• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider

Pleeeeeaaaaase.

If all of you scrubs completed your individual assassination commendations we'd be good on that already.

Get on my level noobs and do your part. I did miiiiiine.
1v1 me Hydra only on Torque if ya got beef

Pleeeeeaaaaase.

If all of you scrubs completed your individual assassination commendations we'd be good on that already.

Get on my level noobs and do your part. I did miiiiiine.
1v1 me Hydra only on Torque if ya got beef

The only one I haven't finished yet is kill an enemy Spartan that is clambering. Still need 26 more, such an odd commendation.

Strider

Get at me doods

83drLJr.png

So are they going to give us more color options for the armor now?

Those ground textures tho lol. .

We already have armors with locked-in colorations (e.g. permanent yellow stripes on a Foehammer variant), so I have to imagine Jun's uses baked-in color settings for the scarf and sniper ammo brace thing and then primary for upper body, which gradates into secondary on the lower body.

We already have armors with locked-in colorations (e.g. permanent yellow stripes on a Foehammer variant), so I have to imagine Jun's uses baked-in color settings for the scarf and sniper ammo brace thing and then primary for upper body, which gradates into secondary on the lower body.

Ah okay. I just seen the armor a differnt color than the legs and thought there was something else in the pipeline for us. lol

:(

I'm hoping its a gun and not a turret. So you can't drop it and you can fire from first person.

Yeah, given Jorge lugged it around with no penalties to movement or turning speed, I think having a first-person turret weapon would give it enough of a unique edge over the other turrets to actually be viable.

5 may have some really bad looking armors, but now that they added Reach they have a nice selection of good armors as well. Now if only Mk V alpha didn't look like a turd.

I think it's the oversaturation of re-used armor/helm that is the issue.

Here is an example: Helmet - Athlon

4d911a02-fd56-4669-8a8f-ef35a743ef8d

e9afc01a-5633-4f35-8f50-a4b79f087ea8

9479f974-a5a6-4c76-8b99-b16228f575a3

31716049-4c18-4f15-be05-05cc26b2ffc4

b3d04cf4-96f3-448c-bed3-e82b8f9f594d

050c54bd-09cf-4639-a3c8-987ca599864e

Out of all the 214 helmets available, these alone count for 6 of them. This practice is used across multiple types of helmets.

I would have hoped to have an unlock process per helm/armor instead of them being another tick off the checklist out of the pool of Reqs.

IDK though, haven't thought about the implications or anything.

It's not the same without the robotic arm. I wonder why they didn't do it.

Reach's situation was more modular in that it was giving you the ability to use multiple torso "builds" (e.g. added bandoliers, robo-arms, etc. and not just armor) while Halo 5 exclusively sticks to helmets and armor for variations with no modifications made to the undersuit. Giving the Air Assault suit a robot arm would require a completely new undersuit thing to be made, which hasn't been done with virtually any of the other armor sets.

Out of all the 214 helmets available, these alone count for 6 of them. This practice is used across multiple types of helmets.

I would have hoped to have an unlock process per helm/armor instead of them being another tick off the checklist out of the pool of Reqs.

Athlon's the only one with that many variations, and nearly all of them are commons to begin with.

It's certainly a problem. It wouldn't be a big deal if you could actually make out the lines/patterns. If you're more than 5 feet away from the spartan, the lines just look like washed out blobs or are otherwise jaggy.

Tawpgun

Req oversaturation is p bad. Armors that are just re skins (not even any interesting ones)

Visors that look the same.

The vehicle skins...

Req oversaturation is p bad. Armors that are just re skins (not even any interesting ones)

The vehicle skins...

If REQs return in Halo 6 i hope they change that up a bit. And please get rid of ugly helmets like scanner, recluse, legionnaire, defender,
Whatever the fuck this thing is:
2a9ee07e-9b68-40b4-aad1-3aa7aaf870c1

etc...

BraXzy

The vehicle skins...

I get that they need to make buying REQs enticing, so make the pool bigger and bigger but it sure doesn't make for a satisfying reward system a lot of the time. I don't think I've opened many packs and actually been excited about what I unlocked.

Hopefully if it carries on to H6 it gets worked on.

Fuchsdh

I thought I was losing my mind.

Looks more like Crysis got hit with a rainbow than anything Halo.

If REQs return in Halo 6 i hope they change that up a bit. And please get rid of ugly helmets like scanner, recluse, legionnaire, defender,

etc...

Decimator looks much better from other angles, although in general I find the visor indentations to be way too baroque (Reach started it, though.)

Probably one of my favorite helmets though looks horrifying from the side and back (Viper) so I can't bring myself to wear it. One day ODST and/or Mk IV will be mine and I'll be happy tho.

I think the coolest part about these armors is their unique Thrusting animations. Hope some parts open and close when your thrusting/sprinting/groundpounding.

BraXzy

I think the coolest part about these armors is their unique Thrusting animations. Hope some parts open and close when your thrusting/sprinting/groundpounding.

The thrusters on certain sets are awesome and really make the sets. The anubis thrusters are awesome and really lock the look in. One of the first things that I unlocked at launch and stuck with for a long ass time.

The thrusters on certain sets are awesome and really make the sets. The anubis thrusters are awesome and really lock the look in. One of the first things that I unlocked at launch and stuck with for a long ass time.

I didn't notice it until i was waiting to respawn watching teammates sprint and etc. It was a nice touch of detail for sure. I think some amor legs have little thrusts on the feet and others dont.

Operation: GASPING RING (eww)
Starring Jun, Fata1moose, FATstronaut and mastrbiggy.

The team is advancing on an ADVENT train car that has some precious cargo on it. Jun sets up some overwatch while the GAF team sets up on a nearby overpass. Fata1moose provides cover for FATs, who ends up getting shot and smacked with a stun baton. Jun murders three people in cold blood with his laserbeam eyes. Other than FATs, everyone comes out unscathed. FATs is gravely injured and will be in the medbay for some 20 days or so.
Fata1!!! How are you just going to sit there and let me get bodied?? smh

Nowise10

etc...

Oh god why couldn't they have include the actual Noble 6 helmet in the update

Top Bottom