• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider

I believe I solved my "2" mystery and also can show you guys the in-game rank progress... Gonna edit with a screenshot when it's up on XboxClips.

Edit:
4jKxm1x.png

So yea when you click on a player's name on the post-game screen this comes up... Under the current rank you can see a progress bar that shows how far you are to the next level.

For anyone Onyx/Champion there is always a 2 displayed at the end but no bar. I guess that's just a bug or some UI oversight since there is no 2nd tier of Onyx/Champion.

Akai__

Please share more impressions about the new Matchmaking Preferences. I only played Infection and BTB on "Balanced" today, but I need to know about "Focused" for modes like Slayer and Team Arena.

hahaha, why is a headshot considered a "rare" medal?

Feels like they didn't think this completely through. Killtrocity is a Legendary Medal, while Killtac is a Rare one. No Ultra Rare between those.

Doesn't matter too much, though. I'm just glad that the PGCR is finally back and it looks fantastic. Very clean and simple.

ooooohhh yeeeeeeaaaa. Because you use the longer analog sticks now or something? Man I thought I would love those but I was so so wrong

The longer stick? I can't play a game without them now =/... Though, I had it set up all wrong this whole time with Halo 5.

I had the long stick at 4 sens 2 accell... #FAIL

Recently changed it to 7 sense 5 accel - i feel way more in control than before. IDK if i will mess with the horizontal and vertical tbh. the issue is more aiming diagnally than anything.

Yeeeeeaaaa it looks really nice. I check it after every match.

Setting your horizontal and vertical sens to be the same should help with this... but of course you'll then have to find the right sens and acceleration levels all over again...

Can't wait to mess with it later today after work n gym. Try some infected and then hopefully MM into Stasis. Is it in Arena and Slayer?

The post game carnage makes me care about armor, icon, stance, weapon skins and all that again cuz I can finally see everyone elses with ease and they can see mine, the only thing missing is the same thing for pre game.

Officially my favorite update. PGCR with medals and new text font look great, aiming finally doesn't feel like ass, forge textures, infection a.k.a. the best chill I don't want to try gametype, REQ pack updates.

Is the loading screen tip that says "Get Campy" and starts with the phrase "Fazed by enemies?" new? Pretty clever.

Awesome.

Strider

Is the loading screen tip that says "Get Campy" and starts with the phrase "Fazed by enemies?" new? Pretty clever.

It's been there a while but it's pretty neat for sure.

There are a couple Snipedown references too such as "Watch your Face" and maybe a Ninja one...

So regarding the future of Halo 5. After June or July we can assume we are going to start seeing paid DLC maps?

There is absolutely no way they are going to do this. Player retention on 343 Reach and Halo 4 compared to this is night and day. They obviously see the value in not splitting up the player base and killing the population .

There is absolutely no way they are going to do this. Player retention on 343 Reach and Halo 4 compared to this is night and day. They obviously see the value in not splitting up the player base and killing the population .

But at the same time, theres really not enough warzone maps. How long are we supposed to wait?

GreyWind

That's good. I only asked because I thought they said around last E3 that the free content support lasted until June 2016

loving the improved UI and your rank showing up on the screen is a nice touch.

aaaaannnd I'm now in plat 2 thanks to losing my last three matches with shitty teammates and one quit out on me on the last.

good ol halo :D

jem0208

lag free games so far today doods using Focused MM.

goodjob.gif

I think I may have settled in on 3 sens for both vertical and hotizontal with 1 acceleration.

I was 4 sens 3 aceleration pre-patch fwiw. Gonna keep messing around though.
3 sense for both actually increases the delta between horizontal and vertical sensitivity.

By default horizontal is half the vertical sensitivity.

Focused preference, unranked team arena, match to4 champions, including #2. ok.

3 sense for both actually increases the delta between horizontal and vertical sensitivity.

By default horizontal is half the vertical sensitivity.

I still dont understand, yeah thats true but shouldnt 3 veritcal 3 horizon be identical?

UI update is great, glad CSR meter is back. Stasis seems like a nice competitive map as well.

Can you not place Jorge's Chaingun in Forge? Can't find it.

BraXzy

Let's see how infection holds up!

Matchmaking preferences seem to be doing a good job, I will hold out full impressions till I hear a cockney voice down the mic.

jg4xchamp

This game's ranking system never makes sense to me, I do so supremely shitty, but Platinum 1. What? That first month this game came out, I got into Gold and worked my way to Platinum was actually nice and steady for me. Every month though, I do my placement matches, and then I proceed to just get outclassed.

Top Bottom