• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Akai__

Halo 5: ODST

Believe!

My money is still on a Halo Wars 2 themed Halo 5 update. It's just makes sense, but maybe that's why I'm wrong.

This game's ranking system never makes sense to me, I do so supremely shitty, but Platinum 1. What? That first month this game came out, I got into Gold and worked my way to Platinum was actually nice and steady for me. Every month though, I do my placement matches, and then I proceed to just get outclassed.

The system tries to put you at a 50% W/L ratio. What does your statistic say? Maybe post your GT, so we can take a look at what you play and how well you do.

Also, I'd try the new "Focused" matchmaking preference.

I also decided to order the Halo Library Edition Volume 1 they showed on stream yesterday. It looks pretty snazzy!

28836.jpg

singhr1

Exploding AOE crawler damage is fun as hell in campaign. Many crawler packs are destroyed instantly because of one crawler's explosion. Going to be fun in firefight :)

My MoR promotional pack disappeared lol

The MoR pack is 120K RP or 15$

Yup. Yikes, too much grinding for that.

I also decided to order the Halo Library Edition Volume 1 they showed on stream yesterday. It looks pretty snazzy!

28836.jpg

$50 right? It looked pretty great on stream. Hmmm

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Oh really.... :)

EDIT: I'm really looking forward to that Encyclopedia thing they teased on Cannon Fodder back in October or whatever. Is that coming out this year?

Yeah the Mythos book. Can't wait for that. Would love to see a super technical encyclopedia like ones you see for Star Wars or Star Trek

EDIT: I can't get over how smooth this aiming feels now lol.

Halo 5 is ground zero for this franchise moving forward. They can't go back from here, Halo 6 has to be fully loaded day one.

BizzyBum

Halo 5 is ground zero for this franchise moving forward. They can't go back from here, Halo 6 has to be fully loaded day one.

What exactly did they do? I don't see it in the patch notes and nothing in the controller options added. Was it just something done internally that was rolled out to everyone?

Love infection and all of the maps, at first had a problem with Black Friday but the lever that unlocks a bunch of stuff really helps the infected with getting around. Though think at times they could do without some of the power weapons.

Whatever they did, it worked. I didn't even mess with my settings and everything felt great today. I don't know if it's the servers or what, but it feels really good.
Unless you changed the settings yourself, everything should still be the same. You're probably just experiencing good servers.
What exactly did they do? I don't see it in the patch notes and nothing in the controller options added. Was it just something done internally that was rolled out to everyone?
They added horizontal and vertical sensitivity settings. In previous Halo games these values were equal, but in Halo 5 the horizontal value is half that of vertical.

So if you're having aiming issues with Halo 5, I would 100% recommend making those values equal. Even if you can't exactly pinpoint where your issues are with Halo 5, it could be the different values throwing your aiming off.

My current settings:
  • 10 sensitivity (horizontal and vertical) -- I can finally play on 10 again, previously at 7 with 2 acceleration
  • 5 Acceleration
  • 0% Inner and Outer Dead Zones

Strider

Maaaaaan the QoL changes in this are just sooooo good. Servers actually feel great, aiming feels much better, etc. Best day of Halo I've had in a while...

Loomba

Won 5/5 tonight. Went 21-5 in the last one. Definitely feels a lot smoother all around.

Itching to play again tomorrow.

Oh and that new map Stasis is awesome, really nice.

I hope they just keep the graphics, models, animations, UI, modes, updates, weapons etc and just go balls out crazy with tons of maps and content and story. Seriously stop redeveloping everything and get it right at launch this time. It's been a long road with H4, MCC and H5.

jem0208

I hope they just keep the graphics, models, animations, UI, modes, updates, weapons etc and just go balls out crazy with tons of maps and content and story. Seriously stop redeveloping everything and get it right at launch this time. It's been a long road with H4, MCC and H5.

Imagine if we got every single H5 map as well as a whole new suite of dev made maps for Halo 6, that would be pretty awesome.

Wait did they not mean to show those brute plasma rifle variants? Guess we got a small thing of what's on the next update. But realized best way to win at infection if you are alpha zombie is to camp the popular places and get a couple kills off the bat. Other than that most times human have a good chance of winning all the time, gotta make the rounds 4 minutes instead of 3 or make zombies a little stronger.

Sweet crying baby jesus they release some buggy shit. This franchise. I'll bite my lip so I'm not an asshole here. Downloaded the update (4.2Gb) and then cold restarted, even unplugged the power cord after installing.

1. Booted from first game of infection, lost connection to game server error:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/7f39c09c-5b6d-4f5a-8fd7-ab2a90a2d805

2. REQs don't load, REQ service unavailable:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/6859c3ed-32f5-4e0d-9e20-f776e180fd99

3. Can't open the Memories Update Pack, REQ pack error:
Screenshot-Original.png

4. Wait 5mins and try again, same error, then wait 2 mins and get "pack already opened", but didn't receive any unlocks or new consumable REQ cards:
Screenshot-Original.png

UGH. Let me take a wild guess here. Potential server resources have been scaled back in various regions since launch and now you've hit a peak of downloads and population plus added REQ traffic so the whole thing is flakey.

Black Friday is a fucking terrible Infection map.

Worst one by far but only cause the power weapons, but at least the lever makes it to where you can travel through most of bottom cause all the bars are down, just since getting to top food court is really hard to do as a zombie. so top floor is hard to deal with no matter what.

Top Bottom