• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Trup1aya

So the new controller settings are awesome. It'll take some retraining, but the smoothness is undeniable

But these servers seem to have taken a nose dive since the update. I either fail at step 2/4 while matchmaking, someone else disconnects while it's loading, or I disconnect mid game

just finished the campaign, it was pretty good. in terms of campaign, h3>h1>h5 (not finished odst yet).

level design was good, it bought the sandbox element back to halo but it was way too short, took me under 5 hours in normal mode. story was also pretty garbage, it was advertised as master chef vs locke and it turned out be more about slipstream scifi mumbo jumbo.

the forerunners are still not as fun to fight as the covenant, they just feel like bullet sponges.

My personal sweetspot has both deadzones at 0, acceleration at 3, vertical sensitivity at 9, horizontal at 6.

wat.jpg

They can create entire playlists of forge maps in a week for non-existing gametypes. Then there's arena, where we're still playing on awful maps like Pegasus instead of the Pit or High Citadel.

Loomba

I keep getting connecting to lobby then it times out saying "there was an issue with the halo 5 guardians servers" anyone getting the same?

Raide

Damn textures make a world of difference.

Too bad we'll never see them in matchmaking and nobody plays custom games anymore.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

:(

Yeah, hoping they keep adding stuff.

Someone I would love to see is something similar to the way they do the lighting but with weather effects.

Something like a Snow Baking option with passes over your map and bakes on piles of snow, icicles etc. Would also have a desert option which adds banks of sand and other doodads.

Akai__

Focused matchmaking doesn't do anything for me. If it would, I wouldn't be playing against a Champion 183.

Also, what the heck is happening with these servers? "Attention" warnings and random disconnects. It's annoying.

Because that's how his name is pronounced. https://youtu.be/Bs2TPo7z0sM?t=1m47s

Nope it is not yes I know that "Jorge" on English is George but when I talked with Frankie on person on the Halo World Championship LATAM finals he told me a funny story about how back in the Halo Reach development he gave the order and the name was supposed to be "Jorge" not George even on the English version of the game but there was a problem and they didn't do what he said, that's why on the animated movie Halo The Fall of Reach you can hear this Easter Egg https://youtu.be/z0sFmKnpJpM?t=11m16s

He told me that it was his revenge :D

Karl2177

Nope it is not yes I know that "Jorge" on English is George but when I talked with Frankie on person on the Halo World Championship LATAM finals he told me a funny story about how back in the Halo Reach development he gave the order and the name was supposed to be "Jorge" not George even on the English version of the game but there was a problem and they didn't do what he said, that's why on the animated movie Halo The Fall of Reach you can hear this Easter Egg https://youtu.be/z0sFmKnpJpM?t=11m16s

Well I mean you can go off in your own world with that, but to the rest of the world it's how it is pronounced. Tough titties, kid.

Clip time:

Here is an unexpected splatter I got in Warzone a few days back

This let me pretend that I'm good at the game

Also, posting images showing that Jorge is spelled "Jorge" proves nothing. That's how his name has always been spelled. In the games, is pronounced the American way, with a hard "j." That's an interesting story that Frankie wanted it pronounced the Spanish way, but nevertheless that's not how it ended up in game.

Yeah I guess you are right

God the quitters are so bad lately.

If you are a shit tier player like me, matchmaking is always an issue. Bronze and Silver level folks are always mixed in with people who aren't ranked and half the times, those players smoke me even though I go positive most matches. I wonder if they should lower the placement to 5 games, especially since the games population will dwindle naturally over time.

My aiming has gone from adequate to complete garbage. I can't seem to figure it out. In game I feel good but I'm not finishing encounters. I look at my accuracy post game and it's sub 30% and that never used to happen. I'm gonna have to keep tinkering with my settings until I find something that works. Also I played a game today with someone named TTU Vapor and I could have sworn it was someone in gaf.

Trup1aya

Unrelated, but I had a boss a few years back. His parents were from Mexico, but he was born and raised in the States.

Anyway on orientation day he wore a name badge, it said his name was Jorge. Naturally we all assumed we should use the Spanish pronounciation. One kid raised he hand to ask a question, and say "Jorge, how do we--"
Boss cut that kid off so quick, gave him the most evil of evil looks and said "my name is pronounced George. Don't let it happen again!"

Sucked all the air out of the room.

My aiming has gone from adequate to complete garbage. I can't seem to figure it out. In game I feel good but I'm not finishing encounters. I look at my accuracy post game and it's sub 30% and that never used to happen. I'm gonna have to keep tinkering with my settings until I find something that works. Also I played a game today with someone named TTU Vapor and I could have sworn it was someone in gaf.

TTUVapor is this guy:

yLplsUK.jpg

Also, re: aiming, people here should try having a higher vertical sensitivity than a horizontal one. It makes soooo much more sense with how much verticality is involved in Halo 5, not to mention it makes it easier to go from body shots to headshots.

Welfare

JiP is actually affecting my enjoyment in this game. Every time you JiP in WZ Turbo, your req energy is glitched and won't fill up.

Why can't I tell this system to fuck off and turn it off?

Unrelated, but I had a boss a few years back. His parents were from Mexico, but he was born and raised in the States.

Anyway on orientation day he wore a name badge, it said his name was Jorge. Naturally we all assumed we should use the Spanish pronounciation. One kid raised he hand to ask a question, and say "Jorge, how do we--"
Boss cut that kid off so quick, gave him the most evil of evil looks and said "my name is pronounced George. Don't let it happen again!"

Sucked all the air out of the room.

Damn that sounds pretty bad what's wrong with him? thank you for sharing your story

When I created my gamertag on Xbox Live back in 2007 I wanted something with a strong meaning and something that could work on both Spanish and English so my first tough was "NuclearGeorge" but I said Nah that sounds pretty bad so instead I used "ATOMICJORGE" so that way my Spanish friends could call me Jorge and my English friends Atomic, the results were different because everybody on Mexico calls me ATOMIC and everybody on the US calls me Jorge or George lol, also when I created my Youtube channel I used the same username and check this out when I was born in 1995 it was the 50th anniversary of the Atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagazaki that ended the WW2 I didn't knew this until last year so apparently it was my destiny to be called ATOMIC

God the quitters are so bad lately.

If you are a shit tier player like me, matchmaking is always an issue. Bronze and Silver level folks are always mixed in with people who aren't ranked and half the times, those players smoke me even though I go positive most matches. I wonder if they should lower the placement to 5 games, especially since the games population will dwindle naturally over time.
Halo would be so much better with Battlefield's server browser. Combining that with like 3 ranked matchmaking playlists would be ideal.

So much awesomeness most of us are missing out on because we don't play custom games.

I've always loved that they used that pronunciation; one of my best friends in high school when Reach came out was named Jorge, but for whatever reason he also used the "George" pronunciation. It's like I know a member of Noble team irl! They even look pretty similar.

You're talking about sai kun, right?

Strider

Someone currently has a CSR near 10K right now in SWAT. The top three in that playlist all have a CSR over 8k.

I find that super weird tbh. How are they not just getting minimal CSR points once they get so high? Even at my rank in TA I'll have games where I will only go up or down 1 CSR depending on the matchup.

Top Bottom