• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Akai__

If SC was as big of an issue as some of you say it is, our commendation would have been maxed a long time ago, and yet we're struggling to finish Rank 2, lol.

I think people are more annoyed by it when they get charged from the front. It's like Reachs Sprint + Melee. And I'd argue that most Spartan Charges actually happen from the front, instead of from the back where it's an insta kill. That's why our progress is so low.

Add a social playlist with autos and radar, let new players learn the game and increase their skill level in that. Remove them (or perhaps tweak in the case of autos) from ranked arena.

Definitely remove them from the pro settings. I'll be disappointed if in the next season of HCS we still have radar and the SR.

100% agree with this. Feel like this is only happening, because 343i decided that the Team Arena playlist is also the "Hardcore" Playlist.

E92 M3

Add a social playlist with autos and radar, let new players learn the game and increase their skill level in that. Remove them (or perhaps tweak in the case of autos) from ranked arena.

Definitely remove them from the pro settings. I'll be disappointed if in the next season of HCS we still have radar and the SR.

This is also true. Removing radar isn't suddenly going to make SC super powerful. It's annoying in it's current state but I wouldn't say it's over powered at all.

Halo 3 had a great idea with Team Training, I'd support something like that as well.

Ramirez

And it would be even more of a "no brainer" theyd include daily, weekly & monthly "bounties" so to speak that forced people to jump into those other modes like SP or BTB etc. that incited players to play them and do things in those modes so that they could then reward those players with req packs to then thus, ultimately bring them into that $$ mode regardless. Kinda like what they finally did with that daily win thing, only about 100 times better.

If they had half a clue, theyd expand on what they had and not strip it down and break it to the point where it forces people into warzone.

There are a lot of ways you can improve on all of your games mode without breaking it to the point where people dont wanna play those modes anymore.

No brainer is hardly the wording id use in their case there considering it just pisses off a lot of their core fans off doing it this way.

Theyre trying to bring back halo to where it used to be, not destroy what it used to be.

Many would argue Halo was first and foremost a tight arena shooter, and they've arguably built the best one ever. All in how you look at things. You just come off as angry, nothing anyone says will change your view, so I'm done with the convo. Nothing lasts forever.

Halo 3 had a great idea with Team Training, I'd support something like that as well.

i just dont think they have the playerbase for this.

people are already having a huge problem finding games at higher skill levels.

i am still crazy confused why there arent weekly or monthly challenges, ie "bounties". seems like the most simple addition.

Many would argue Halo was first and foremost a tight arena shooter, and they've arguably built the best one ever. All in how you look at things. You just come off as angry, nothing anyone says will change your view, so I'm done with the convo. Nothing lasts forever.

No it wasnt. Its just was it was to you, and youre not the center of the universe. Last i checked halo CE had some awesome BTB game modes. Some of the best along with 2. You have no clue what youre talking about.

Akai__

master_chief__s_popcorn_by_x38-d4a4rpr.png

Welfare

^^wtf

343 giving the shaft to BTB is basically the biggest "Fuck You". Warzone being number 1 shouldn't mean BTB suffers from a lack of actual Dev maps and having to rely on the community for maps that are all fucking remakes/reimaginings. Shit, 343 aren't even treating their "Premiere" large player mode that well in the map departement seeing as after 4 months we only have 1 new map and a very shitty cookie cutter Assault variant that for whatever reason was added after the actual Warzone variant.

Also how is Spartan Charge an issue? It's not a big deal.

Trup1aya

It already has, lol. Some of you don't want to come to grips with it, but WZ is the big team gametype moving forward for the future.

Read my quote again. I said 343 thought Warzone would replace BTB in the eyes of USERS.

It's clear that 343 replaced BTB with Warzone. But whether or not USERS feel it it's an adequate replacement is hard to tell, considering users were not given comparable products, in terms of quality, to choose from. I'm almost certain the majority would have prefered 'Warzone plus a proper BTB' over 'Warzone instead of a proper BTB'.

Ramirez

No it wasnt. Its just was it was to you, and youre not the center of the universe. Last i checked halo CE had some awesome BTB game modes. Some of the best along with 2. You have no clue what youre talking about.

Take a deep breath, bud.

Or don't, it's amusing either way.

Read my quote again. I said 343 though Warzone would replace BTB in the eyes of USERS.

It's clear that 343 replaced BTB with Warzone. But whether or not USERS feel it it's an adequate replacement is hard to tell, considering users were not given comparable products, in terms of quality, to choose from.

If they didn't feel it was a good replacement, or good at all, would it be number 1? The game is clearly built around a 4v4 Arena experience, and yet WZ still tops the charts, so I think the majority are ok with it. *shrug*

belushy

Banned
Spartan Charge is almost non-existant in all the warzone matches i played.

Ground pound tho...

mmmmmm yeaaah......

Spartan Charge and melee rushing kids are abundant from the matches I've played. I'll even thrust back and these people will still get the god lunge lol

Caja 117

Sure, it's not the end of the world but when a corporation waves it in our faces that this game will have dedicated servers, we expect no lag or issues regarding latency to be assocaited with these dedicated servers.

If they never touted the whole 'must run on dedicated servers' then maybe a few of us wouldn't be bitching about the lag. :p

I just don't think that having dedicated server will fix other connectivity problems that might be going on, not all lags are the fault of the server.

Yesterday I had one of those nasty ruberbanding type of lag/latency matches, , it sucks, but Is something I just know its going to happen.

The Dedicated servers aside from offering good connectivity (or tying to) have also others qualities that IMO are working perfectly:, Spectator mode, taking out network manipulation from players, give players the ability to join LAN games even if they are not in the same room or country, and I'm sure there must be more positive to it.

Fotos

So in other news... Our Halogaf Spartan Company has really stepped it up lately. Almost every time I hop on H5 I have a couple Spartan Company Packs to open. Keep up the good work everyone.

29% of the way to the Achilles armor. All about that helmet though

Trup1aya

Take a deep breath, bud.

Or don't, it's amusing either way.

If they didn't feel it was a good replacement, or good at all, would it be number 1? The game is clearly built around a 4v4 Arena experience, and yet WZ still tops the charts, so I think the majority are ok with it. *shrug*

What? People literally didn't have a BTB to play for the first 2 weeks, and then when they got one it was filled with glitchy forge maps... And it's still is filled with glitchy forge maps.

We'll never know what the playlist populations would look like if 343i didn't handicap one mode from the start. But it's quite possible that Warzone wouldn't be as popular as it is now. Or that people would be spending more time in BTB than they are now.

If you make people choose between a hamburger, and a cheeseburger with shit on it, you can't use the results to determine people don't like cheese...

Secondly, just because Warzone is #1 doesn't mean that war zone is more popular than 4v4. 4v4 is split between team slayer, team arena, BTB, And Breakout. It's quite possible that those totals top Warzone...

I'm not saying people don't think Warzone is good. Just that it's not a replacement to BTB. They both deserve quality maps and dev attention.

So in other news... Our Halogaf Spartan Company has really stepped it up lately. Almost every time I hop on H5 I have a couple Spartan Company Packs to open. Keep up the good work everyone.

Maybe we'll have the helmet in time for Halo Wars 2!
Probably not.

singhr1

I was busying studying for exams this past week and I had 9 packs to open this morning. Ya'll going hard for the Achilles and I love it. It's my turn to contribute :)

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Is there any room left in the HaloGAF Spartan Company?

I'm getting back into H5 more solidly now so I'd love to contribute and get the armor too.

I just don't think that having dedicated server will fix other connectivity problems that might be going on, not all lags are the fault of the server.

Yesterday I had one of those nasty ruberbanding type of lag/latency matches, , it sucks, but Is something I just know its going to happen.

The Dedicated servers aside from offering good connectivity (or tying to) have also others qualities that IMO are working perfectly:, Spectator mode, taking out network manipulation from players, give players the ability to join LAN games even if they are not in the same room or country, and I'm sure there must be more positive to it.

I'm just generalizing the offered product when an online multiplayer games emphasizes dedicated servers. They could have kept it quiet, like other games, but its part of their marketing...
i dont really care tbh, i just want to vent sometimes and cross that thin line between loving and hating this game. well.. not hate maybe, dissapointment.

Caja 117

Last night I was about to come in here to whine about the Warden on Legendary, is the first time I played solo on legendry, and I was loosing my mind on how to beat him, at the end I just had to go and rush him with the scater shot. just to think I had to kill him again later on...

Last night I was about to come in here to whine about the Warden on Legendary, is the first time I played solo on legendry, and I was loosing my mind on how to beat him, at the end I just had to go and rush him with the scater shot. just to think I had to kill him again later on...

:3

You can skip him in his Final Form.

lolololol not joking

If you make people choose between a hamburger, and a cheeseburger with shit on it, you can't use the results to determine people don't like cheese...

Haha, that's great and makes sense. I'm pretty with you when it comes to the way BTB has been treated and this thread needs more burgers. This is what I said in a previous thread relating to this topic.

SillyNonsense said:
Halo 4 was a subpar burger from McDonalds. You asked for no pickles and they put them in anyway, so you took them out and finished your lunch. The meat was grey but it could have been worse.

MCC was literally a shit sandwich and the guy at the register tried to get you to eat it by putting ketchup on it. "Come on dude it's fine now."

Halo 5 is a burger consisting of one really good patty with average buns and no condiments or toppings. The guy at the register keeps telling you your toppings are coming but you've been sitting here for half an hour and you're wondering why you're even putting up with their antics instead of going across the street to In-n-Out. An employee smiles warmly at you as he now gives you a single pickle, assuring you "there's more where that came from! In the meantime consider buying a gift card." You begin to question your own intelligence while waiting for your third burger from this establishment.

They've got a passionate team with piss-poor leadership steering the ship. Nobody gives a shit about your promises when 3 months in, the basic gametypes havent arrived yet and they're still treating forge maps like they did you a real favor.

I find this thread's title to be very appropriate.

JackHerer

What? People literally didn't have a BTB to play for the first 2 weeks, and then when they got one it was filled with glitchy forge maps... And it's still is filled with glitchy forge maps.

We'll never know what the playlist populations would look like if 343i didn't handicap one mode from the start. But it's quite possible that Warzone wouldn't be as popular as it is now. Or that people would be spending more time in BTB than they are now.

Secondly, just because Warzone is #1 doesn't mean that war zone is more popular than 4v4. 4v4 is split between team slayer, team arena, BTB, And Breakout. It's quite possible that those totals top Warzone...

I'm not saying people don't think Warzone is good. Just that it's not a replacement to BTB. They both deserve quality maps and dev attention.

Couldn't have said it better myself lol. Ram your reasoning in this case is shit.

I would play literally 10x the amount of BTB I do (and probably little to no Warzone) if we had proper BTB maps and not the mediocre butt ugly Forge maps we have now.

Wait, are you arguing for both radar and easy to use autos? Seriously?

There are many demonstrable reasons why both reduce the skill ceiling, it's not even subjective.

Radar is literally a crutch designed to help lesser skilled players. It reduces the player agency and stifles creative movement whilst encouraging camping. It gives a massive amount of information away to a player for no penalty and it actively reduces the skill in decision making. Knowing when to sit back and bait rather than push requires more game knowledge and awareness when radar is disabled than it does when enabled.

No radar increases both the solo and teamwork skill ceiling, it allows for effective flanking maneuvers, forces players to be far more aware of enemy positions and movements, and encourages far more communication between team members.

Removing radar won't kill Halo's population lol, that's crazy talk for whoever believes that. It needs to go, especially at higher levels. Keep it on for social and ranks below Gold or Plat if they really want to, but it needs to be removed from Diamond+ because that's like giving metal cleats to soccer players.

Top Bottom