• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

On infection if you manage to grab a hold of a saw and become last man in the right areas you can go off with it easily and the highest thing I've gotten was 9 kills in a row, which is a killpocalypse I think. Also 2 out of the 3 times I've manged to stay alive for the rest of the round with a minute plus left in the round.

Probably means to get rid of the saw in infection.

Another funny note is that if you are infected and have Spartan callouts on they will say stuff when you kill humans like "nice energy sword kill" which kinda cracks me up a bit. Don't know if it's a bug but it's there.

There was a period of time when my aim was fucking amazing. I averaged about 70% accuracy with the pistol over about 10 or so games in arena. That was when I was properly grinding the game though and playing a lot.

If anyone is still wondering how the separate aiming sensitivities works watch this clip I made: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Il MeanBean lI/video/17491784

Basically by default the vertical and horizontal sensitivities are actually very similar. If you change the values in the settings the difference increases. In older Halos the difference in vertical and horizontal was actually pretty big and quite similar to setting the separate values to be equal.

In COD, the difference between Horizontal and Vertical is pretty big ( i think it's similar to Halo actually). The difference is the diagonal acceleration. Cod doesn't have it ( or it's very reduced), while Halo 5 has a significant increase, which I think it's not good

I think halo hates me when I play swat or believes a team of randoms have a chance against a team of champions (highest one was 3), I am a diamond 5 and lvl 82 and I have my search preference on focused and most of my past matches have been champions. What did I do to deserve this? Also probably could of had a respectable amount of kills but a teammate went 2 and 17.

singhr1

figured out why i suck at infection zombies... i never "smart scope" (tm) with the sword. its really awkward with the right stick. all these cod kids crushing it as zombies and that ultra lunge and i do fuck all. feels brad.

hit a sweet trip though in arena (skip to 15 sec)
http://xboxclips.com/LoopOfHenle/9979cef2-781f-4941-8be8-9d95c9cbaacc

and new map is GREAT (after one match)

It really is hard to get used to smart linking with the sword. I hate doing it too because if I miss the lung im stuck in this weird zoomed zone that I feel super vulnerable.

No one said a thing about my desktop wallpaper :(

CkYWDCB.jpg

Cortana has really clunky wording in Spanish.

FFA is a miserable experience, between the spawns and weapons littered everywhere like its a 4v4, just ugh. Grinded to 2170 and I don't think I can force myself to play anymore.

jg4xchamp

JackHerer

Why is there a FRC and Hydra on Truth? Bleh.

Stasis seems really similar to Torque compared to past remixes.

Which kind of confuses me since they said it has been in development for over 2 years.... Which came first, this map, or Torque? If it was Torque, that would suggest they had Torque finished (or close at least) for a really long time.

We still need to get that Rig remix and hopefully a Coliseum remix as well. Wonder if we'll get them in the next update, or sometime after the free-DLC- ends (and they inevitably announce an extension of some kind). Hopefully at E3 they have some big surprises for us Halo people.

Which kind of confuses me since they said it has been in development for over 2 years.... Which came first, this map, or Torque? If it was Torque, that would suggest they had Torque finished (or close at least) for a really long time.

We still need to get that Rig remix and hopefully a Coliseum remix as well. Wonder if we'll get them in the next update, or sometime after the free-DLC- ends (and they inevitably announce an extension of some kind). Hopefully at E3 they have some big surprises for us Halo people.
Im tired of remixes. I want some genuinely fresh new maps, and since 343 isn't going to do that they should at least start adding more forge maps. There is a bounty of good forge maps out there. What is the hold up?

Now that we've got Focused searching parameters, I'm finding myself getting disconnected from Warzone a lot less often. That's an improvement unto itself.

Trup1aya

Why is there a FRC and Hydra on Truth? Bleh.

Stasis seems really similar to Torque compared to past remixes.

Stasis is many times better than Torque though. It's currently right up there with Truth for me, in the running for best map.

The bases are better designed, the sightlines are far superior, there are far fewer restrictions to navigating the map.

Visually, it is the most similar remix. But it terms of how it plays; the difference is dramatic.

Akai__

Sorry for the late response, recently just team slayer. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...box-one/service-records/players/beaconoftruth

Been staying away from Swat, and I wasn't sure if the preview one is Team Arena, so I didn't even touch it.

Yeah, the Preview one is Team Arena, but with a lot map changes, which the pros are reviewing until the 20th.

To get back to your performance. I think your main problem is that you don't play that much and not consistently. If you take a look at the Pre-Season, you had 92 games in Team Slayer, a win ratio of 55% and a 1.2 K/D ratio. Compared to your 18 matches in April, that's quite the difference. Your other stats (like weapon accuracy) are are also pretty good for a Platinum player and I think you would be able to improve quite a bit, if you really want.

Like I said in the previous post, you should try the new "Focused" matchmaking options and see if it changes something. I took a look at some of the recent games and I know that it's frustrating to play against higher ranked people like Diamond players, but hopefully you will get closer matches with the new matchmaking preferences.

OMG I just simultaneously lol'd and sadfaced watching Mono's stream.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/mistermonopoli-2016051484740838

Were those his real splits and was he on WR pace? I'd have cried.

Were those his real splits and was he on WR pace? I'd have cried.
Pretty sure those are his PB splits, but assuming decent early stages, with the new gravemind prison skip, basically any finished run he does is gonna be WR. The game destroyed four WR pace runs that I saw before he got off. Literally not his fault kind of luck based bullshit.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok it is super hard to feel a sensitivity setting that feels right right now.

to the map changes I just got to read them and played truth... WHY is a Fuel Rod and a Hydra on Truth what a terrible idea...

How is Rig unchanged..

Loomba

Of course.

Right after I unlock Noble Valor I decide to save up and buy a Gold pack.

I've been waiting eight months, and there it is. That motherfucker decides to pop right after I don't need it anymore.

Sod's law!

I got noble in my first silver pack. Even then I knew I lucked out.

IHaveIce

Banned
Holy crap I can't aim at all with any settings, wasn't it said changing both vertic/horic to the same number should make it feel like old halo ? It is damn fast right now

BraXzy

Holy crap I can't aim at all with any settings, wasn't it said changing both vertic/horic to the same number should make it feel like old halo ? It is damn fast right now

If you changed to the higher figure, you've doubled your horizontal sensitivity. By default it is half the number. So you probably want to reduce it.

IHaveIce

Banned
If you changed to the higher figure, you've doubled your horizontal sensitivity. By default it is half the number. So you probably want to reduce it.

yeah but wasn't it always in older games that one was faster than the other? Man 343 should release a damn guide on how to recreate older Halo games sens

Sod's law!

I got noble in my first silver pack. Even then I knew I lucked out.

I got the Noble Honor armor in my first Gold, I think. Unlocked the regular Noble armor in december-ish.

I put both on 4 and it feels pretty damn good.

tootsi666

Having both vertical and horizontal sensitivity the same and 2 acceleration feels like all previous Halos IMO
(except Halo 3 because Halo 3 aiming is weird)

I find the best baseline to use is to take whatever your previous sens was pre-patch and even out the horizontal and vertical sens. Then lower acceleration by 1 to compensate for the increase in horizontal sens.

So example is if you were 4 sens pre-patch with 3 acceleration... Change your horizontal and vertical sens to 3 then lower acceleration to 2.
I did this and it works

Strider

I find the best baseline to use is to take whatever your previous sens was pre-patch and even out the horizontal and vertical sens. Then lower acceleration by 1 to compensate for the increase in horizontal sens.

So example is if you were 4 sens pre-patch with 3 acceleration... Change your horizontal and vertical sens to 3 then lower acceleration to 2.

IHaveIce

Banned

i will try this method thanks guys.

Man not playing for 2 weeks made me play like ass

Top Bottom