• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

In other news, halo apparently thinks I belong in gold in team arena. That's fine, it allows me to get away with things like this reversal and get a 3-5 k/d every game.

Also, lol'd at "Funknown's buddy Zoso Achilles." Played maybe three games with him. Man agrees with man supporting his argument, shocking stuff.

In other news, halo apparently thinks I belong in gold in team arena. That's fine, it allows me to get away with things like this reversal and get a 3-5 k/d every game.

Also, lol'd at "Funknown's buddy Zoso Achilles." Played maybe three games with him. Man agrees with man supporting his argument, shocking stuff.

Lol damn. Just handing you kills. Wow. Three reversals in a row. Except the announcer didn't think so at the end.

Trup1aya

Your unclear prose (which definitely seems to be an issue in this discussion, as this isn't the only instance where you've had to clarify something that should have been simple to say the first time) very much implied that you were essentially equating the two. Having one statement follow the other in a non-dilineating fashion with no way to know you were making a comparison or simply adding to your list of things you don't enjoy is not my fault.

Just like it wasn't Zoso's fault when his response to the whole 4+6=10 convo was in reply to your actual words on screen, not the thoughts that happened to be in your head.

If you can't deal with folks replying to what your words actually say, you might need to slow down or do something because you're not doing any favors.

You took it to mean that. What I was actually implying is that I don't find exploiting poor design at the expense of bad players to be enjoyable. The Farming issue and 1HK Spartan kills are both examples of that. I can understand why you THOUGHT I was accusing you of farming, but that wasn't what I was saying. I hope that's clear now.

Context is often lost when communicating through text.

I CAN deal with people misunderstand my points what makes you think I can't? I simply clarify, then continue on.

Regarding the whole 4+6 thing, the Reqs I cited don't cost 10. So his point is ridiculous. as is his analogy comparing the strength of an ONI warhog to a need for 1HK speedboosts.

I can understand why you THOUGHT I was accusing you of farming, but that wasn't what I was saying. I hope that's clear now.

Context is lost when communicating through text.

I CAN deal with people misunderstand my points without issue. what makes you think I can't? I simply clarify, then move on.

Regarding the whole 4+6 thing, the Reqs I cited don't cost 10. So his point is ridiculous. as is his analogy comparing the strength of an ONI warhog to a need for 1HK speedboosts.
Motherfucker, your scenario called for 2 speed boosts and 2 plasma pistols. That's 10 REQ points. Why are we still on this? Don't argue the fucking math for adding 4 REQs together. You made your point for why you feel the speed boost change is justified, and that's fine, but 2+2+3+3 really does equal 10.

Trup1aya

Motherfucker, your scenario called for 2 speed boosts and 2 plasma pistols. That's 10 REQ points. Why are we still on this? Don't argue the fucking math for adding 4 REQs together. You made your point for why you feel the speed boost change is justified, and that's fine, but 2+2+3+3 really does equal 10.

Wow. You mad?

2+2+3+3 really does equal 10. No disagreement there... But 2+2=4

If you encounter a pair equiped with a Speedboost, a plasma pistol and a set of BR's. Your ONI warthog might be outta luck.

No my scenario called for 1 person to have a speed boost and the other to have a plasma pistol. They each have BRs. These 2 people work together to take out a warthog...

It's 4 req ...

Mother fucker...

you're forgetting to carry the rock paper scissors with a margin of cheeseburger gun

Wow. You mad?

No my scenario called for 1 person to have a speed boost and the other to have a plasma pistol. They each have BRs. These 2 people work together to take out a warthog...

It's 4 req ...

Mother fucker...

I apologize. Your vague wording made it seem each was equipped with a plasma pistol and speed boost. But you are still wrong, in that case. It's 5 REQ points. Plasma pistol cost 3, which I figured you would have caught on to after at least 4 posts.

If you have a plasma pistol and a partner, what does the speed boost accomplish? You can emp the hog and team shoot the gunner.

Plasma pistol (REQ 3) combats ONI hog (REQ 3). Wow! It's like the point I've been making!

Wow. You mad?

2+2+3+3 really does equal 10. No disagreement there... But 2+2=4

It's 4 req ...

Mother fucker...

2+2=5

Trup1aya

I apologize. Your vague wording made it seem each was equipped with a plasma pistol and speed boost. But you are still wrong, in that case. It's 5 REQ points. Plasma pistol cost 3, which I figured you would have caught on to after at least 4 posts.

If you have a plasma pistol and a partner, what does the speed boost accomplish? You can emp the hog and team shoot the gunner.

Plasma pistol (REQ 3) combats ONI hog (REQ 3). Wow! It's like the point I've been making!

Ok, I was wrong on the cost of the PP. I thought the price was dropped when several other items had their prices lowered. Shows how much I use them...

Anyway,

Let's try this again. You asked:

Speed boost is req level 2, 3 for the long duration. That means to be useful, it has to compete with other reqs at those level. Tell me, after the upcoming change, will speed boost compete with the ONI Warthog? Speed boost will go back to instant sell, or only used when screwing around to stack 4 times.

The short answer is, the Speedboost doesn't compete directly with the warthog before or after the change.

I feel like the question is inherently flawed because we're talking a bout speed boost enabled 1HK Spartan charges... Even if this wasn't being cut from the game, a speed boost user would still be at a disadvantage if he encounters a ONI Hog with a gunner.

But I entertained the idea anyway.

So if a lone Spartan with a speed boost encounters a ONI Hog with a gunner, he's probably out of luck. But if he ALSO has backup, and that backup has a PP, the odds turn in the other direction.

The point is, all of the items within a certain req level don't have to directly compete with each other.

Notice, none of the lvl 3 items, except the PP, actually improve ones odds against an Oni Warthog.

Trup1aya

I'm lost, why does Speed Boost have anything to do with ONI Warthog?

For some reason, Zoso argues that the 1HK Spartan Charges need to stay, so that the Speedboost could compete with the ONI Warthog. He feels this direct competition is neccisary since they are both req lvl 3... He feels this way, Despite the fact that the 1HK Spartan charges really don't improve ones odds against an ONI Warthog.

Wait. You want speed boosts to be req 3? Cause they're 2 right now.

There is a req 3 variant too.

Compete with as in compete for your REQ points against the other options at that level. The point I have been trying to make is why choose speed boost over any of the level 2-3 REQs. That's it. The Spartan charge change make it desirable, the change back makes it not.

Sorry you imagined some stupid battle between a speed boost and an ONI hog. My bad.

BraXzy

Happy Mother Fuckers Day yall

You're two months late :O

d36ee9f9355384929c3562630351bf24.png

Trup1aya

Compete with as in compete for your REQ points against the other options at that level. The point I have been trying to make is why choose speed boost over any of the level 2-3 REQs. That's it. The Spartan charge change make it desirable, the change back makes it not.

Sorry you imagined some stupid battle between a speed boost and an ONI hog. My bad.

Fuck. Ok then. I just need to take my ass to bed.

To answer THAT question, I'd use the req 2/3 Speedboost over a other Reqs, including an ONI warhog because 1)I can't rely on randoms gunner/driver abilities when I solo Q 2) I mainly stick with the BR and Speedboosts ease the task of out BRing people 3) shotguns and swords are extremely situational 4) and I'd prefer to stick with my Loadout weapons than to ever equip a base needler, because ammo is in abundance.

Of course this varies situationally... I will on occasion summon all of these (except the base needler)

What else is lvl 3?

To answer THAT question, I'd use the req 2/3 Speedboost over a other Reqs, including an ONI warhog because 1)I can't rely on randoms gunner/driver abilities when I solo Q 2) I mainly stick with the BR and Speedboosts ease the task of out BRing people 3) shotguns and swords are extremely situational 4) and I'd prefer to stick with my Loadout weapons than to ever equip a base needler, because ammo is in abundance.

Of course this varies situationally... I will on occasion summon all of these (except the base needler)

What else is lvl 3
That's fine, everyone has a different play style. Although I've never seen someone say a speed boost helps them shoot, but good on you for finding a use. Personally, I'll probably never use a speed boost again.

Trup1aya

That's fine, everyone has a different play style. Although I've never seen someone say a speed boost helps them shoot, but good on you for finding a use. Personally, I'll probably never use a speed boost again.

It doesn't help me shoot, it just gives me a godly strafe, and a quick reload/weapon switch

The AA, bullet magnetism helps me shoot.

It doesn't help me shoot, it just gives me a godly strafe, and a quick reload/weapon switch

The AA, bullet magnetism helps me shoot.
Aim, shoot, whatever. Hard to aim when moving fast.

In other news, I may end up adding everyone from the Spartan company so that fucking tab actually has a purpose.

TCKaos

New episode soon.

p7fKbi3.png

EDIT: I'm tired and the video still has 20 minutes to upload. If you're subbed to me or atleast know what my channel is then you'll get the video when it goes up.

If you are talking about the quality of the banner then this is a low res version of the final version but thanks for the feedback

Yeah, the banner. It's the green. I get that you're going for a "radioactive glow" sort of look, but the neon green gradient is kinda 90s/early aughts :p

mo60

Susposedly the game can freeze/lag in a warzone/warzone assault match when people are constantly shooting a wall with a gungoose.

daedalius

What else is lvl 3?

Reqs are dumb

Removing the greatest Grenade Launcher in video games next to Goldeneye 64 was dumb.

Then not bringing it back when the opportunity was prime was dumb.

And if it doesn't return in Halo 6 that will be dumb.

Top Bottom