• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

jem0208

I changed the aim to equal values and horizontal feels a lot faster then vertical. Is that normal?

Yes.

By default the horizontal sensitivity setting is half that of the vertical.

Which is really weird considering by default the horizontal aiming is already faster than vertical.

Yes.

By default the horizontal sensitivity setting is half that of the vertical.

Which is really weird considering by default the horizontal aiming is already faster than vertical.

I didn't get what you are trying to say.
If I put equal values on both axes, the sensitivity shouldn't be equal?

singhr1

Reposting this for tomorrow. It's approx. 28 hours away. We still need 3 plus more if people can't make it.

testsession-20150514-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 14, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

So there are a handful of maps that the community has been working on and this is our chance to get some more playtest data. The three maps shown in the banner are the three maps I will be focusing on for this session, but more can and possibly will be played. For the three focus maps, I will be running 3-4 matches on them. The first will be Slayer, just to get people oriented with the maps. The remaining gametypes will be chosen by the map author(whom I will be contacting tomorrow[5/10]).

condemnedalpha.png
The first map is Condemned Alpha by JDHarbs. It's a remake of Condemned from Halo Reach. There are only a few differences from the original version but the most notable is the interior room no longer having decreased gravity.

ethereal.png
The second is Ethereal 1.1 by Sikamikanico. It's an original design with architecture loosely inspired by Halo CE. It uses long sightlines and unique angles to provide a different spin on Halo 5's gameplay.

intercession.png
The third is Intercession Bravo by Karl2177. It's a remake of a Forge map that he made in Halo 4 with some slight modifications for Halo 5's faster gameplay. It uses a variety of jumps that can give skilled players advantages.

So there are going to be anywhere from 5-7 slots available for you guys. I just ask that you respond to this post if you are planning on attending. There will also be alternate slots in case there are no shows. I will reserve 2 slots for the map authors so that way they can bookmark the film themselves, but if they decline the spot will open up. These spots are on a first come first serve basis.

1. Karl2177
2. [Sikamikanico]
3. [JDHarbs]
4. Nokyard
5. Zeta Ori

Alternates
13+.

If you still need another, I could jump in :)

Doesn't sound to promising.

Lol they don't care. They have had our money.... And everybody else's that paid and quit because that is lacking. Matchmaking speed over all.

It also might be where im located and how close the servers are. Like for me, changing from balanced to focused might not change the connection quality. :( .. For someone else, it might be a huge change.

I wish i could have a 80ms or less server connection. lol

Reposting this for tomorrow. It's approx. 28 hours away. We still need 3 plus more if people can't make it.

So there are a handful of maps that the community has been working on and this is our chance to get some more playtest data. The three maps shown in the banner are the three maps I will be focusing on for this session, but more can and possibly will be played. For the three focus maps, I will be running 3-4 matches on them. The first will be Slayer, just to get people oriented with the maps. The remaining gametypes will be chosen by the map author(whom I will be contacting tomorrow[5/10]).

condemnedalpha.png
The first map is Condemned Alpha by JDHarbs. It's a remake of Condemned from Halo Reach. There are only a few differences from the original version but the most notable is the interior room no longer having decreased gravity.

ethereal.png
The second is Ethereal 1.1 by Sikamikanico. It's an original design with architecture loosely inspired by Halo CE. It uses long sightlines and unique angles to provide a different spin on Halo 5's gameplay.

intercession.png
The third is Intercession Bravo by Karl2177. It's a remake of a Forge map that he made in Halo 4 with some slight modifications for Halo 5's faster gameplay. It uses a variety of jumps that can give skilled players advantages.

So there are going to be anywhere from 5-7 slots available for you guys. I just ask that you respond to this post if you are planning on attending. There will also be alternate slots in case there are no shows. I will reserve 2 slots for the map authors so that way they can bookmark the film themselves, but if they decline the spot will open up. These spots are on a first come first serve basis.

1. Karl2177
2. [Sikamikanico]
3. [JDHarbs]
4. Nokyard
5. Zeta Ori

Alternates
13+.

If there's still a spot open I wouldn't mind joining up, if you need my GT just look on my profile.

like the new post game ui update. looks clean.

wish they had something like blops3.

Yeah it does. Just a few polishes here and there and it'll be golden.

Was the ability to move your spartan further away always in the game when customizing? It's a really slow movement but you can move your spartan out so you can see more of their legs lol maybe im LTTP

Do you an idea how I should put the values to look the same?

Yeah!

GIT GUD SCRUB

edit:
kind of off topic ish.
What do you guys think of WESA?(World Esports Association) i didnt' read too much into it, but it seems like it's beneficial for all esport players?? Seen the article on IGN - http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/13/why-the-wesa-is-the-best-thing-to-happen-to-esports

condemnedalpha.png

ethereal.png

intercession.png

1. Karl2177
2. [Sikamikanico]
3. [JDHarbs]
4. Nokyard
5. Zeta Ori

Alternates
13+.

I'm slightly delayed (kid has chicken pox, currently doing his dinner) but I should be along eventually. Feel free to leave my map until last!

OrangeOak

Datacenter selection or we RIOT!

They said after the beta that data center will be in the game. I am still a little mad at them that there is no such a thing in final game.
Playing in poland at night is so annoying. I love this game when it works but when I play with players from far away it really pisses me off.
Only reason why I don't play too much.

Strider

What's wrong with Torque, specifically? Dunno if I've played enough of it to have strong feelings.

Mainly that it's too long, lack of mobility options in some areas, and really poor lighting. Doesn't help that the initial weapon placements were terrible as well as the "randomly" moving objects...

They've made some changes which have helped like removing the big structure in the middle of the map but it's still not that good.

Mainly that it's too long, lack of mobility options in some areas, and really poor lighting. Doesn't help that the initial weapon placements were terrible as well as the "randomly" moving objects...

They've made some changes which have helped like removing the big structure in the middle of the map but it's still not that good.

It's also not nearly as bad as Overgrowth/Riptide though. People complain about it too much.

Loomba

So if putting both look sensitivity settings the same isn't actually equal speed, then what do you need to set them as so they are equal? like what is the difference between the two so it's equal speed?

Karl2177

I'm slightly delayed (kid has chicken pox, currently doing his dinner) but I should be along eventually. Feel free to leave my map until last!
Also for JDHarbs, you, and myself, I'm going to be testing out my new events printer from the API. All it does is queries the events endpoint for a match and does a line by line printout of every event. I'm hoping to have that done by Sunday afternoon. FYI the events endpoint has spawn, death, weapon pickup; with death events having coordinate location data as well.

jem0208

People complain about everything too much lol

But yea I'd say that Torque is better than Riptide and Overgrowth for sure but those maps are just.... bad IMO.

Torque is middle of the road to me.

Overgrowth is alright now they've changed the weapons.

I think Riptide could be pretty great if they messed with the weapon placement a bit more. Remove the beam rifle and put rockets on the opposite side of the map to blue room and I think it would be improved massively.

Also for JDHarbs, you, and myself, I'm going to be testing out my new events printer from the API. All it does is queries the events endpoint for a match and does a line by line printout of every event. I'm hoping to have that done by Sunday afternoon. FYI the events endpoint has spawn, death, weapon pickup; with death events having coordinate location data as well.

That sounds sweeeet.

cant wait to try! did we also get the incremental sensitivity and acceleration options? if not, when are those coming?
Yes, sensitivities can be set in half steps now (3.5, 4.5, etc.)

So if putting both look sensitivity settings the same isn't actually equal speed, then what do you need to set them as so they are equal? like what is the difference between the two so it's equal speed?

I don't believe this is true. Setting the sensitivities to the same value gives you the same sensitivity in both the horizontal and vertical directions. I think the misconception comes from hitting the pegged state with horizontal aiming, which does not exist with vertical aiming. Try looking around without moving your stick to the edge such that you stay in "aiming mode" and not transition to "turning mode." Lowering the aim acceleration may also help.

is their more of a green hue in the menu screens and post game report?
also, do weapons glow more and are the spartan colours slightly different?
havent played in a month, so maybe im crazy

For the magnum, I'm at 49% and 55% for Arena and Warzone, respectively. Interesting. I do try for really long range pistol kills, however.

Man, and Halotracker really confirming that I am a Warzone BK...

Pistol

Arena: 44%
Warzone: 43%

I am the true form of being the worse member on HaloGaf.

I am cry.

My highest accuracy is 73% with
gernades. PLZ UNDERSTAND

Top Bottom