• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Ryde3

Haven't tried many game modes with changes in Summer Arena - but I'll say that Strongholds on Plaza is SO different now haha.

jem0208

Last two games in a row I've had quitters on my team.

First was a Coliseum slayer were two of my team mates quit within 2 minutes.

Second was a Rig Strongholds where one quit after about 30 seconds.

These placement matches are going so well...

AND ANOTHER FUCKING ONE. We're up 35 to 0 on Plaza strongholds and someone on my team quits

Last two games in a row I've had quitters on my team.

First was a Coliseum slayer were two of my team mates quit within 2 minutes.

Second was a Rig Strongholds where one quit after about 30 seconds.

These placement matches are going so well...

I lost 7/10 primarily due to lag and quitters. It's really disheartening.

Also, do we know how many REQ points we'll need to buy out the Silver tiers of the new updates? Did I see somewhere that it was 40k?

Also, HOW IS ODDBALL NOT IN THE GAME YET.

It was probably one of my favorite gametypes ever. It baffles me that they put Assault in before Oddball.

Zeta Oni

So what's everyone here on HaloGAF expecting from E3 in terms of Halo announcements?

Besides Wars 2 gameplay, of course.

If we are talking dreams, I'm hoping we get some SP DLC for 5, possibly following the Arbiter and a group of elites done in an ODST style. Next, this is another one reaching for the stars but, maybe split screen support patched in?

More realistically I'd like them to announce a new warzone mode, a year of monthly DLC, and maybe a MCC 2.0.

Edit: Also, matchmaking for campaign would be nice at some point.

BE EXCITED

giphy.gif

link1201

I would really really like a Spartan Ops type addition. They can call it what ever they want but I'd love to see a fully fleshed out episodic co-op series. It was poorly executed in Halo 4 but I think it'd be a great addition, if done right and without all the lag issues.

Strider

I think at E3 they'll announce continued support for the rest of 2016 in the same way we're getting updates now...They will reveal the upcoming update at that time.

I think they are very serious about continuing to support this game longterm while they continue the attempt to grow Halo eSports.

I don't think Firefight is the last major update at all.

Maybe this is just me dreaming

link1201

I think at E3 they'll announce continued support for the rest of 2016 in the same way we're getting updates now...They will reveal the upcoming update at that time.

I think they are very serious about continuing to support this game longterm while they continue the attempt to grow Halo eSports.

I'd agree with this. I think it'd be silly to just cut it off especially considering how well the req system seems to work.

jem0208

I think this it's fairly likely that we'll get continued support throughout 2016 and hopefully 2017.

I'm not sure we'll get updates as big as Firefight though.

Regarding E3, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a very vague trailer for H6. I'm not expecting much, something along the lines of the H5 trailer or the Halo Reach reveal.

Fuchsdh

I think this it's fairly likely that we'll get continued support throughout 2016 and hopefully 2017.

I'm not sure we'll get updates as big as Firefight though.

Regarding E3, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a very vague trailer for H6. I'm not expecting much, something along the lines of the H5 trailer or the Halo Reach reveal.

Feel like our Halo news should be mostly focused on Halo Wars 2. That thing is coming out fairly soon and we've heard next to nothing about it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So what's everyone here on HaloGAF expecting from E3 in terms of Halo announcements?

Besides Wars 2 gameplay, of course.

If we are talking dreams, I'm hoping we get some SP DLC for 5, possibly following the Arbiter and a group of elites done in an ODST style. Next, this is another one reaching for the stars but, maybe split screen support patched in?

More realistically I'd like them to announce a new warzone mode, a year of monthly DLC, and maybe a MCC 2.0.

Edit: Also, matchmaking for campaign would be nice at some point.

Would love some SP dlc or a new side story game, but with HW2 coming out I doubt that will happen.

jem0208

Feel like our Halo news should be mostly focused on Halo Wars 2. That thing is coming out fairly soon and we've heard next to nothing about it.

I think it'll be something like the 2009 E3 showing where they had a lengthy ODST demo followed by that really short Halo Reach teaser.

That or they'll tease whatever Halo title we'll be getting in 2017.

Akai__

I do wonder if the "Going forward, you will never see a Halo game coming out without a beta." line that was dropped by Bonnie Ross also refers to non-mainline Halo games, like Halo Wars 2.

I’m not really expecting much at E3. Probably just them talking about continuing support for H5. I mean they would be unwise to stop now. REQs are pretty much a gold mine, the monthly updates will stop, but that could be a good thing. It seems like they were always rushing them, so future updates could be meatier since they don’t really have a deadline to meet.

Also MCC coming to PC!
About as likely as BTB pistol starts.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Almost feels like H6 needs to come out sooner than later story wise. If it doesn't come out to say 2018, that is a long time to leave the lore hanging in that state.

BraXzy

I’m not really expecting much at E3. Probably just them talking about continuing support for H5. I mean they would be unwise to stop now. REQs are pretty much a gold mine, the monthly updates will stop, but that could be a good thing. It seems like they were always rushing them, so future updates could be meatier since they don’t really have a deadline to meet.

Also MCC coming to PC!
About as likely as BTB pistol starts.

I'd take meatier quarterly updates over lackluster monthly ones.

Zeta Oni

Would love some SP dlc or a new side story game, but with HW2 coming out I doubt that will happen.

Does wars and the mainline series have enough crossover in terms of playerbase that that would be an actual concern?

Maybe, I wouldn't bet on it tho.

Personally I play both, but switch depending on what I'm feeling an itch for, since the genres are so different.

I could see them doing a side story game for 2017, cause I don't think we will be seeing anything of 6 until next years E3, and there's probably gonna be a 2017 halo title of some sort.

testsession-20150514-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 14, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

So there are a handful of maps that the community has been working on and this is our chance to get some more playtest data. The three maps shown in the banner are the three maps I will be focusing on for this session, but more can and possibly will be played. For the three focus maps, I will be running 3-4 matches on them. The first will be Slayer, just to get people oriented with the maps. The remaining gametypes will be chosen by the map author(whom I will be contacting tomorrow[5/10]).

condemnedalpha.png
The first map is Condemned Alpha by JDHarbs. It's a remake of Condemned from Halo Reach. There are only a few differences from the original version but the most notable is the interior room no longer having decreased gravity.

ethereal.png
The second is Ethereal 1.1 by Sikamikanico. It's an original design with architecture loosely inspired by Halo CE. It uses long sightlines and unique angles to provide a different spin on Halo 5's gameplay.

intercession.png
The third is Intercession Bravo by Karl2177. It's a remake of a Forge map that he made in Halo 4 with some slight modifications for Halo 5's faster gameplay. It uses a variety of jumps that can give skilled players advantages.

So there are going to be anywhere from 5-7 slots available for you guys. I just ask that you respond to this post if you are planning on attending. There will also be alternate slots in case there are no shows. I will reserve 2 slots for the map authors so that way they can bookmark the film themselves, but if they decline the spot will open up. These spots are on a first come first serve basis.

1. Karl2177
2. [Sikamikanico]
3. [JDHarbs]

Alternates
13+.

Quoting this because you guys should definitely come and play. :)

I'd take meatier quarterly updates over lackluster monthly ones.

^co-sign.

My Halo E3 Guess:
At e3 they showcase some Halo Wars 2 cinematic and follow up with Gameplay. At the end, they transition to Halo 5 Guardians and talk about MP. The success, the feedback, the future. They talk about HCS 2017 championship and then finally detail their plans to continue to support the MP with Free updates. Once bonnie leaves the stage, a trailer is shown detailing the next upcoming update for Halo 5 Guardians that will release in October. At the verrry end of this trailer, we get a short cinematic of Cortana talking to herself, while on the Halo Ring. kind of where the lengendary h5 ending is left at.

I agree they wont be monthly anymore as majority of the team will shift onto their next project. There will be lesser people involved to create, manage and ship content for MP so the frequency will absolutely change, imo.

Just gimmie that refreshing Halo 5 content and i'll never let go. :p

Trup1aya

Announcement of more Free MP content, maybe even a surprise drop of new maps

Some SP DLC

Firefight release date and many of our suggestions for improvement being implemented.

Those new Xbox live tournament feature mentioned at the build conference gets implemented

HCS team skins for purchase, and a RP gambling system.

Some free weekends or a halo 5 trial so that people who haven't seen the light can get a taste and boost the population.

Halo Wars 2.0 footage

When I was a Caster in the Halo World Championship LATAM finals I talked with Frank about the future of the games and the franchise for example E3, Halo Wars 2 future games etc as a Halo fan since the day the franchise was born (11/15/01) I'm very excited about the future of Halo

P.S If you are reading this Frank I wish you and your team the best luck and success at E3

Almost feels like H6 needs to come out sooner than later story wise. If it doesn't come out to say 2018, that is a long time to leave the lore hanging in that state.
I just want it to come out sooner because this storyline is absolute shit. Let's get it over with as fast as possible so we can move on to a new trilogy.

Fuchsdh

What time is the stream, and will the audio suck?

I wonder if the issue is they don't have a dedicated setup for streaming and recording. Which they really should, especially at the new digs. God knows everything will start breaking immediately if you have to reassemble configurations.

I do wonder if the "Going forward, you will never see a Halo game coming out without a beta." line that was dropped by Bonnie Ross also refers to non-mainline Halo games, like Halo Wars 2.

Good question. Obviously games like SC2 have betas, dunno if they'd do it for HW2 or not.

I wonder if the issue is they don't have a dedicated setup for streaming and recording. Which they really should, especially at the new digs. God knows everything will start breaking immediately if you have to reassemble configurations.

Good question. Obviously games like SC2 have betas, dunno if they'd do it for HW2 or not.

Didnt they say the new place they moved to had a dedicated streaming studio? I'd hope they had all of their stuff in check.

Ade

As much as I'd like to get my hopes up, E3 will be Halo Wars 2 and some kind of pseudo goty edition of H5 where they make a big deal of the previous content updates and unlock by default all non legendary reqs

They are master of presentation though. Anything less than excellent wouldn't be allowed :p

Guess bungie had a lot of time to have a good stream set up when they didn't have to worry about taking the time to implement a proper story to their game.

And in 343i defense their streams keep us awake and active with the constant audio going on the fritz. It's half the fun guessing what will go wrong in every new stream.

Karl2177

~ 4 hours. Maybe.
Hopefully I'll be back to my hotel in enough time to catch the good stuff. Knowing how the streams have been before, I'll get back and they'll be playing Grifball out some shit like that.

Also I'll update the Forge test list when I get back.

For the past couple of livestreams I was wondering if Jay had ever even played a Halo game. He just called it the Brute Plasma Pistol without any shame.

Trup1aya

Stasis actually looks like it plays 100x better than Torque... It also has some Bugie Halo-esque sightlines..

Still seems a bit too big though.

Top Bottom