• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BradC00

i'm starting to think CLG was told to lose some games.

their careless communication is the tell.

na, if that got out, it would be the final steak
kappa
in Halo and Xbox. I mean that's a scandal involving a 1 million dollar grand prize...that's like congressional level.

BraXzy

i'm starting to think CLG was told to lose some games.

their careless communication is the tell.

3d530431a119cd410c6ef70e88a4fd33.png

CLG are always pretty calm as far as communication goes.

So I was over at Waypoint and I saw a thread about how the Storm Rifle should be nerfed. The majority of the posts said the SR is fine…

Anna-Kendrick-WTF-Confused-Reaction-Gif.gif

Most of the posts were pretty bad though. “Git Gud!” “Stay at range!” “Shotgun beats it close and BR beats it long, so it’s balanced!” This player base really is clueless.

Storm Rifle is fine. I don't think we have any overpowered weapons that need a nerf, although I would happily change the CE Pistol to being projectile and made into the starting weapon for Doubles.

Fuchsdh

So I was over at Waypoint and I saw a thread about how the Storm Rifle should be nerfed. The majority of the posts said the SR is fine…

Anna-Kendrick-WTF-Confused-Reaction-Gif.gif

Most of the posts were pretty bad though. “Git Gud!” “Stay at range!” “Shotgun beats it close and BR beats it long, so it’s balanced!” This player base really is clueless.

I don't see an issue with the Storm rifle either. You have to lead shots and the thing overheats like no one's business. If anything, the issue is more the fact that it's treated as a per-team pickup alongside SMGs and other automatics instead of being something to contest that seems like a weak point.

I don't see an issue with the Storm rifle either. You have to lead shots and the thing overheats like no one's business. If anything, the issue is more the fact that it's treated as a per-team pickup alongside SMGs and other automatics instead of being something to contest that seems like a weak point.

Forerunner was probably one of Them who called for a BR nerf in Halo 3.

Nah, H3 sucked so I didn't play it that much. Ok, maybe not sucked, but it's one of my least favorite multiplayer wise.

I would also be up to the idea of just increasing the respawn time of it or just decreasing the amount of them on the map.

Yeah, in a vacuum the SR is fine, it's just tiered incorrectly. Should be made a little rarer than the SMG. It's less than a power weapon, but definitely more than most of the rest of the sandbox.

belushy

Banned
Yeah I think they will overview weapon/objective/grenade/spawn placements in the offseason. Hopefully they do something like live gametype testing were they pretty much "force" the pros to play the new gametypes for testing but its streamed for live feedback from fans as well maybe? Hoping to see Assault and Oddball added to the mix.

In the future I will do what I did this time and just copy-paste the link to the first result I got that was correct because who gives a shit.

So... You'll continue to link to the shit wiki.

Gotcha.

On topic: So to get that req pack or whatever do you just have to watch the finals via the XLEi app?

mo60

My team could have lost this match if I did not boot the teammate that was betraying me and my other two teammates a lot before he got booted from the match.
Screenshot-Original.png

And I won this one team slayer match by a significant amount despite not playing with a full team and playing against one player ranked as a platinum 3 on the enemy team when I was still a bronze 5.
Screenshot-Original.png

Also I went on a big enough winning streak today to move from bronze to silver in team slayer.

Damn those semis were good to watch, I had my son and misses watching and I have to say my misses is switched on for following games of Halo. Halo eSports you've come a long way baby. A huge congrats to all involved. Also Naded making the final! I'm definitely in his corner to take the win.

Chittagong

Gold Member
My team could have lost this match if I did not boot the teammate that was betraying me and my other two teammates a lot before he got booted from the match.

And I won this one team slayer match by a significant amount despite not playing with a full team and playing against one player ranked as a platinum 3 on the enemy team when I was still a bronze 5.

Also I went on a big enough winning streak today to move from bronze to silver in team slayer.

Lol, his gamer tag is ibetrayyou2014? Surely he can't be around for long, you should report him. Don't understand his motivation though, he seems to be a good enough player to get to a nearly 2 KD *while* betraying you. Weird.

Well, welcome to the joys of solo leveling. You won't believe what happens when you approach platinum!

- in each game, you will be stuck with one or two team mates who have played under 10 games and will 2K 16D your team down
- this means that the top two players will have to do +15 for you to win
- on top of this, you'll start to be matched against people teaming up who are high golds and mid plats, with personal maxes of diamonds
- so, in addition to carrying one or two muppets, you are fighting higher skilled, coordinated teams
- if that doesn't happen, watch someone quit the moment your team starts with a 0-6 loss (totally recoverable). Good news is that 3-on-4 is workable, often.

Happened to me all night after I got one win away from platinum. The MM is pretty broken like that. My only chance to getting to plat is trying to play when people teaming up wouldn't.

(your pics are not showing btw, delete the junk after .png and they will)

Storm Rifle is fine. I don't think we have any overpowered weapons that need a nerf, although I would happily change the CE Pistol to being projectile and made into the starting weapon for Doubles.

I agree, the overall weapon balance is good. Storm Rifle is a good weapon close by, but so is SMG. If anything, I'd take a few hits of the Gravity Hammer, it could run out faster.

You guys think I can just tune in for one minute to the stream to get the free HWC pack? I can't watch the finals because they chose an awful time for Europeans (0:00-2:00am) and I have class tomorrow.

IHaveIce

Banned
I told everyone about Denial.
They need their coach to show up because of the lack of him they were bad online.

Still salty about Renegades blowing it, everything else was awesome and I'm already excited for season 2.
I hope we get season 2 news today

Akai__

You guys think I can just tune in for one minute to the stream to get the free HWC pack? I can't watch the finals because they chose an awful time for Europeans (0:00-2:00am) and I have class tomorrow.

They said "tune in to find out how to unlock it", so we can't say for sure if that will work. Hope it's like that, because my friends also have to work early the next day and they actually care for the Helmet and for the Emblem.

I told everyone about Denial.
They need their coach to show up because of the lack of him they were bad online.

Still salty about Renegades blowing it, everything else was awesome and I'm already excited for season 2.
I hope we get season 2 news today

I see Denial either dropping Devon and picking up somebody else or (unfortunately) splitting up completely and being picked up by top teams. There is a coupple teams that I want to see grow together (like Denial, Allegiance and Renegades). The aftermath will be fun/sad to follow with all the team changes and drama after the Worlds.

Also, a wishlist for Season 2:

- Make a deal with Activision/MLG for Chris Puckett being a Caster
- More LAN/Offline events with crowds.
- Add a Losers bracket. No more Single Elimination crap.
- Get new partners, because of these constant audio/video issues
- Bo7 upwards in Quarterfinals stages
- Did I mention Chris Puckett being a caster?
- Drop those Silver tier Casters
- Communicate even more with Pro Players
- Test different map and gametype settings like Assault, Oddball and even KotH

OneUh8

I hope it is just a Xbox code? How else would they do it? I have a friends birthday dinner tonight and I have to leave around the time the finals are supposed to start. I might not catch it. Hopefully if it is just a code someone will post it up so I can redeem through my phone. :).

Chittagong

Gold Member
I hope it is just a Xbox code? How else would they do it? I have a friends birthday dinner tonight and I have to leave around the time the finals are supposed to start. I might not catch it. Hopefully if it is just a code someone will post it up so I can redeem through my phone. :).

I'd hope it's simply logging into MP today. Anything else would be unnecessarily burdensome

I've gotta say for being the finals of HWC this is very very underwhelming.

There's just no feeling of it being a 2.5 mil competition.

Hopefully they learn for next time.

The one bright light is Walshy, he is by far the best and most enthuastic of casters. Halo needs more people like this.

Strider

I'm just sad we aren't getting a full day of halo... 1 series today.

one series

Man they need to make future tournaments double elim.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Iirc bravo said something along the lines of the armor not necessarily being tied to watching the event. I got the impression it would be signing up on waypoint or something. Keep an eye out here.

Yeah it's pretty lame it's just one game today. I'm only really logging in to get the HWC pack lol. I honestly don't care who wins, I'm not really a huge fan of either team.

Strider

Yeah it's pretty lame it's just one game today. I'm only really logging in to get the HWC pack lol. I honestly don't care who wins, I'm not really a huge fan of either team.

Yea I don't really care about the game that much either unfortunately. I'll watch hoping for some great games but these are my 2 least favorite teams.

I am excited for the FireFight reveal so I'll wanna catch that. Think we might be getting some details on the pro league following HWC as well.

We'll start seeing plenty of roster changes soon too I'm sure. Exciting times ahead.

Top Bottom