• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

This.

STOP IT.

CANCER TO MY EYES

But my guy looks so fucking dope!!!

1060002_0_2060002_3031_12_0

I win.

Page 117 wish = #BlackUndersuits and #WarzoneLoadouts

JackHerer

So I keep getting intermittent rubber banding and around half the games a DQ. And it seems totally random, game could be fine and in the final minutes I will instantly lag out.

I'm forced to play on alts when this starts happening to avoid destroying my stats, win/loss, etc. luckily I have an alt that's diamond at the moment, main is onyx but it's close enough. I mostly play onyxes.

Edit: no words for how broken the servers feel right now. US east cost. Guess that's my signal to quit for now. Play something else for the moment.

Detective

Page 117

Which 343 will send me some sort of code or something :p

14 days and 7 hours played on warzone :D

This weekend was simply amazing i must say.

The game was so smooth, almost no lag or latency. A dream I must say.

keep it up 343. WZ is incredible great. Bring more maps and content to it please.

im_dany

Don't we need to finish the commendation at that level to get the armor? I.e. get to level 4.

I heard that once, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Yes, finish lv3 for armor and lv5 for head I think (or is it the opposite?) for kill commendations.

We're lv2 at spartan charge and promethean kills and lv3 for 20 more commendations, so it's still a long way till Achilles.

The assassinations one is going to be LONG, we have 50 out of 1500 for lv3.

Trup1aya

I'm really no help when it comes to assassinations. I almost never do them because I want to win and they are usually a death sentence. When i DO try to pull one off, I often get a regular beat down .

Same with Spartan charge. Rarely do I find a player weak enough to die by SC. If I do, I typically shoot him with my pistol, because I wanna win, not be exposed by sprint.

I guess I'm just to sweaty

Madness

I always get my assassinations stolen. I can probably count 6 since we started to be aware for the armor that didn't happen because some idiot ignores that I'm assassinating someone and just kills him outright.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yoinks are the worst, it is such a Elzar thing to do.

In other news I'm back home from cologne, Halo EMEAs were awesome, didn't meet Hyper though :(
Cause I was too drunk and tired on Sunday lmao.

I love Halo lan events, I hope there will be another at Gamescom or I will try to get to worlds.

Trup1aya

In other news I'm back home from cologne, Halo EMEAs were awesome, didn't meet Hyper though :(

I love Halo lan events, I hope there will be another at Gamescom or I will try to get to worlds.

How was the turnout?

WOW

How did you know?

UKqra96.png

So here I am one win from Onyx again and the game puts me up against a full team of +1900 Onyxes, while my team highest rank was a 1538 Onyx. Ok no big deal, I didn’t lose that many rank points. Next game is a close game and we lose, I have no problems against that. However, my next two games both end up 3v4. I end up all the way back in D5. Played a few more and now I’m back at D6. I’m about to say fuck it and just be done with Arena, it’s not worth it.

Loomba

So here I am one win from Onyx again and the game puts me up against a full team of +1900 Onyxes, while my team highest rank was a 1538 Onyx. Ok no big deal, I didn’t lose that many rank points. Next game is a close game and we lose, I have no problems against that. However, my next two games both end up 3v4. I end up all the way back in D5. Played a few more and now I’m back at D6. I’m about to say fuck it and just be done with Arena, it’s not worth it.

I feel for you man, sometimes in Arena you just can't catch a break. I go on stretches where I lose like 4-5 games in a row and say I'm not gonna care anymore then I go on a 5 or so win streak then get right back into caring.

Ramirez

I mean...just play and have fun? The game doesn't magically get better if you hit Onyx, it's just going to be even more frustrating every match at that point, lol.

Spartan Charges & Assassinations are going to be the things that hold us back, they're moving at a snail's pace compared to everything else.

E92 M3

I mean...just play and have fun? The game doesn't magically get better if you hit Onyx, it's just going to be even more frustrating every match at that point, lol.

Spartan Charges & Assassinations are going to be the things that hold us back, they're moving at a snail's pace compared to everything else.

I've actually been going out of my way to do SC and assassinations. Hopefully more people step up!

Laggy games do exist - but it's not the end of the world.

Sure, it's not the end of the world but when a corporation waves it in our faces that this game will have dedicated servers, we expect no lag or issues regarding latency to be assocaited with these dedicated servers.

If they never touted the whole 'must run on dedicated servers' then maybe a few of us wouldn't be bitching about the lag. :p

Akai__

Anyone else getting Onyx/champ matches where people just crouch and storm rifle spam? Really annoying gun.

Yeah, this is why I started to hate Empire and Regret. Competetive Halo with auto weapons and radar is a joke. People really abuse them.

Ramirez

Anyone else getting Onyx/champ matches where people just crouch and storm rifle spam? Really annoying gun.

Yes, for months. The SR's current spawn rate & number per map is laughably bad. Radar shouldn't exist in TA either, hopefully the pros force their hand on that soon. The amount of crouch walking with SMGs & ARs at the X Games was stupid too for a pro event.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, this is why I started to hate Empire and Regret. Competetive Halo with auto weapons and radar is a joke. People really abuse them.

Plenty of places where you can prevent yourself from getting plastered. I like campers because it's easy to deny them by avoiding the likely spots, and they leave their allies exposed and easier pickings.

Trup1aya

Yes, for months. The SR's current spawn rate & number per map is laughably bad. Radar shouldn't exist in TA either, hopefully the pros force their hand on that soon. The amount of crouch walking with SMGs & ARs at the X Games was stupid too for a pro event.

I think many of, the less skilled players would find this game much less enjoyable if there was no Radar.

Akai__

I think many of, the less skilled players would find this game much less enjoyable if there was no Radar.

They should come up with a solution that disables radar and these auto weapons as soon as people reach the higher levels. Maybe updwards Platinum? I'd love this.

Plenty of places where you can prevent yourself from getting plastered. I like campers because it's easy to deny them by avoiding the likely spots, and they leave their allies exposed and easier pickings.

People don't just camp in one corner with it. In my Diamond matches, people bring it to every position possible, because it's such a strong weapon. You never know where they will camp, because of that. Same goes for the SMG.

E92 M3

They should come up with a solution that disables radar and these auto weapons as soon as people reach the higher levels. Maybe updwards Platinum? I'd love this.

People don't just camp in one corner with it. In my Diamond matches, people bring it to every position possible, because it's such a strong weapon. You never know where they will camp, because of that. Same goes for the SMG.

Utilizing the whole sandbox is the hallmark of a good player. Do I hate getting killed by the SM? Sure, it's very annoying, but it was my fault for being in that position and not having the proper weapon equipped.

Akai__

Utilizing the whole sandbox is the hallmark of a good player. Do I hate getting killed by the SM? Sure, it's very annoying, but it was my fault for being in that position and not having the proper weapon equipped.

Did we really reach the point where we call people camping with these auto weapons a "good player"? I refuse to believe that. lol

I'm cycling between Helljumper, Centurion, Copperhead and Argus. I'm getting closer and closer to 100%.

• HELMET (191/200)
  • ARMOR (191/200)
  • VISOR (56/56)
  • EMBLEM (181/254)
  • STANCE (18/18)
  • ASSASSINATION (22/22)
  • WEAPON SKIN (53/53)

Wow, have you been buying packs? We have like the same playtime.

Ramirez

Who can't utilize a SR? That doesn't make it any less of a frustrating weapon that is far too prevalent on every map it's on. Empire SH is nades & SR's for days, it's fucking terrible.

Top Bottom