• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I thought I was facing the real snipedown in this match, but it turned out to be someone using the name in their gamertag.

Yeaaaahhh.... Snipedown the Bronze tier player. Going negative against bronze players, lol.

You have no worries about matching pros bud.

mo60

Yeaaaahhh.... Snipedown the Bronze tier player. Going negative against bronze players, lol.

Yeah I know that. The max rank I can face is diamond if I'm unlucky unless a champion rank player teams up with a bunch of low rank players. I think this is the first time I played against someone with a gamertag kinda similar to a pro player.

Yeah I know that. The max rank I can face is diamond if I'm unlucky unless a champion rank player teams up with a bunch of low rank players. I think this is the first time I played against someone with a gamertag kinda similar to a pro player.

Yeah people have been pulling this shtick since '04

Plasma

Banned
Sometimes I hate my teammates so much, playing Warzone Assault all going well minute to go but there are only three of us in the garage defending while the rest of the team are fucking about outside trying to get a few more kills. We of course go on to lose the match because the other team all rush the garage at the same time and the three of us can't hold them all off.

I didn't get in a single game of halo yesterday. Don't think I'll reach my goal of getting through silver packs by tomorrow.
Sometimes I hate my teammates so much, playing Warzone Assault all going well minute to go but there are only three of us in the garage defending while the rest of the team are fucking about outside trying to get a few more kills. We of course go on to lose the match because the other team all rush the garage at the same time and the three of us can't hold them all off.
Warzone assault has to be the most frustrating gametype in halo 5. I never go into it expecting to win and I've settled for just going around trying to kill people. If I can help out in the base I will, but many games the other team is too good and my team is too dumb, and it makes more sense to just float around the perimeter of the base killing people. Otherwise, I get super frustrated and pissed off. Still happens, but not as often. I typically approach warzone as a social playlist anymore.

The goal of Warzone Assault is to farm RP and kill people. Winning isnt necessary :p
I agree, but winning is nice when it gives you more req points. I'm sometimes of the mindset that i'd rather lose in 6 minutes than win an 18 minute game for quicker points. Which is where worrying about personal stats actually works out quite well lol.

Leyasu

Banned
Come back after a month away... Have 343 removed the region filter ? Because it's almost unplayable. Come on 343, don't do this shit. Still at least Americans actually communicate so that is something.

After playing the division this game feels like it has just put three fat lines up its nose... Feels good to be back .

Come back after a month away... Have 343 removed the region filter ? Because it's almost unplayable. Come on 343, don't do this shit. Still at least Americans actually communicate so that is something.

After playing the division this game feels like it has just put three fat lines up its nose... Feels good to be back .

You shouldn't have gone to that game in the first place, hitting content drought even faster than vanilla Destiny is a resounding achievement.

Strider

I'm just happy Firefight will finally be a place for me to use vehicles. I had just been deleting most of them besides some Ghost ultras and Banshees.

Most vehicles are just really bad in Warzone IMO. Not enough armor and easily countered since people can just pull out a plasma pistol, Spartan Laser, etc whenever...

Sou Da

I'm just happy Firefight will finally be a place for me to use vehicles. I had just been deleting most of them besides some Ghost ultras and Banshees.

Most vehicles are just really bad in Warzone IMO. Not enough armor and easily countered since people can just pull out a plasma pistol, Spartan Laser, etc whenever...

I've found them good for rushing on Warzone Assault.

Warthog scouts.

Encountered several weird bugs, power-ups in warzone uses twice despite I only did once, Advanced Sensors not hiding me from radar correctly until I switched to another mod and back.

I only unlocked one new skin - the Osiris team pistol skin. It was strange in that I unlocked 2 other skins (3 in total), but the other two werent anything new. I figured that was how it was supposed to be at the time. Now im sad lol ;_;

Really? That's bizarre, but I think it may have to do with the volume of weapon skins for the AR / Magnum you already possess. I lucked out and got the BOOMCo. skins through twitter as part of the Hammerstorm livestream, so it may specifically pull from rarity? I ended up getting twice as many new "exclusive" AR + Magnum skins as packs I bought (e.g. 2 skins per pack), so I could be wrong, but I think I may have gotten one pack with 3 and another pack with only 1 of the exclusive skins. I'm not exactly sure what the mechanics behind it are.

Come back after a month away... Have 343 removed the region filter ? Because it's almost unplayable. Come on 343, don't do this shit .
Blame your fellow non-Americans who bitched about search times. 343 listened and we straight up said "cue the EU folks that'll complain about the connection now".

We don't want to match you guys either.

Really? That's bizarre, but I think it may have to do with the volume of weapon skins for the AR / Magnum you already possess. I lucked out and got the BOOMCo. skins through twitter as part of the Hammerstorm livestream, so it may specifically pull from rarity? I ended up getting twice as many new "exclusive" AR + Magnum skins as packs I bought (e.g. 2 skins per pack), so I could be wrong, but I think I may have gotten one pack with 3 and another pack with only 1 of the exclusive skins. I'm not exactly sure what the mechanics behind it are.
You got boomco skins from watching the hammerstorm live stream? That's pretty sick. I was hoping for a 343 skin when I purchased the spartan armory pack - 1 in 7 chance or something like that lol
IAmnuoU.png
. But I actually really like the osiris skin, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Fuchsdh

Quantum Break is pretty great, guys. Should grab it if you haven't.

Gonna' try and play some Arena and get the new map. What are people's thoughts on it?

You got boomco skins from watching the hammerstorm live stream? That's pretty sick. I was hoping for a 343 skin when I purchased the spartan armory pack - 1 in 7 chance or something like that lol
IAmnuoU.png
. But I actually really like the osiris skin, so I'm not going to complain too much.

You had to message @Halo on twitter using a specific hashtag at the time of it. I'm pretty sure gruntbugs.jpg pushed my tweet over the edge:

Vwyq7uL.png

I happened to luck out and get the 343 Magnum in my first pack and the 343 AR on my last one.

NOKYARD

Wait, you're saying I didn't play Lethul last night? His GT was Lethuuuuuul2sxzx ;)

I got matched up against runN0KYARDrun in the Halo 4 Grifball Playlist. (My GT is runNOKYARDrun)

I was a bit pissed he was actually trying to convince players he was me. He apologized and we played together for hours just to mess people up.

BraXzy

Can we please, for te love of god, stop embedding 65MB gifs?

Damn, my bad. I didn't realise it was that big :|

I got matched up against runN0KYARDrun in the Halo 4 Grifball Playlist. (My GT is runNOKYARDrun)

I was a bit pissed he was actually trying to convince players he was me. He apologized and we played together for hours just to mess people up.

Nice, I wish I was cool enough to get fanboy copycats haha.

Magwik

Banned
Since Warzone Saturday didn't exactly pan out, would anyone be interested in a Warzone Sunday later in the day?

I've seen various vehicles used to great effect. Ultra versions especially, obviously, but there's a time and place for normal stuff too.

I thought I was facing the real snipedown in this match, but it turned out to be someone using the name in their gamertag.

Screenshot-Original.png

Apparently I just played against Snipedown? Close game of Strongholds on Overgrowth.

Are you sure it was Snipedown?

I've seen various vehicles used to great effect. Ultra versions especially, obviously, but there's a time and place for normal stuff too.
I don't ever want to return to the halo 3 days of overpowered vehicles mercilessly killing everyone not in a vehicle. I'm all for vehicles being fun to use and effective, but it seems like a lot of players just want vehicles to flat out dominate. I see people rack up tons of kills using vehicles all the time, so what else are vehicles supposed to provide? Invulnerability and auto-pilot self driving insta-kills?

I don't ever want to return to the halo 3 days of overpowered vehicles mercilessly killing everyone not in a vehicle. I'm all for vehicles being fun to use and effective, but it seems like a lot of players just want vehicles to flat out dominate. I see people rack up tons of kills using vehicles all the time, so what else are vehicles supposed to provide? Invulnerability and auto-pilot self driving insta-kills?

I would say having more options to counter hijacking / boarding would be nice. In past titles you could usually get people off of your tank by blasting a nearby wall, but collateral / self splash-damage against players hijacking you is actually disabled in Halo 5.

I would say having more options to counter hijacking / boarding would be nice. In past titles you could usually get people off of your tank by blasting a nearby wall, but collateral / self splash-damage against players hijacking you is actually disabled in Halo 5.
I would be okay with this. I miss halo 2's ability to hijack a ghost flying straight at you if you timed the jump and hijack just right. I don't think you can do that anymore. Instead you just get splattered.

I think I found my optimal warzone REQ flow:

Closed Fist (2) - Hailstorm (3) - Railgun/Whiplash/SAW (4) - Advanced Sensors+silenced weapons (5) - The Answer/Sniper (6) - The Answer+Damage Boost (8). Situational weapons include rockets or fuel rods against vehicles/bosses, didn't found the rest I have useful. Once I got Blood of Suban and the new Storm Rifle I might substitute them for regular SAW.

BraXzy

I would be okay with this. I miss halo 2's ability to hijack a ghost flying straight at you if you timed the jump and hijack just right. I don't think you can do that anymore. Instead you just get splattered.

Splattering in general is super funky in H5. Can get splattered from landing funny on a slow moving tank.

Sou Da

The REQ system is honestly hitting that point of annoyance for me, all I want from it is an EVA type helmet. I'm following the guide and out of 8 packs only one bronze has had a permanent unlock. And that was for Warzone.

Ramirez

So, was there no one active in the thread that wasn't already in the SC? Not a single join request since yesterday, lol. I feel bad for kicking people out now.

Ellis hasn't even accepted his invite! ;P

Top Bottom