• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I want to play Halo, but I also want to play Stellaris. Why is life so hard?
chansub-global-emoticon-d570c4b3b8d8fc4d-24x18.png

What were the Brute Plasma variants? Also the Req system isnt working for me in Warzone now.

Can't say I remember but their tiers were rare and ultra rare. Forget what they did but probably similar stuff that the storm rifle does.
Probably wasn't their but wish they would have a varient that you could duel wield. That would be pretty sick.

Strider

Or just go ahead and move to silvers because it's lame as fuck bronze don't necessarily reward a cert and silver packs just got buffed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i just... i just can't get used to these map changes in team arena

i'm legitimately upset, they changed maps that played perfectly...

i just...

i just can't.

How long should I be buying bronze packs for? (Level 25 at the moment)

You'll get REQ point refunds (they looks like cards) when you've unlocked all the common items.

You can mix in Silvers if you want, but I'm not sure Silvers are comparatively efficient even with their recent buff.

On the plus side, i opened a Memories of Reach pack and got Emil's armor on my first attempt!

On the negative, the game keeps freezing after playing Infection and its trying to load the next map. Gets stuck at "deploying".

Madness

That memories of reach pack the preview one glitched on me. Said it could not be opened. When I clicked again it said this pack has already been opened.

The point was to freshen the game up by changing the meta.

yeah i figured as much.

i'm honestly just whingeing for the sake of whingeing here [so ignore me ;p ].

i just miss having my "flow" for each map, and i've been busy lately so i've no chance to re-establish it.

but yeah, it probably IS for the best to freshen things up for us every-day'ers, so we don't grow bored and drift away...

It's still quite goddamn miserable playing Arena without a full party, so there's that. Why is it so much to ask for a simple unranked 4v4 social Team Arena/Slayer playlist?

And BTB Pistol starts when???

also, this.

this seems like an incredibly easy fix.

perhaps they're afraid of people who team up quitting the game because of the inevitable increase to MM wait times?

also, get serious, who actually plays BTB in this game? WHO!?

It's still quite goddamn miserable playing Arena without a full party, so there's that. Why is it so much to ask for a simple unranked 4v4 social Team Arena/Slayer playlist?

And BTB Pistol starts when???

I hate to rain on our HCS/MLG parade but if they make another 4v4 playlist it should be 1-sided OBJ and slayer games on maps/gametypes of old Halo e.g. light vehicles and less hyper competitive close quarters on small maps only. There's a stark contrast between WZ and Arena in this regard. I'd hate to see another playlist cater to HCS, especially when this segment of Halo's core history is completely missing from H4 & H5.

Keep doing it until you get 500 REQ points in return then start with silvers

Or just go ahead and move to silvers because it's lame as fuck bronze don't necessarily reward a cert and silver packs just got buffed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You'll get REQ point refunds (they looks like cards) when you've unlocked all the common items.

You can mix in Silvers if you want, but I'm not sure Silvers are comparatively efficient even with their recent buff.

Appreciate it. BRB spending all of my points on mongooses and XP boosters.

Appreciate it. BRB spending all of my points on mongooses and XP boosters.

Also remember to be disciplined about selling stuff you don't like or use. There's a chrome extension for waypoint if you need to sell stuff off en masse, but I just sell it when I get it these days.

I hate to rain on our HCS/MLG parade but if they make another 4v4 playlist it should be 1-sided OBJ and slayer games on maps/gametypes of old Halo e.g. light vehicles and less hyper competitive close quarters on small maps only. There's a stark contrast between WZ and Arena in this regard. I'd hate to see another playlist cater to HCS, especially when this segment of Halo's core history is completely missing from H4 & H5.
I would gladly take 1-sided objective games or a randoms/mercenary playlist. Either one would be amazing to have in addition to the other playlists. I don't think a social unranked playlist is going to solve the issue of going up against full teams. Full teams will just go into the social playlist to mop the floor with randoms. Really need a solo playlist for random players like
me :(
Still this update is actually quite nice. Gotta love the forge textures and 343 better start flooding the slayer playlist with forge maps or I'm going to riot.

Also remember to be disciplined about selling stuff you don't like or use. There's a chrome extension for waypoint if you need to sell stuff off en masse, but I just sell it when I get it these days.

I try to sell things. I don't play war zone and I would rather play with the starting weapons than spawn in with a Rocket.

The extension is good but I wish I could use it to just sell all reqs.

Spawns on urban make the map un playable if the defense team pushes you back, which isn't hard if people camp very top of base. Warzone assault could of been a half decent invasion of the maps weren't rip off of the warzone ones and uses the same bases. Which are so easy to exploit in some way.

RIP 1-sided objective. Halo 3 High Ground was pretty awesome with any gametype. I just want a 4v4 social playlist on Arena/Forge maps with AR/Pistol starts, objective and slayer gametypes included.

blamite

Can the next update plzzzzzzz finally add an option to just completely disable in-game chat/at the very least fix the current muting bugs casued by hitting the guide button.

Welp, opened that free REQ pack 343i gave me.

It gave me Noble Armor. AGAIN.

Fun fact: Noble armor set was the first set I got out of that arena REQ pack set that came with the Limited/Legendary edition.

I feel soo ripped off. >=(

£11.99 for the new REQ pack? And only 3 permanents? Jesus, no thanks.
Yeah. When you consider the arena and wz bundles were double that, but also had 14 packs with each pack containing 3 guaranteed unlocks. so 42 guaranteed unlocks for 24 or 3 unlocks for 12... I just don't get excited about paying money for one time use reqs. Not worth it at all.

BraXzy

Yeah. When you consider the arena and wz bundles were double that, but also had 14 packs with each pack containing 3 guaranteed unlocks. so 42 guaranteed unlocks for 24 or 3 unlocks for 12... I just don't get excited about paying money for one time use reqs. Not worth it at all.

I spent £3 more for the new TW3 expansion with card decks :3

I'm starting (thankfully) to avoid microtransactions, as addicting as it is to open packs.

Overwatch loot boxes will get to me though no doubt.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i am the worst at infection lol. cant even make jumps with a zombie, miss sword kills constantly. i think its the movement speed and increase in jump height. this old dog cant adapt.

but still enjoying the mode, which is a first for me.

Glass

Played a bunch of Infection last night, definitely my new go to chill out mode along with Warsone Assault, love the set up with pick ups and limited ammo.

What's the consensus on Stasis? Away all weekend now please no kickerino

i am the worst at infection lol. cant even make jumps with a zombie, miss sword kills constantly. i think its the movement speed and increase in jump height. this old dog cant adapt.

but still enjoying the mode, which is a first for me.

Played a bunch of Infection last night, definitely my new go to chill out mode along with Warsone Assault, love the set up with pick ups and limited ammo.

What's the consensus on Stasis? Away all weekend now please no kickerino

Our leader is dead, so no problem.

Gold+Silver updates are solid, no more buying bronze packs for cheap boosts. R.I.P. railgun collection (512), if I didn't use 5 a game I would probably have 2k lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Set my aim sensitivities right and played first game in a while, sucked as expected from being out of practice but then the next game it just straight up crashed to dashboard after a minute. That's a first, and hopefully not a new regular occurrence.

Also if we can get these updated Arena maps into other lists (mandatory FFA is garbage post) and get radar to not show you if your just plain walking I will be 100% happy and a 343 stan for life.

Laws00

these infection maps on their own aren't that bad.

Too bad they aren't official/Esports built for Arena type of maps

Odd thing that I've noticed in infection since the object is used most but for whatever reason you can't clamber onto those large crates, am I losing my mind and is just bad at halo or can you not actually clamber on those objects?

Yeah this build is a bit buggy

Stuxk at deploying screen after a match is over when backing out of post screen carnage.

Hoping for a hotfix soon.

Btw our spartan company doesnt show in the post gamr carnage report now.

Top Bottom