• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

It just needs more clips like this:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/backflip10019/video/17263478

This hat trick was for you, G0SU.

NICE!!!

Some very good Sniping SKILLS.

But you still lost to me in that one game
emoticon-2867-src-f02f9d40f66f0840-28x28.png

Fuchsdh

These have the same design problems as some of the more recent Halo armour. Waay too much detail for details sake, all completely lost in a sea of 1 colour. No contrast. Nothing to stand out. Only the helmets look okay, and that's because they're largely faithful to the originals.

I don't think I ever really understood that they were running around with lip molds on their helmets. This is making me realize the Power Rangers were even more stupid than I realized.

Strider

I really want Halo 6 to have features straight copied from Overwatch lol

-Play of the game (Show me the sick multi-kills)
-Vote for MVP

Assault games going into OT and still ending 0-0 is so painful man....

CTF > Strongholds > Slayer > Assault
I really want a Gears 4 Dodgeball-esque gametype for Halo, and it might be interesting if they combine that concept with Assault. It would be a drastic change for Assault, for sure, but then that would allow them to bring back Ricochet as the "score several goals at your enemy's base to win" mode.

Speaking of Ricochet, where the hell is it? Why have we not seen that or OB in a playlist yet? Again, poor playlist management is what's killing Halo multiplayer. We need a server browser in combination with matchmaking, yesterday.

How does that work?

Idk what Ricochet is either. Halo 5 is the first Halo I've put a significant chunk of time into online.

Both teams start at 4v4 (5v5 in Gears' case). After a player dies, they enter a queue. The next time a teammate kills an enemy, that queued player respawns (after a few seconds have passed; it's not instant). You win the round when the enemy team is completely eliminated.

For instance, it's 4v4. Red kills a Blue. 4v3. Blue kills a red. 3v3. A few seconds pass, and it's 3v4. Blue gets two kills. 1v4. That one Red kills a Blue. 2v3.

Then it goes on and on until one team has completely eliminated the other.

jem0208

How does that work?

Idk what Ricochet is either. Halo 5 is the first Halo I've put a significant chunk of time into online.

Ricochet is Assault except you can throw and catch the ball, the arm time is instant and you don't actually need to hold the ball in the zone to score. You can throw the ball into the zone and score but you gain more points if you walk it in.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
shiiiit, just got the drop on and beat down on someone rocking nornfang. with 9 shots. only to have the match end literally a few seconds later. i only got one kill with it during the victory screen :(

Ricochet is Assault except you can throw and catch the ball, the arm time is instant and you don't actually need to hold the ball in the zone to score. You can throw the ball into the zone and score but you gain more points if you walk it in.

woah, this sounds 10x better than assault!

i've played all the halo games online [even halo: CE on xbconnect &/or xbkai], but never ventured outside of team slayer or btb on previous titles.

i'm 100% team arena with halo 5, but assault really makes me want to tear my eyes out sometimes.

the real dream [for me], is a straight CTF / Strongholds playlist... mmm, i can just taste it.

tasted sew gewd

Guys... halo has its teeth in me. Im looking at overwatch and all I'm thinking about is getting my dailies for halo 5.......

Guys. Help.

the only thing, the absolute ONLY. THING. that could tear me away from halo 5 would be titanfall 2.

so i'm safe...

for now

op_ivy

between dirt rally and halo, i think i'm covered with gaming for quite some time. havent loved two games this much literally ever.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
between dirt rally and halo, i think i'm covered with gaming for quite some time. havent loved two games this much literally ever.

Yeah, Halo has monopolized a lot of my gaming since getting back into it. Still need to finish Tomb Raider, the Witcher, and buy Quantum Break.

op_ivy

yeah, i'll replay quantum break... but lord knows when. one of my most anticipated games, mirror's edge, i hardly touched. spent perhaps 15 min in the beta total. doom is out soon too and i cant imagine that will take me away from these two titles.

blamite

Just saw this pointed out on Tumblr:

MOUQvmU.png

weird pointless inconsistency in the fake Reach-style undersuits on the new Noble Tea armor. Another case of armor getting outsourced to other studios when it really has no reason to be, causing things to clash with each other for no reason, or what?

(obviously this is an incredibly minor thing and it's kind of pointless tocare toomuch about in the broader scope of things, but still.)

Floating pieces on a black undersuit zzzzz

I want the armor to feel like I'm stepping into a full body suit of armor, not putting knee pads and shin guards on separately, etc.

jem0208

If they added ricochet it'd have to be a social playlist.

The amount of rage which would occur on team beyond if ricochet was added to team arena would be rather hilarious.

Didn't you know? Halo football soccer spin off incoming.
Halo Sports Mix featuring:
  • Grunt Basketball
  • Brute Soccer
  • Elite Crossbow Training
  • Spartan Cheerleading
  • Jackal Water Polo
  • etc.
Alternatively, Halo Kart.

..or a Halo hero shooter that goes further down the Reach route, but instead of custom loadouts, you pick characters.

If they added ricochet it'd have to be a social playlist.

The amount of rage which would occur on team beyond if ricochet was added to team arena would be rather hilarious.

It's beyond my comprehension how devs still push territory based games over assault or flag. Drives me nuts. Almost all the highly weighted objective games in Halo these days are basically a form of territories. At least ricochet mixed that with assault.

I miss you stealth objective runs and 1-sided OBJ. Come back to me.

Last night on Ozzy's wild adventures with Halo matchmaking...I decided to play the Overwatch beta...and...my connection, chat and partying up with 2 other mates was near perfect with zero latency issues noticeable in game. Surprise surprise. A fucking Blizzard beta on day one does what Azure/MS/343 still can't get right for Australia through H4 and H5. I hate to be a cunt but it's so warranted at this point it's not even funny.

• Fast matching, check.
  • Australian matches, check.
  • No party chat break up, check.
  • Near zero latency impact in game, check.
  • Zero UI bugs or game loading issues, check.
  • Fast loading in game menus and customisations, check.
  • No profile errors or playlists with high latency, check.

*feel free to contact/use me to remote profile your Victorian/NSW Azure DCs.

**If it's literally no one in Australia plays Halo anymore just come out and say so 343. At least I'd know it's not a tech issue, fuck send me a PM under NDA.

***Did you upgrade the NextDC with ExpressRoute to reduce VIC/NSW DC latency last FEB2015? Are there any tech talks or docs regarding H5/Azure/Australia implementation?

JackHerer

How am I supposed to keep my eleet skillz up now that I have received my Vive? Before it was just: "DS3 or Halo 5?" and I always made sure to put in a hour or two at least to H5 each day if I could, since I know from experiences that if I take breaks it takes forever to get back to where I was (like, a full day of warmup).

Now I have to choose between 2D (HALO!!) and VR? Terrible problem to have I know.

Top Bottom