• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I'd actually like to see an official ricochet playlist in H5. Never got to play it in H4. Because H4 blew.

honestly it became my favorite gametype.

ricochet on haven. i adored that. throwing the ball across the map for an alley oop then having the other team try the same thing, grab it out of the air and run it in myself....memories.

We have come to an agreement in HaloGaf that there should be an action sack playlist.

It will rotate gametypes like Arena but heavily favor the wacky ones

Super Fiesta
Multi team slayer
Assault
Ctf
Infection
Griffball
Snipers
+more in the halo world that are yet im halo 5.

Please rotate arena and btb maps in this playlist as the hail mary of all playlists.

I know im just saying a very basic description, but you get the idea. Othera can probably provide a better breakdown of how this playlist could work.

Fuchsdh

Arena
Slayer
SWAT
BTB
Breakout
Doubles
Action Sack
Rotating Weekly playlist (maybe have two at a time, staggered on alternate weeks?)

Warzone
Warzone Assault
Warzone Firefight

Arena just needs more objective game types, Breakout gets its own playlist despite its population just because it wouldn't fit well in any other niche, unless they just turned it into Arena Breakout (still sad that got removed from Arena.)

lol i love looking at everyones playlist suggestions. it shows how fucked 343 is either way.

EVERYONE has a different playlist they want included.

NOKYARD

I mean its hard to judge their decision without the data, for all we know griffball is the least played right now

It's hilarious reading the Reddit threads, because it perfectly explains why they're rotating playlists. "I want Fiesta all the time! Grifball all the time! Infection! Doubles! Social Slayer! Kitchen Sink!"

Playlist bloat is an issue they have to be mindful of, especially since there's the hard Arena/Warzone divide that didn't exist before.

Honestly id be fine with them rotating all the social playlists out often. Look at any reddit thread whenever they rotate anything.

A constant rotation just lets everyone be happy.

I discussed this at length during the 'Grifball' part of my visit to 343i.

My suggestion was to have 2 rotational playlists.

The first would follow Halo 3's highly successful DXP weekend format and rotate Action Sack, Infection, Grifball, Race, Ricochet, etc.as weekend (now weekly) playlists. The most popular of which would have dedicated weeks (Third week of the month is Grifball) with the others sharing the 4th and rare 5th weeks of the month. The 3 week downtime allows each game type to be refined, and have Forge maps rotated in and out with each iteration.

Game variants like this see a higher population when there is a pent up excitement for their eventual return. The Halo 3 DXP weekends would see tens of thousands of Grifball players, while the Halo Reach regular Grifball playlist would see around 225 at any time.

The second rotational weekly playlist would be a Forge showcase featuring candidate maps for the regular playlists, with mini-games/Action Sack candidates tossed in on rare occasions. They kind of do that now but it would help forgers if there was a clearly defined schedule so they can plan their builds well ahead of time, rather than rushing builds like we see now.

lol i love looking at everyones playlist suggestions. it shows how fucked 343 is either way.

EVERYONE has a different playlist they want included.

Which is why you have a playlist with multiple game types.

The first would follow Halo 3's highly successful DXP weekend format and rotate Action Sack, Infection, Grifball, Race, Ricochet, etc.as weekend (now weekly) playlists. The most popular of which would have dedicated weeks (Third week of the month is Grifball) with the others sharing the 4th and rare 5th weeks of the month. The 3 week downtime allows each game type to be refined, and have Forge maps rotated in and out with each iteration.

Game variants like this see a higher population when there is a pent up excitement for their eventual return. The Halo 3 DXP weekends would see tens of thousands of Grifball players, while the Halo Reach regular Grifball playlist would see around 225 at any time.

The second rotational weekly playlist would be a Forge showcase featuring candidate maps for the regular playlists, with mini-games/Action Sack candidates tossed in on rare occasions. They kind of do that now but it would help forgers if there was a clearly defined schedule so they can plan their builds well ahead of time, rather than rushing builds like we see now.

Also this sounds great, so it probably won't happen.

Trup1aya

Great idea actually...

Ryde3

I just want Doubles, and a serviceable, constantly updated Forge Playlist.

...and 1 flag/bomb objective games!!!!!!!

NOKYARD

When can we have Assault in BTB? :(
I believe most of the BTB maps have been updated for Assault.

Which is why you have a playlist with multiple game types.

You can't mix games with different team sizes within a single playlist.

Also, not sure if you are referring to this but, you can't roll games like Infection and Grifball into a single playlist (outside of the stagnant Halo 3 Action Sack). Infection players want to ONLY play infection, Grifball players ONLY want to play Grifball. They dashboard if their game variant does not come up.

I believe most of the BTB maps have been updated for Assault.

You can't mix games with different team sizes within a single playlist.

Also, not sure if you are referring to this but, you can't roll games like Infection and Grifball into a single playlist (outside of the stagnant Halo 3 Action Sack). Infection players want to ONLY play infection, Grifball players ONLY want to play Grifball. They dashboard if their game variant does not come up.

I was referring to something more like Action Sack instead of rotating out playlist each time. In my view, it would make sense just to have a playlist like:

Shotty Snipers
Super Fiesta
Snipers
Rocket Rumble
etc.

All in one playlist instead of rotating them.

Arena
Slayer
Big team battle
Breakout
Swat
Action sack
Week long double xp gametype*

Thats it.

Bada bing, bada boom.

*gametype can be a new iteration for testing or a highlight of a particular gametype people like such as doubles or super fiesta. Stuff like that. Imagination is only the limit here.

Nowise10

It's hilarious reading the Reddit threads, because it perfectly explains why they're rotating playlists. "I want Fiesta all the time! Grifball all the time! Infection! Doubles! Social Slayer! Kitchen Sink!"

Playlist bloat is an issue they have to be mindful of, especially since there's the hard Arena/Warzone divide that didn't exist before.

You have to admit that core playlist like doubles/social slayer should always been in the game. Halo 5's matchmaking playlist still feels pretty barren to me in many regards on too much focus on competitiveness/not enough variety.
Arena
Slayer
SWAT
BTB
Breakout
Infection
Doubles
Action Sack
Rotating Weekly playlist (maybe have two at a time, staggered on alternate weeks?)

Warzone
Warzone Assault
Warzone Firefight

Fixed for ya.

This amount of playlist and variety would greatly satisfy me. Perfect.

Karl2177

Last update the reqs were available before the announced time if I remember correctly. I wonder why that was.
Bravo said on the stream that technically all the REQs are available at the time of download, it's just that they aren't quite propagated to all players. The time that they say the REQs are available is just the safe time that they would be available to everyone.

Bravo said on the stream that technically all the REQs are available at the time of download, it's just that they aren't quite propagated to all players. The time that they say the REQs are available is just the safe time that they would be available to everyone.

Oh that makes sense. So I can try anyway if I'm feeling lucky today.

Updating the game now and can't wait to play infection and to try out the new map. Though any word on when they will implement forge created maps on arena? It would help out by not over killing all the other maps and keep everything a little bit more fresh. They already done it with breakout and btb (push for pistol starts), so why not the actual popular playlist?

Welfare

The Gold and Silver REQ packs available in Halo 5: Guardians are also getting upgraded as part of the Memories of Reach release. As the amount of REQs in the pool increases with new Armor, Weapon Skins, Stances, and more, we wanted to give players more bang for their buck. In the case of Power Weapons REQs, we mean this quite literally.

The first two slots in the packs will still guarantee permanent items, but will no longer grant emblems. This means that your chance of getting other permanent REQs such as Power Weapon Certifications, Weapon Skins, Armors, Helmets, and others has substantially improved as long you haven’t already unlocked them. While the third slot in these REQ packs previously only granted one-time-use REQs, it now offers a large chance at dropping Emblems as well. Finally, in general, players should see that these REQ packs will award rarer single use REQs more often.

FINALLY.

BraXzy

That's a great idea, you mentioned that when you visited in house way back? Doubtful something like that will happen then :(

I definitely think the more defined weeks would be a good thing. In other games when you know an "event" is coming up, it builds a bit of hype and anticipation. When it's just a sudden, hey this week is shotty snipers. It's not as special.

Regardless, I hope they start utilizing the plethora of great Forge maps soon.

singhr1

Memories of Reach REQ packs include 3 new permanent REQs, if available, including armor or helmets based on the fallen heroes of Noble Team, a mythic weapon, and more, plus 12 ultra-rare or legendary single use REQs.

80k again im assuming?

Real happy to hear about the req pack changes. Sometimes it's the small things that makes these updates even better. Than and those forge updates are God teir and cannot wait to see all the new forge variants of infection.

Just now give me oddball,regicide, and ricochet and I will forever praise 343i (already do for putting up with people) for being the best at listening to the community. Pretty please with a cherry on top?

EYEL1NER

Wow, that is a really nice change to the REQ pack system. I never felt like I was opening up too many emblems in the beginning of the Bronze packs compared to weapons or other unlocks, but I'll still take it. Will make Silvers fly by a tiny bit faster now.

Top Bottom