• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

singhr1

I think I found my optimal warzone REQ flow:

Closed Fist (2) - Hailstorm (3) - Railgun/Whiplash/SAW (4) - Advanced Sensors+silenced weapons (5) - The Answer/Sniper (6) - The Answer+Damage Boost (8). Situational weapons include rockets or fuel rods against vehicles/bosses, didn't found the rest I have useful. Once I got Blood of Suban and the new Storm Rifle I might substitute them for regular SAW.

No vehicles?

Throwing in a ghost ultra, banshee ultra (if you have one), oni warthog (if you have a partner), or something is quite beneficial.

I wish I had enough "The Answers" to make them last so I just save em for dire situations... especially after one game where I lost two almost immediately after calling them in.

I prefer calling in a Carbine at 2 (extra range vs pistols is super useful) and have started to also alternate Blissful Slumber at 3 with Hailstorm.

Strider

Oddly enough while EU folks are saying servers are terrible now... Game connections feel better to me than it has in months

BraXzy

So, was there no one active in the thread that wasn't already in the SC? Not a single join request since yesterday, lol. I feel bad for kicking people out now.

Ellis hasn't even accepted his invite! ;P

There were a bunch of people intermittently requesting to join the past month or so. Surprised you weren't flooded. Halo is d... Someone's got me covered.

We are ramping up into release season so I'm not that surprised population is low atm.

EYEL1NER

So, was there no one active in the thread that wasn't already in the SC? Not a single join request since yesterday, lol. I feel bad for kicking people out now.

I'm not expecting a spot be held for me or anything but I'm waiting on getting Achilles armor elsewhere and then I'll see if there are spots available in HaloGAF. I don't know anyone personally who plays H5, so if I am going to be in a SC associated with anything, it might as well be one associated with GAF. But I don't want to join before unlocking Achilles in my current SC and wind up being in HaloGAF without it and without the chance to ever get it again. Should only be another day or so until I've got the armor, so I'll see if there are spots open in the future, maybe when Firefight drops.

The REQ system is honestly hitting that point of annoyance for me, all I want from it is an EVA type helmet. I'm following the guide and out of 8 packs only one bronze has had a permanent unlock. And that was for Warzone.
Now I feel bad for writing that guide in the SC forum, if that's the one you're following. I never went more than 5-6 packs without an unlock and that only happened a few times through my entire bronze unlocking grind.

Gym time , lunch, then some halo. anyone gonna be on in a couple of hours for slayer?? Someone setting up warZone parties??

Everyone forgot about G0SU?

I can finally play again because apparently somebody cut my connector or something that went into the box. So if anyone wants to play just send me an invite.

My GT is xxYOUR STALKERx.

Played my first game on tyrant on swatnums and was pretty fun, my team destroyed the other team in a 50-27. Turns out one of the salty members of the other team and some words to say about the west coast (dude on my team had cal in his name).

Working on sunday is brutal.
yeah it's not the most exciting day to have to work. i do like that no one else is in the office though. much quieter and stress free.

Can't believe I just got matched with 3 diamonds and an onyx as only a plat 4
Happens to me alllllll the time. Diamond 5s more than the rest.

Placed plat 5 last night.
As someone who is and has been in gold for the last 3 to 4 months, I think it would only be fair if the game placed me against silver players as often as it put me against platinum players. Not fair that I have to take a beating against higher ranks but not get some time to whoop up on lower ranks. I mean if I'm really only as good as gold, placing me against some silvers wouldn't be unfair. Right?

Yeah id think the pool would have enough players to match me against closer ranks they think i am. Instead they give me a false hope that i can compete against onyx and diamond 5,6s..

Highest ive been is diamond 3 so far. Granted i do it all solo and don't play a lot, i think i do okayish. Im just a scrub to many tho. :p

I sit at 82 hours of play.

Is it me or is this the only game when I'm not mad when somebody stills my kill (unless it seems like that's all their doing) but in most game types assist to me are just as good as kills and when you and a friend are cleaning up each other's kills it feels amazing.

Not saying all I get is assist but never feel bad when I get more assist than kills in a match and win.

Fuchsdh

Man, the new Warzone map is "The Answer beats everything." The 150XP boss fights on the side are awesomely chaotic towards the end.

Is it me or is this the only game when I'm not mad when somebody stills my kill (unless it seems like that's all their doing) but in most game types assist to me are just as good as kills and when you and a friend are cleaning up each other's kills it feels amazing.

Not saying all I get is assist but never feel bad when I get more assist than kills in a match and win.
In arena and slayer i don't mind assists at all. In warzone and warzone assault, assists piss me off because the game doesn't value them very highly. Nothing beats having 6+ assists but not enough kills to move up to req level 3. Or you finish out a game with 4 to 5 kills and 10+ assists and the whole game was a brutal beating because everyone else had BR's and DMR's and i'm whacking off with a pistol the whole time.

MaGlock

April has not been kind to me stuck at plat 4/5 and negative k/d ratio, skill matching has been tough and a bunch of lag earlier getting me super tilted had to take a break watch my boy spieth

Fuchsdh

Not actually played on the new Warzone map. What are the bosses? Any new ones?

Got a much tougher 150XP Knight, Endurance-of-Will.

Actually really wished they would swap her for Lochagos on Stormbreak, would be much less of an dumb blitz to kill.

im_dany

I don't know if it's just me but ever since the latest update I can't see my ranks in the main menu. I still haven't ranked but I played a few matches in different playlists and I always see the "10 matches to rank"

BraXzy

I don't know if it's just me but ever since the latest update I can't see my ranks in the main menu. I still haven't ranked but I played a few matches in different playlists and I always see the "10 matches to rank"

What do you mean? Your rank will be reset till you do all 10 in one playlist.

You can't see past ranks in-game, I don't think you ever have been able to.

In arena and slayer i don't mind assists at all. In warzone and warzone assault, assists piss me off because the game doesn't value them very highly. Nothing beats having 6+ assists but not enough kills to move up to req level 3. Or you finish out a game with 4 to 5 kills and 10+ assists and the whole game was a brutal beating because everyone else had BR's and DMR's and i'm whacking off with a pistol the whole time.

Yeah that's fully understandable. Warzone is the one that I don't like getting assist at all but assault i don't mind as much cause I'm not trying to go 100% hard. But mostly in arena getting assist and cleaning kills with a full team just show how great this game can be.

Finally got to try out multi team with two of my friends and I feel really bad for the other teams cause I think the 2nd team got 16 kills. Also didn't know they changed the lighting of torque, looks a lot better. Now I don't need sunglasses to play that map.

Leyasu

Banned
You shouldn't have gone to that game in the first place, hitting content drought even faster than vanilla Destiny is a resounding achievement.

It wa a great co-op experience... But eah I cant keep doing the same CM.

Blame your fellow non-Americans who bitched about search times. 343 listened and we straight up said "cue the EU folks that'll complain about the connection now".

We don't want to match you guys either.

Yeah Iwouldliketo have a word with a few of the fucking whiners...

Man I'm back, can I resend my application?

Bring back the region locks man. Horrendous lag today mannnnn

Amen. I played 10 placements toda. The first was good. The rest were unplayable. Love that shit

IHaveIce

Banned
I have the same issue and I'm already ranked
What do you mean? Your rank will be reset till you do all 10 in one playlist.

You can't see past ranks in-game, I don't think you ever have been able to.

Read his post again. He means even the icons don't change showing how many games he has played.

I have the same.

You are slacking BraXzy, pls, just upping your postcounter won't help

Man I'm back, can I resend my application?
Do eet! We need to keep this group stacked.

Edit:
I would say having more options to counter hijacking / boarding would be nice. In past titles you could usually get people off of your tank by blasting a nearby wall, but collateral / self splash-damage against players hijacking you is actually disabled in Halo 5.
I was gonna add to my earlier post and forgot. Splash damage needs to return. I wasn't aware that it was disabled, but I have yet to use a tank or a wraith in warzone.

I just fucking can't with this matchmaking system anymore. Why are two people on my team who are higher ranks than I am going 4-15 and 5-15 in slayer? It's just bananas.

Leyasu

Banned
No idea what your GT is, but yes.

It is Van Winkel x . I'll send you a request tomorrow.

I just fucking can't with this matchmaking system anymore. Why are two people on my team who are higher ranks than I am going 4-15 and 5-15 in slayer? It's just bananas.

Where are you from and where were they from?? Might help to explain things. Now that they have disabled the region locks, you are going to be seeing lots more of this.

Roll on firefight.

Only placed plat 6 in arena... I'll work my way up to diamond at least or try to get to onyx, hate the fact I was rusty and did placement matches. That and can't stand to see when there are obvious smurf accounts on the other team doing better than everybody else.

Only placed plat 6 in arena... I'll work my way up to diamond at least or try to get to onyx, hate the fact I was rusty and did placement matches. That and can't stand to see when there are obvious smurf accounts on the other team doing better than everybody else.

Yeah my last games had diamonds 3-6 and A plat 4 who was on top. Lol

We lost

Sordid

I sent a request to the sc if there's still room, my gt is Sordid Sentinel. Not super duper active but I play as often as I can!

NOKYARD

I just got an XBL message stating that someone finally got into the Golden Staircase room on Sacred Icon and that a video will follow. I have no further details.

BlackJet

Is anyone else having trouble trying to switch to nighttime when forging on Glacier? The first time I tried to it just left me on the loading screen and on the second time it took me almost a minute.

Top Bottom