• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

EYEL1NER

Has anyone had some cool streaks or positive experiences using the Prophet's Bane? I don't imagine I'll ever be able to part with the sole req I have for it but I really want to. I don't have the best luck wi swords so far.

Thanks to everyone that came out to watch tonight.

For Dice and/or anyone else that wants to watch, the rebroadcast is available as well:

https://www.twitch.tv/yourexwife/v/59469636

I was playing Warzone using only Common/Uncommon REQs and no long-scoped weapons. The only exceptions were weapons I found on the ground from enemies/AI. Perhaps you can glean some strats or ideas about how to approach things from my self-imposed noob-level REQs situation :)

EDIT: LOL go to 26:44 to hear me shit my pants due to weather.

Has anyone had some cool streaks or positive experiences using the Prophet's Bane? I don't imagine I'll ever be able to part with the sole req I have for it but I really want to. I don't have the best luck wi swords so far.

I have not burned my card but I picked one up and wrecked like crazy. Always camo is the best.

Edit: Also reached level 90 today. So much Halo.

I just had a teammate go 3-5 on a full length game on Coliseum. He had 583 damage total…

After first he got the Scattershot and just crouched walked around for a few minutes and didn’t kill anyone. He died ofc. Finally around 8 minutes in the game he gets a kill. He also had zero assists.

He was a Diamond 4

Also I love playing against the same premade multiple times in a row.

singhr1

Special Halo Livestream next week before the Firefight beta launches:

In addition, next week on Tuesday, April 12th at 3pm Pacific, we’ll be showcasing the world premiere of live Warzone Firefight in a special episode of the Halo Livestream, and we hope you’ll tune in to check it out.

Work begins in earnest on Montage today, will be very community focused. I will also say if anyone has more clips they want to send, keep sending them. I make no promises.

Also, am I mad? I thought infection was here?

It's amazing how well Deadlock plays with pistols starts. Nice to be able to move around the map without constantly getting pinged all the time and the vehicles are actually useful.

Akai__

Normally we would start in an hour, but I'm stuck at work and won't be able to make it. Somebody take over, if they want to.

Sorry everyone.

Normally we would start in an hour, but I'm stuck at work and won't be able to make it. Somebody take over, if they want to.

Sorry everyone.

Warzone Saturday will now be replaced with Torque Customs Saturday. We'll be playing Torque all day long, it's what Akai would have wanted.

I grinded out four silver packs last night. 17 to go! Goal is to have it below 10 by Monday. We'll see if i can work that in with my work schedule this weekend.

EDIT:
Warzone Saturday will now be replaced with Torque Customs Saturday. We'll be playing Torque all day long, it's what Akai would have wanted.
lol

BraXzy

Work begins in earnest on Montage today, will be very community focused. I will also say if anyone has more clips they want to send, keep sending them. I make no promises.

Also, am I mad? I thought infection was here?

What're we even paying you for?! Whadya mean we don't pay you? Oh.

When you say community focuses, you obviously mean just reels of my prowess on the battlefield right?

Because they want the BTB fans to suffer eternally for not choosing to play Warzone instead

image.php

Where's this from?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-looking-glassed

jem0208

Is that an oxymoron?
Heh, it is.
Its kind of hard to get used to it at the beginning, but is a very nice small map that has some verticality to it, it kind of remind me of Warlock for some reason, maybe because of its size.

I feel like it uses the small space fairly well though, lots of areas are enclosed but it doesn't feel like it's just a bunch of cramped corridors like Overgrowth.

On another note, multi team is a lot of fun, however I had to do some serious carrying to win this game.

Screenshot-Original.png

It went pretty damn well considering it was my first game in a week, kinda annoying that I got dumped with the two worst players in the entire match though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
He was super active just around launch and then I saw nothing of him, where did he go? Or does he just stream at odd times?

"i haven't shot anyone in halo in like a month"

i havent seen him either.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hehe, like all of us.

Is it not his "career" so to speak? Or has he been streaming other games? I liked watching him when I saw him way back when.

i follow him and like you havent seen him on forever. could be timing, but i'm on twitch fairly often. guess just not streaming/playing.

guy gets shit on running the flag - "his sandwich is so. soggy."

"this is what i call chocolate"

"is that a burrito!? it is! triple"

"you gotta finish the kill, you have to milk the cow"

"we have 3 games left! what is life? ... baby please dont hurt me"

i love this guy. so random, entertaining.

Wow these new Warzone assault spawns have made the game type so much worse. I don't even know why they were switched up in the first place. It was fine as it was. Now I'm spawning halfway across the map into teams of five enemies and being killed instantly. Just awful.

Wow these new Warzone assault spawns have made the game type so much worse. I don't even know why they were switched up in the first place. It was fine as it was. Now I'm spawning halfway across the map into teams of five enemies and being killed instantly. Just awful.
That is the strange part. I don't think or feel like the spawns were all that bad before. Now the game will randomly spawn you on the other side of the map with a 60 second run back to the action.

Strider

Just go to reddit and search for Assault spawn traps and I'm sure you'll find many threads/videos on why it was changed. Can't comment on how the new spawns are because Assault is a terrible game mode and I rarely play it... But the spawns were disastrous and absolutely needed to be changed.

Ramirez

So is there another halogaf spartan company?

I'm getting ready to thin the herd today, gonna go through all 100 members and see if everyone's still playing.

If you'd like to get in, just send a request, but please list your GAF name so I know who it is.

Just go to reddit and search for Assault spawn traps and I'm sure you'll find many threads/videos on why it was changed. Can't comment on how the new spawns are because Assault is a terrible game mode and I rarely play it... But the spawns were disastrous and absolutely needed to be changed.
I was fortunate in never having to deal with being spawn trapped in any of my games. I don't really mind the spawns being reworked, but it would be nice if the game was better about knowing when to actually spawn players away from the action. Right now it seems to do it on a whim, even when it's not necessary. That's my only issue.

I was fortunate in never having to deal with being spawn trapped in any of my games. I don't really mind the spawns being reworked, but it would be nice if the game was better about knowing when to actually spawn players away from the action. Right now it seems to do it on a whim, even when it's not necessary. That's my only issue.
Yeah, in the 100 hours of Warzone Assault I've played, I was only caught in a spawn trap once. That's not hardly often enough to create worse spawns for everyone all the time.

BraXzy

I'm getting ready to thin the herd today, gonna go through all 100 members and see if everyone's still playing.

If you'd like to get in, just send a request, but please list your GAF name so I know who it is.

I've placed this month #SafeForNow

We have a lot of unplaced folks this month. Get your names in so you don't miss out on the Achilles Helmet in 2020 folks!

Haruko

I've placed this month #SafeForNow

We have a lot of unplaced folks this month. Get your names in so you don't miss out on the Achilles Helmet in 2020 folks!

I've only done Warzone/BTB/Multi Team so far in April, but I'll get around to runked play again soon

Sai

Is Warzone Saturday happening today?
Echoing this question, 'cause I need a party right now. Joined a match in progress on Stormbreak, and the opposing team had apparently just taken down Lochagos. Helped capture the Fortress, took down Warmik, and then we proceeded to take their Armory—core exposed.

Everybody else on that team became so focused on just shooting anything that moves in front of their Base at that point that we lost the Fortress. Then our Armory immediately after, and right around the time my team starts wising up to what's happening, the opposing team takes back their Armory—now our Core's exposed. All downhill from there... We did manage to capture both Armories for some time and maintain our lead, but then they overtook us when they killed Warden Eternal.

I hate griefers, even half-assed griefers, even if they're on my team.

Top Bottom