• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider

Yea. Got the pack with the Phaetons and I'm unlocking the new reqs as well.

Edit: I got some of the new stuff lol Still not completely safe

Nowise10

Yea. Got the pack with the Phaetons and I'm unlocking the new reqs as well.

Edit: I got some of the new stuff lol Still not completely safe

Only the silver item reqs have been updated for me. Spent like 60K on golds and didn't get any new items, and its not letting me open my Memories of Reach req pack, so i'm assuming I don't have the gold items updated yet.

Only the silver item reqs have been updated for me. Spent like 60K on golds and didn't get any new items, and its not letting me open my Memories of Reach req pack, so i'm assuming I don't have the gold items updated yet.

Did the new REQs even go live yet? You might've jumped the gun...

Tomash

Got 2 Phaeton Helios out of update pack, but couldn't get certification for it out of Gold packs. Also didn't get Brute Plasma Rifle variants. I got 6000 points back, no Helios, Sorrow, and Scale cert.

BPR variants are now completely gone from REQ collection.

Ryde3

Medals screen looks great!

But wait - can someone explain the aiming changes? I like how my game works right now what should I expect to be different?

Welfare

I got the fucking Noble Valor helmet and Armor in my pack.

No fair!

No fucking way. My first silver glitched and only gave me one perma.

link1201

But wait - can someone explain the aiming changes? I like how my game works right now what should I expect to be different?
Shouldn't be different. They just added more options if you want to use them.

(Even More) Advanced Controller Settings

The sandbox team has been hard at work to seamlessly integrate more advanced controls options into Halo 5, and if you currently like your sensitivity setting, you need not read any further. However, if you’re curious about toying with some advanced control, do read on. Here’s David Pashute with more details.

DAVID PASHUTE, SENIOR SANDBOX ENGINEER:

New to the Memories of Reach release is an advanced controller option to adjust the horizontal and vertical look sensitivities independently. Pressing "A" on the look sensitivity setting will cause it to expand and show the two new fields just below: Horizontal and Vertical Look sensitivity.

The first thing you might notice here is that the two new settings do not appear to match numerically. Don’t be alarmed, there is nothing wrong and nothing has changed. Your current settings will be exactly the same as before the update, it just reflects the under-the-hood adjustments that we made to the ratios for Halo 5 in order to accommodate a number of factors, e.g. a reduction in aim assist and an increase in verticality.

One interesting thing to note is that if you do make these settings match numerically then you’ll have the look sensitivity ratio of previous Halo titles.

If you change the new settings to a ratio combination that does not match the defaults we created for launch, then the main look sensitivity setting will be displayed as ‘Custom’:

You can always get back to these default ratios by simply adjusting the main look sensitivity setting again. Changing that will automatically update the horizontal and vertical settings together.

Last but not least, we’ve also added half step values for horizontal and vertical sensitivity. These are only available via the new settings and allow for even finer adjustments. If you couldn’t previously decide whether you were a 3 or a 4, you can now use half step adjustments on horizontal and vertical sensitivity to change your sensitivity to 3.5.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/control-freak

I will wait on reports before fucking my aim Kappa.

And don't buy Req packs before they say it's safe. Otherwise you will jusy spend useless RP

Caja 117

I saw one of the changes said something about the value of Silvers and Gold REQ packs? what does this mean? they cost more now?

Akai__

I saw one of the changes said something about the value of Silvers and Gold REQ packs? what does this mean? they cost more now?

Nope, same price but more value. 1st and 2nd slot will always give permaments and no more Emblems. Emblems have now a chance of appearing in the 3rd slot.

jem0208

Holy shit yes, they finally added an in game progress bar for ranks.

That said it looks bugged at the moment, says I'm ranking up when I lose.

Strider

Yea like Link said. If you like it the way it is pre-update continue like nothing changed :)

They just gave those of us that wanted them even more options.

----------

Focused MM preference seems good so far :) The real test will be at my usual playtime when the NA population will be much lower but so far I'm happy with it.

Also first impression of Stassis is that it seems really good. Need to play it more obv to get a real feel but it seems they addressed all of the major complaints with Torque... Nice clean sightlines, map is a little shorter, You have mobility options everywhere on the map, lighting is better, etc. I played slayer but really hoping I get to play CTF on it soon.

Plus it's a snow map so bonus points there....

Strider

I swear there's this random number on the post-game screen and it's bothering me lol gonna upload a pic

Edit:
screenshot-original4qwsn4.png

What does the 2 mean? every single player in the game had a 2 there on the after action report. I was just going through looking at all the new stuff and I couldn't make sense of it.

Caja 117

Nope, same price but more value. 1st and 2nd slot will always give permaments and no more Emblems. Emblems have now a chance of appearing in the 3rd slot.

Thank You

Holy shit yes, they finally added an in game progress bar for ranks.

So Sexy!

I know a bunch of the stuff added should had been something that the game came from the box, but every update feels like a gift in Christmas.

I wonder if Halo 6 will have all of these small updates from the box.

singhr1

I got the Noble armor variant set too.

Infection is fucking fantastic, especially the forger maps. The sound design, lighting, and atmosphere are incredible. Well done forgers and 343.

However, there is a JiP glitch where I got joined in as a zombie but I was friendly to Spartans so I couldn't kill anyone.

EDIT: Forerunner beat me to it.

Backwoods is a really cool looking map!

I really hope we get a season 2 of sorts for this game because this game has such vast potential. As of now its one of the best Halos for MP but it has some key flaws obviously. If they can keep at it they can really make this game amazing.

Strider

lag free games so far today doods using Focused MM.

goodjob.gif

I think I may have settled in on 3 sens for both vertical and hotizontal with 1 acceleration.

I was 4 sens 3 aceleration pre-patch fwiw. Gonna keep messing around though.

Strider

it's just a MoR update pack. mine had 2 boosts and 2 limited use reqs.

I'm sure like everything else Req wise it'll roll out to everyone over time.

lag free games so far today doods using Focused MM.

goodjob.gif

I think I may have settled in on 3 sens for both vertical and hotizontal with 1 acceleration.

I was 4 sens 3 aceleration pre-patch fwiw. Gonna keep messing around though.

don't worry Strider.

I'll figure out the GOAT settings of allllll time. The land of Oh will be pleased.

EYEL1NER

Just got the MoR pack, played another round of Infection (placed fourth, better than tenth in the first game I played). Got the Noble Valor armor, Noble Valor helm, a Brute Plasma Rifle, and two boosts.
EDIT: Ooooooo, bought a silver right after and got the Lord of the Fries pistol skin and Sword Wraith license. Nice.

EYEL1NER

That's weird. It appeared for me right after I finished my first game of the day which was Infection

Edit: Nvm
It appeared immediately after my second infection game, but maybe I needed to wait a bit. After that first game, I just got the spinning circle on the REQ screen when I went to see my updated balance and maybe buy a silver pack, so maybe the REQ servers had a temp hiccup or something.
Patch is bigger than I expected. Download quicker pls!
It was smaller than I expected. I'm not sure how long it took though because I set it to download right before I went to pick my daughter up from school.

Top Bottom