• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Ramirez

You want receipts look it up yourself lol my GT is in my profile

We went up 2-0 in flag. Roy got camo and Rail. Then we lost 3-2.

I died like 6 straight times to railgun lol

The Railgun is such an easy weapon, one of the few things I really dislike in the game.

Strider

I was watching that match! You guys were good

yea I saw afterwards hat he was streaming... We had a good start but once they got rail/camo it was doooone. we fell apart haaaard lol I choked a couple kills too FeelsBadMan but it happens

The Railgun is such an easy weapon, one of the few things I really dislike in the game.

Yep. I tell people that it's too strong but "it's a power weapon it's supposed to be strong" and so on. Gun is disgusting and should be a little harder to use or at least have less ammo. I get the feeling some people don't know they can fire it without charging it the entire duration.

pieface

When you use a legendary boost in a BTB game and you join a team that's massively losing with not much time left to go. Fuck you 343.

Akai__

The 1st person that ONLY quotes this part of my post, will get an early access code for Overwatch on Xbox One. GONE

The change from non-hitscan to hitscan was so dumb. I actually want to see stats similiar to the Spartan Laser ones they released. Kills must have gone up like crazy %-age wise. Fathom is a great map, but that Railgun kinda ruins it for me now.

No way people leave just because of the aiming, because of the skill gap and learning curve? Sure. They're just going to play CoD though, which has zero learning curve and a small skill gap. But they were always going to flock to that. As FUNKNOWN said, they were going to move on regardless.

People leave games for various reasons all the time and controls, which aiming is a part of, is also one of those reasons. It's not too far fetched to say that people are leaving because of controls.

Halo 5 is not exactly an easy game and when controls feel off, then I see why people are leaving the game. I'm all for additional options, like 343i added them, but a normal person doesn't know what to do with settings like Deadzones. If they wanted to fix the aiming system, they could have just added the Beta aiming back in or have toggles for previous Halo games. I'm pretty sure the average person would like that more.

Congrats. Check your PM's and have fun.

The 1st person that ONLY quotes this part of my post, will get an early access code for Overwatch on Xbox One.

me?

You do post on a Halo thread where people can get info on how to change Halo 5 advanced sensitivity. your original post is talking about real casual, which you don't seem to be.

Im not casual, im right in the middle. I tend to have a foot in both camps. Im somewhat hardcore but i also like simplicity and ease of use. Thats why a lot of the times, games that end up pleasing me in terms of quality, performance and whatnot, often times end up ultimately being games that tend to do well popularity wise. Because of that fact, i end up seeing things that often times only hardcore or only casual people wouldnt. To get the casual crowd you have to be able to put yourself in their shoes, same with hardcore. Most people are incapable of this. They only see their "hardcore" or casual mentality.

BraXzy

Show me the RECEIPTS!

eeb26005cc28d74417c41fc7eba40859.png

Receipts.bitmap

People leave games for various reasons all the time and controls, which aiming is a part of, is also one of those reasons. It's not too far fetched to say that people are leaving because of controls.

Halo 5 is not exactly an easy game and when controls feel off, then I see why people are leaving the game. I'm all for additional options, like 343i added them, but a normal person doesn't know what to do with settings like Deadzones. If they wanted to fix the aiming system, they could have just added the Beta aiming back in or have toggles for previous Halo games. I'm pretty sure the average person would like that more.
But the point is, the controls in Halo 5 are not so bad that they warrant returning or selling your copy of the game. And if you think so, that's fine, but then you can't say you really cared that much for Halo at that point. Maybe you once did, but not anymore.

If you care a lot about Halo, you don't sell the best Halo game we've received in a long time with a sustainment model that provides free DLC and is the best-functioning Halo game on the console.

Strider

The real story is you all got two caps wirh so few kills. That's efficiency.

Real shit we were dominating at first... but like I said they got Rail and then we choked it lol I played awful the 2nd half of that game

Yo this is still the best game of H5 I've played to date though:

7NzZCyx.png

Never Forget lol I gotta hold onto this one because of all the serious beatings I've taken in this game

daedalius

In this case you're seeing a problem that doesn't exist. Casuals will never notice or change it unless they really want to in which case they can look it up?

They might just think that the default controls are garbage and put it down really quickly, then we just accelerate the playerbase shrinking.

It took me way to long to get comfortable with controller settings, and I've been playing since H1. The complaint was never "there are too many options!", it was always "the defaults are garbage, and now I have to fiddle with settings forever to find something that feels ok"

I was pretty close to just putting the game down for a little while, then a bunch of people posted their settings in the thread and I tried a few and found one that made it sort of feel like old halo. That's not a good thing.

No way people leave just because of the aiming, because of the skill gap and learning curve? Sure. They're just going to play CoD though, which has zero learning curve and a small skill gap. But they were always going to flock to that. As FUNKNOWN said, they were going to move on regardless.

I definitely think they would, because I almost did.

But the point is, the controls in Halo 5 are not so bad that they warrant returning or selling your copy of the game. And if you think so, that's fine, but then you can't say you really cared that much for Halo at that point. Maybe you once did, but not anymore.

If you care a lot about Halo, you don't sell the best Halo game we've received in a long time with a sustainment model that provides free DLC and is the best-functioning Halo game on the console.

False

Who the hell sells things they care for? How can you argue that? lol

If you sell something, then you don't really care that much for it anymore. There may obviously be other reasons that led to that decision, but not caring about X thing as much anymore is most definitely a part of it. That's the last I'll say on this discussion until someone comes up with a compelling argument against that. You don't give away the things you care for, especially when they're of high quality, and that's the bottom line cuz Stone Cold said so.

lol

But we still haven't played together G0SU :(

Really have been wanting to party up with more of the regulars here but I usually just find myself logging on and queueing without searching for a group... I'm lazy yo
It would be different if the Spartan company tab actually showed members online and not just the ones on your friends list.

daedalius

Who the hell sells things they care for? How can you argue that? lol

If you sell something, then you don't really care that much for it anymore. There may obviously be other reasons that led to that decision, but not caring about X thing as much anymore is most definitely a part of it. That's the last I'll say on this discussion until someone comes up with a compelling argument against that. You don't give away the things you care for, especially when they're of high quality, and that's the bottom line cuz Stone Cold said so.

I guess I wasn't being specific about the "selling it" part, just the "not playing anymore" part

Even if I had stopped playing because I was pissed at the controls, I wouldn't have sold it. Although, I do regret buying two copies of it at this point to play with my wife.

I guess doubles would make sense. It's probably the next playlist after Super Fiesta.

Also I'm not touching ranked until at least tomorrow. The first day always drives me crazy.

Trup1aya

Just because someone cares about halo that should suffer through what they percieve to be bad controls? Perhaps they couldn't view it as the best Halo game they've had in long time, because the most important aspect of it, the shooting, simply didn't feel right.

What's with this idea that someone would put up with clear deficiencies simply because of affinity towards the franchise. The best thing they could do is send the message that the default controls were unsatisfactory. And they did that by quitting/selling the game. And the message has worked... Since we continue to get more options.

I love halo. But not enough to force myself to suffer through bad halo. That's why I didn't play much Reach or 4. For some people, the default controls make H5 a bad experience. It's as simple as that.

Caja 117

me?

Im not casual, im right in the middle. I tend to have a foot in both camps. Im somewhat hardcore but i also like simplicity and ease of use. Thats why a lot of the times, games that end up pleasing me in terms of quality, performance and whatnot, often times end up ultimately being games that tend to do well popularity wise. Because of that fact, i end up seeing things that often times only hardcore or only casual people wouldnt. To get the casual crowd you have to be able to put yourself in their shoes, same with hardcore. Most people are incapable of this. They only see their "hardcore" or casual mentality.
You are either Casual or you are not, You cant be a Casual Halo Player and Hardcore Halo player (or not very Hardcore) at the same time, You were talking about Casuals in your post, hence you expectation and how you feel doesn't mirror those players that are casual. The fact that you are trying to put yourself in an identified spectrum of gaming to say you know better than others is just funny.

daedalius

You are either Casual or you are not, You cant be a Casual Halo Player and Hardcore Halo player (or not very Hardcore) at the same time, You were talking about Casuals in your post, hence you expectation and how you feel doesn't mirror those players that are casual. The fact that you are trying to put yourself in an identified spectrum of gaming to say you know better than others is just funny.

What does this even mean?

So are you saying that people that aren't Onyx can't critique the controls of what might be one of their favorite shooters?

Caja 117

What does this even mean?

So are you saying that people that aren't Onyx can't critique the controls of what might be one of their favorite shooters?

Whaaaat? How did you even came up from that conclusion from what I posted, where did I even mentioned Rank in my post?...wait what? Where Am I talking about Diamonds (like myself) not having any say on the Aiming of Halo 5 ???

Its not black and white. There are different levels to that. You can be very much into video games or movies without being as hardcore or casual as the guy next to you. Just like some hardcore or casual fans will dress up as their favorite characters and some will not. And believe it or not, there is also a middle ground. Its all about at what "level" youre at. The fact that you think that there are only 2 (casual or not), shows me that im wasting my time even trying to explain it.

Caja 117

Its not black and white. There are different levels to that. You can be very much into video games or movies without being as hardcore or casual as the guy next to you. Just like some hardcore or casual fans will dress up as their favorite characters and some will not. And believe it or not, there is also a middle. Its all about at what "level" youre at. The fact that you think that there are only 2 (casual or not), shows me that im wasting my time even trying to explain it.

No, point is that you are creating a type of gamer to say you know better than others, You are creating a Bar of how much casual you are or How Hardcore you are, but that's is irrelevant at the end, You will have casuals and you will have hardcore: You will have players that will pick up Halo and play it until the next CoD or whatever next game is in line, players that will come and go because they are not invested in the franchise or have any attachment to the series, and you will have player that are very invested in the franchise in such a way they tend to give the extra mile when it comes to the game, how they express this is up to each person, but they are still Hardcore.

So you either are a Casual in Halo or You are not. And The fact that You are debating back and forth with someone you don't even known in a forum of gaming enthusiast that requires Private ISP email and a waiting period to be accepted or declined is strong indicator that You really are not casual.

daedalius

Whaaaat? How did you even came up from that conclusion from what I posted, where did I even mentioned Rank in my post?...wait what? Where Am I talking about Diamonds (like myself) not having any say on the Aiming of Halo 5 ???

You broke it down to black and white, casual and hardcore. I was just wondering where the "hardcore" point was at where you are able to critique. I just picked Onyx because reasons.

Reading your reasoning sounds like english isn't your first language, so its fine if you didn't particularly get my meaning.

Top Bottom