• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

What's everyone's favorite medal? I really like From the Grave for some reason. I'm sad there is no Killjoy in H5 though.
It's easily the perfect kill medal. I like anything that boosts my esteem in-game lol. Snapshot, Clusterluck, Perfect, Showstopper. I just need that positive reinforcement :)

This is a little bit off topic but I wanted to share it with you guys because this means a lot to me I finally got the Halo 3 Legendary edition, when Halo 3 launched in 2007 I was 12 years old and I didn't knew too much about pre orders etc
so when I tried to go with my mom to get it as a birthday present (my birthday is on November 27th but I have always received the presents from my mom early :p) it was out of stock everywhere instead I got the standard edition which
I'm 100% grateful she has always been there for me :)

Anyway now that I'm 20 years old and I have my work and my own income I was able to buy it in perfect conditions with the discs sealed, the box and the box protection and of course the helmet and it's bag
I always tell to my subscribers on my channel that nothing is impossible and that if you work hard you can achieve anything and I say the same thing to you HaloGAF ;)
here is the proof, I'm very happy and proud about my H3 LE :')

Now here are some pictures thank you for your attention enjoy!:

n1fpDCK.jpg

Nice Jorge, one day I'll probably get one of those helmets too. When Halo 3 dropped I was in college and had just bought my own HDTV in preparation for it, so your story makes me feel old :b

I tuned that sucker for hours until I realized it was just Halo 3 that was a jaggy mess. When I first played Gears on it though, damnnn.. And I was actually able to see Joanna Dark behind cover whereas on a standard definition TV you could barely see her arm hahahah
OK - so I just went ahead and clipped that moment. Jesus, that thunder was nuts. Must have been like a few hundred feet away at most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTMFQ3IW9yI
Damn that shit was loud lol

Nice Jorge, one day I'll probably get one of those helmets too. When Halo 3 dropped I was in college and had just bought my own HDTV in preparation for it, so your story makes me feel old :b

I tuned that sucker for hours until I realized it was just Halo 3 that was a jaggy mess. When I first played Gears on it though, damnnn.. And I was actually able to see Joanna Dark behind cover whereas on a standard definition TV you could barely see her arm hahahah

Damn that shit was loud lol

You should they are very cool, haha your story reminds me to when we got our first HDTV

Congrats Jorge!

Thank you!

EYEL1NER

Nice story, Jorge.
When Halo 3 came out, I was stationed in Korea. I managed to talk my parents into going to a GameStop at midnight to reserve one for me, not know what the demand would be (and to be fair, this was the CE that kind of started the 'huge CE that takes up space in the shelves at stores and gets clearanced down to $20" trend, not many could have predicted that this would have hit rock-bottom prices). They went the day it came out and picked it up and then shipped it to me, along with some other stuff I requested from home (my PS2, Guitar Hero controllers, Beatmania controller, etc). The day it came out, a bunch of people in the dorms were playing their pirated copies, because a ton of people on base went downtown to get their 360's modded and were downloading games or buying them from the stores downtown. Mine took a while to get arrive but when it did, it was glorious.
mine has been through three moves so far since then, but I have the Reach statues and the H5 bookends to sit next to the helmet. I even picked up the Killzone 3 CE with the massive Helghast helmet, to compliment the Master Chief helm on my entertainment center.

Nice story, Jorge.
When Halo 3 came out, I was stationed in Korea. I managed to talk my parents into going to a GameStop at midnight to reserve one for me, not know what the demand would be (and to be fair, this was the CE that kind of started the 'huge CE that takes up space in the shelves at stores and gets clearanced down to $20" trend, not many could have predicted that this would have hit rock-bottom prices). They went the day it came out and picked it up and then shipped it to me, along with some other stuff I requested from home (my PS2, Guitar Hero controllers, Beatmania controller, etc). The day it came out, a bunch of people in the dorms were playing their pirated copies, because a ton of people on base went downtown to get their 360's modded and were downloading games or buying them from the stores downtown. Mine took a while to get arrive but when it did, it was glorious.
mine has been through three moves so far since then, but I have the Reach statues and the H5 bookends to sit next to the helmet. I even picked up the Killzone 3 CE with the massive Helghast helmet, to compliment the Master Chief helm on my entertainment center.

Woah that's also a very cool story EYEL1NER thank you for sharing it with us, also if I understood correctly you are a member of the armed forces right? I'm not from the USA but I have huge respect and admiration to the people that are in the military forces, also I have one cousin on the United States Air Force :)

Congrats on the dust collector Jorge!

I only got the Tin box for Halo 3, I'd like to get the Cat helmet. My reach statue is currently in its box. I believe Carter's DMR barrel broke off and I need to fix it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
This is a little bit off topic but I wanted to share it with you guys because this means a lot to me I finally got the Halo 3 Legendary edition, when Halo 3 launched in 2007 I was 12 years old and I didn't knew too much about pre orders etc
so when I tried to go with my mom to get it as a birthday present (my birthday is on November 27th but I have always received the presents from my mom early :p) it was out of stock everywhere instead I got the standard edition which
I'm 100% grateful she has always been there for me :)

Anyway now that I'm 20 years old and I have my work and my own income I was able to buy it in perfect conditions with the discs sealed, the box and the box protection and of course the helmet and it's bag
I always tell to my subscribers on my channel that nothing is impossible and that if you work hard you can achieve anything and I say the same thing to you HaloGAF ;)
here is the proof, I'm very happy and proud about my H3 LE :')

Now here are some pictures thank you for your attention enjoy!:

Nice. Also you make me feel ancient....which Iam. I never got the legendary Halo 5. Did get Reach and the Reach console, which is one of the nicest 360s imo.

So what's the overall consensus on tyrant. I've only played it a couple times and so far it's pretty good and plays pretty great. Can see how people would have a problem with falling off but it's not a bad map.

Tbh I don't think there are any bad maps per say, none perfect and all have their problems but none I am disgusted to play... Rig use to be that map.

No vehicles?

Throwing in a ghost ultra, banshee ultra (if you have one), oni warthog (if you have a partner), or something is quite beneficial.

I wish I had enough "The Answers" to make them last so I just save em for dire situations... especially after one game where I lost two almost immediately after calling them in.

I prefer calling in a Carbine at 2 (extra range vs pistols is super useful) and have started to also alternate Blissful Slumber at 3 with Hailstorm.

I do have a lot of Ghost Ultra, Sword Ghost and ONI Warthog but I'm terrible at vehicles so maybe add them into the (5) range which doesn't have anything.

Welcome to New Mexico, where our weather is either non-existent or full-on crazy town banana pants.

Well, the first didn't hit, so...
Does it go by once you hit, you can't miss? I've noticed perfects without the minimum number of shots and never bothered to figure out the rule.

Does it go by once you hit, you can't miss? I've noticed perfects without the minimum number of shots and never bothered to figure out the rule.

Well, I mean that's really the only way you can program it. The game can't know for sure you're aiming at something until you hit it, essentially. So once the engagement "begins" (ie: you hit the first shot), then the shot count begins. At that point the game can make distinctions between hits and misses and whether or not you are still fighting the same person, whether they've died, etc.

TL;DR: The "perfect" count only starts when you get your first hit.

BraXzy

Halo 3 story time?

During pre-release I must've only just hit my teens.. I don't even think I owned a 360, if I did I had very few games. And I definitely didn't have XBL. Simply couldn't afford it. I don't know what got me swept into the hype, maybe from a mag, maybe from a local game store? But I saw trailers and pics for H3 and I was hyped as hell. I followed every tidbit of news about it I could. Was on Bungie.net as often as possible. Come launch the only time I could play it was at a friends house who had LIVE so strangely enough I'd often end up finding my way there after school. Wasn't a big fan of Guitar Hero but you're sure as hell I sat through it to get in some matches in the mystical amazing online game that I'd been waiting for. I think I ended getting live sometime in 2008 and I played the game for almost 2 years without much else. Crazy crazy fun times.

Absolutely loved that game.

Well, I mean that's really the only way you can program it. The game can't know for sure you're aiming at something until you hit it, essentially. So once the engagement "begins" (ie: you hit the first shot), then the shot count begins. At that point the game can make distinctions between hits and misses and whether or not you are still fighting the same person, whether they've died, etc.

TL;DR: The "perfect" count only starts when you get your first hit.
That makes sense. There's also cases where you can get a perfect in less shots if the target is slightly weakened.

That makes sense. There's also cases where you can get a perfect in less shots if the target is slightly weakened.

Pretty sure that doesn't happen. Otherwise a 3-shot kill with pistol in Breakout would be a perfect, but it still takes 5 shots to get a perfect in Breakout.

However, if a player has an overshield, you can use more than the minimum for a perfect as long as the moment the overshield has depleted, you only take the minimum to kill them.

Pretty sure that doesn't happen. Otherwise a 3-shot kill with pistol in Breakout would be a perfect, but it still takes 5 shots to get a perfect in Breakout.

However, if a player has an overshield, you can use more than the minimum for a perfect as long as the moment the overshield has depleted, you only take the minimum to kill them.
I should take clips when things like this when they happen. I swear I've seen it a few times, I think on the recieving end. I'll have to remember for next time.

So who's on right now? Let's get a group going.

Diamond six took forever to get. I was doing fine all the way up to Diamond five then I just hit this wall. I was constantly going back to four. Eventually I got steady in five, but it still took a lot of games to go from five to six.

BlackJet

Indeed one of the greatest, man Halo 3 had an incredible amount of money invested in a great publicity campaign, the HYPE was REAL!

Still IMO one of the best games ever, if only because of the community involvement.

I miss the days of playing Jenga with other people. Or playing Fat Kid and waiting for your turn to be invincible.

Amazing only on my 4th placement match and got put up against 3 campions and 1 onyx. On dmr swat (my worst weapon). Can't even get mad because admittedly is was my fault for doing so god awful.

Still IMO one of the best games ever, if only because of the community involvement.

I miss the days of playing Jenga with other people. Or playing Fat Kid and waiting for your turn to be invincible.

Hell yeah Halo 3 my most played online game ever, I have over 5000 matches

BizzyBum

Amazing only on my 4th placement match and got put up against 3 campions and 1 onyx. On dmr swat (my worst weapon). Can't even get mad because admittedly is was my fault for doing so god awful.

Same here, except it happened to me three games in a row against the same dudes. I didn't do that bad but we still lost all 3.

BraXzy

Hell yeah Halo 3 my most played online game ever, I have over 5000 matches

Yup, truth right here. Customs were incredible back then, so many people played them. Every night was customs night, the tools to make them were more primitive but they were still fun.

I had as many custom games as I did actual online matches. Well into the thousands.

Hate when I do worst on my team when I'm still rusty at the time. Just feels bad and when it happens I usually go to warzone assault to work on my aim. Time to use the dmr a lot because it being in swat means I gotta get good with it or suffer.

Still on the inside hate the dmr because of the nightmares of halo 4.

Top Bottom