never understand why people do this. Really hoping social is unranked and has friendly fire off so I can avoid that shit in future.

Recurve never came up once.

Yes I have an elite. I imagine the longer stick could in fact help with this issue but I don't have much interest in using that. I should try my scuf again and compare the dead zone I guess. They did say the update would allow you to define your own dead zone somehow.

If you have the Elite controller, you could try messing with the stick sensitivity options, and combining them with different Halo 5 sensitivity options.

I was playing around one night, and turned the sensitivity in Halo down from 4 to 2, and set the stick sensitivity to smooth, and it felt alright. Like, if I kept playing around with it I might have found a decent temporary solution, but then I realized 'it is absolutely nuts that a game is requiring me to use a $160 peripheral to compensate for it's faulty stick acceleration and deadzone'.

BraXzy

Fallout is such a time sync. I'm coming back to Halo 5 after I'm done with my work today.

I'm a bit late to the party but The Witcher 3 has been my current time sink. With matches of Halo here and there to mix it up. Fallout 4 is next up, save me haha.

Trup1aya

Snipedown has spent hundreds on packs already + plays waaaaay more than an average player.

Not even close to What should be the norm

It shouldn't take hundreds of hours to get a measly one legendary. I didn't say increase total number of drops. Just that ultra rare and legendary items become more frequent... Up the drop rates of those

The low drop rates is what makes them ultra rare/ legendary. It boils down to luck. Have you been opening packs systematically? That helps too

That was awesome mate, makes me need to jump back into Arena instead of doing this report.....
Very nice
Very nice Funk. But where's my "all 'Combat Evolved' medals and pistol kills like it goddamn should be" montage?
Thanks, I had fun making it! And good idea Fuchs, I need to better organize my clips lol. Right now I have a folder with tons of unnamed clips, so I just threw that together :b

Seriously, is anybody else having problems bookmarking films in theater mode?

I'm pushing in the left stick, but they don't save to the bookmarks folder. I can watch all them fine from the recent films section, but they'll eventually be ovewritten.

For what it's worth, I had 3 saved films before the BTB and REQ update, and they're all gone now...

CeeSaw

I'm pushing in the left stick, but they don't save to the bookmarks folder. I can watch all them fine from the recent films section, but they'll eventually be ovewritten.

For what it's worth, I had 3 saved films before the BTB and REQ update, and they're all gone now...

I read something about the BTB update screwing up the theater mode. Think it was on Brav's twitter.

Fuchsdh

I have a new rule that's served me well.

Left to die 3-on-1? Immediate quit.

Left to die 3-on-1? I go into stealth mode, morph into the goddamn Alien and kill them one by one. When people think they've won a game they usually stop playing smart and you can fuck them up. I've even had people quit out of won games because they were tired I was going to make them work for their win.

Velikost

Got Halo 5 on launch day, play about 2-4 game of slayer a day. Just played on Eden for the first time.

I hadn't played Truth until last week, and I've been playing constantly since launch.

Is it true BTB has double XP this weekend? I saw it mentioned in here but it doenst say anything in game

Left to die 3-on-1? I go into stealth mode, morph into the goddamn Alien and kill them one by one. When people think they've won a game they usually stop playing smart and you can fuck them up. I've even had people quit out of won games because they were tired I was going to make them work for their win.

I'm glad that works for you.

I'm fully done finishing every match with double-digit assists and a negative K/D, because my teammates feel free to clean up after my work.

More than happy to leave them to die and lose 3 on 4.

Sometimes it's not on the teammates, it's on 343i's absolutely wretched spawn AI, which spawns me closer to the 4 enemies than it does my own teammates, and in those cases I don't count it towards the rule.

But when I see teammates crouching behind corners on the kill-cam, waiting for their chance to pick their spot, as I'm getting triple teamed, I'm out yo.

Add other gaffer's and play the game with a team.

So many of you play the game solo and then proceed to rage.

It's almost as if a $60 product in 2015 should have decent matchmaking that doesn't put single players up against teams of 4.

Or a 'lone wolves' playlist of some kind.

Of course, 343i is reasonably terrified of splitting up their small (and likely shrinking) userbase across more playlists.

Hence no live population counts.

3DShovel

It's almost as if a $60 product in 2015 should have decent matchmaking that doesn't put single players up against teams of 4.

Or a 'lone wolves' playlist of some kind.

Of course, 343i is reasonably terrified of splitting up their small (and likely shrinking) userbase across more playlists.

Hence no live population counts.

This argument is so tired. Just play and if you're not having fun don't play. This '343 is scared of this and they're dumb in this regard' stuff is getting old and it's really immature.

You spend your time how you want to spend it dude, damn.

This argument is so tired. Just play and if you're not having fun don't play. This '343 is scared of this and they're dumb in this regard' stuff is getting old and it's really immature.

You spend your time how you want to spend it dude, damn.

You're right.

And I'm pretty stupid, because I keep getting these flashes of hope when things come together, or the core shooting and movement stays in the foreground while all the b-tier garbage fades to the background for a stretch, a match, even a few matches. Those moments are addictive, and they keep me coming back, searching for them.

Like a druggy, constantly searching for the next hit that will reach the same high as his very first.

Eventually hope will be lost, or at the very least the misery between those 'hits' will outweigh the highs and I'll finally move on.

And obviously, there's the natural phenomena of consumers trying to rationalize their expenditure by convincing themselves of the quality of their purchase, and that will eventually fade as well...

Haines

Banned
If you have the Elite controller, you could try messing with the stick sensitivity options, and combining them with different Halo 5 sensitivity options.

I was playing around one night, and turned the sensitivity in Halo down from 4 to 2, and set the stick sensitivity to smooth, and it felt alright. Like, if I kept playing around with it I might have found a decent temporary solution, but then I realized 'it is absolutely nuts that a game is requiring me to use a $160 peripheral to compensate for it's faulty stick acceleration and deadzone'.

I thought those problems were in the Xbox controller not halo. I've noticed them since launch. I always figured we got the elite BC of how bad the standard controller is. I mean, they already did a revision even

I think I like the longer stick but I'm going to go back to small aim stick tonight to see how I feel

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Why is antitype still posting here, still playing halo 5, stll a member of neogaf?

Spawned on the Rig, left to die 3-on-1.

My teammates mocked me.

I proceeded to ensure I didn't get another kill all game. 3-and-18. They lost the match 50-47.

It was GLORIOUS. Most satisfying match and end-game lobby I've ever had in Halo 5, bar none.

Sordid

343. Turn JIP back on for BTB ffs. 75% of my games are ruined due to quits. Its so frustrating. Completely ruined the game mode.

It's weird, I got added to Leyasu's fireteam earlier and it added me to a BTB game that was in progress. Not sure if it's been 100% switched off.

Nutter

Why is antitype still posting here, still playing halo 5, stll a member of neogaf?

LOL.

I don't know what other game actually goes to the same length of setting up something as close to a skill based matchmaking as Halo does. COD does not give two shits, and neither does Destiny. I do agree that solo players should not be matched up against a party. But how do you tell if someone is in a party or not? I usually equate it to the team having very good positioning in a match to meaning they are likely in a team of 4, but even that is just me speculating as the game does not tell you this.

My teammates mocked me.

I proceeded to ensure I didn't get another kill all game. 3-and-18. They lost the match 50-47.

It was GLORIOUS. Most satisfying match and end-game lobby I've ever had in Halo 5, bar none.

See this is just pathetic. Why not just quit the game? why are you intentionally ruining the game for others?
If you are really that bothered by someone calling you out, then start a party chat with just yourself.

My teammates mocked me.

Are you 10 years old? Get thicker skin bro if this is how you live your life outside of games you're gonna have a rough go at it.

BraXzy

I was having problems too last night. Couldn't book mark and after each film when leaving it it'd throw me to the Campaign screen and take a few attempts to reopen Theatre.

TrounceX

I've started reading this thread solely for the meltdown posts. Some of you guys are so prolific with your rage posts I can sometimes tell who's posting without even reading the username.

Really it reminds me of myself a few years ago. I understand, Halo can be frustrating as hell, until you realize it's just a game, you're never going pro, and nobody cares about your rank or K/D except you.

If you really care that much though, offloading the blame to 343 every time you have a bad game is about the most unproductive thing you can do. H5 is as balanced and competitive a Halo game there has ever been. In other words, it's not the game, it's you.

BraXzy

Has there been an exact date confirmation on when ranks reset btw? We all know it's going to be monthly seasons. But is it happening the first day of each month?

My teammates mocked me.

talk about outrage culture

16BitNova

Yup, I do this too. It's actually kind of fun. It turns into like a whole new game type.

Montresor

Can someone help me understand what is or is not allowed for the Fire Drill achievement (beat Evacuation on Heroic without dying in under 18 mins).

If I choose Start > Resume from Last Checkpoint does that make my time accumulate? Or does it restart my time elapsed to its original value at that checkpoint?

That achievement is making me pull my hair out.

I have no idea whether or no Im actually close to a 18 mins... wish they had a damn timer.

Homeboyd

I've started reading this thread solely for the meltdown posts. Some of you guys are so prolific with your rage posts I can sometimes tell who's posting without even reading the username.

Really it reminds me of myself a few years ago. I understand, Halo can be frustrating as hell, until you realize it's just a game, you're never going pro, and nobody cares about your rank or K/D except you.

If you really care that much though, offloading the blame to 343 every time you have a bad game is about the most unproductive thing you can do. H5 is as balanced and competitive a Halo game there has ever been. In other words, it's not the game, it's you.
Speaking of offloading, how's that ole 360 of yours doing?

SpokkX

So 343 WILL release real btb maps also right? I love that mode but these forge maps, while kind of nice designed for gameplay, just look SO bad i have a hard time playing them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom