• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Last night I was driving through this area called Greenland, that's all open fields and there are no street lights. Then Under the Cover of Night came on and it was prefect.

Caja 117

So yeah, that MCC on Windows 10 store. Please be announced at E3!

Even better if they announce crossplay MP with XBO.

Anyway Yesterday was my first gaming session after the update, my toughs

-I think the new aiming sensitivity options have messed up my aiming, Yesterday I was getting wrecked and could not pull more than a 40% accuracy. I was trying to find a good one, but the one that I had for default for some reason was doing slow turn, a really bad slow turn. (Im using elite controller)

-That speed increase in crouching, not sure what to think o it.

-Hydra is a beast now.

-The New map remake is way better than Torque.

-Man, I suck, My K/R overall has gone Negative...Last night I was getting usually more assist than Kills.

NOKYARD

Those Revenant designs, though:
can-tuncer-rev-1.jpg

Kind of reminds me of this. Anyone here from the 405th with a spare $35 Grand?
cq5dam.web.768.768.png

I want a search preference option that says " BESTEST EVER CONNECTION, EVER." idc about skill as much as i care about quality, quick connections. :( .....

IDK MAN. i just want my servers back ..

T_T

So yeah, that MCC on Windows 10 store. Please be announced at E3!

You can view games or apps in the Windows Store with a link even if it isn't available on that platform, so you'll be able to see Xbox games on the Windows Store with the upcoming merger via a link even if they aren't available on PC.

-I think the new aiming sensitivity options have messed up my aiming, Yesterday I was getting wrecked and could not pull more than a 40% accuracy. I was trying to find a good one, but the one that I had for default for some reason was doing slow turn, a really bad slow turn. (Im using elite controller)

I tried equalising the new sens options and after fiddling around with different permutations I've gone back to the default ratio. It definitely felt smoother while equalised and my long range shot seemed steadier but default feels better overall. I guess there's a reason 343 set the ratio the way they did.

Halo would be so much better with Battlefield's server browser. Combining that with like 3 ranked matchmaking playlists would be ideal.

So much awesomeness most of us are missing out on because we don't play custom games.

If they want to do Halo 5 right on PC they NEED to implement BF-style servers and server browsers.

Strider

I hate the way BF servers work on PC.

It's only community servers... No matchmaking and no official servers from the dev or publisher. It sucks if you ask me.

Give me official servers or MM any day. MM and community servers can and should co-exist.

TCKaos

The new armor we saw in the Hog Wild trailer (named Stinger) had some hi-res models posted to Can Tuncer's concept art page:

The pattern on it is pretty cool but the armor itself is still generic as hell when compared to the rest of the armors in the game.

Also, is it me or did the beta have much better lighting than the final game? Like, I understand that this is usually the case in most games for performance reasons, but I'm still disappointed that we lost stuff like the lever on the BR being animated (didn't that happen with the Halo 3 AR, too?)

The pattern on it is pretty cool but the armor itself is still generic as hell when compared to the rest of the armors in the game.

Also, is it me or did the beta have much better lighting than the final game? Like, I understand that this is usually the case in most games for performance reasons, but I'm still disappointed that we lost stuff like the lever on the BR being animated (didn't that happen with the Halo 3 AR, too?)

Yeah, i think they changed a lot of lighting for those mp maps. I think they mentioned something about balance where some teams blended to well in the darkness and etc.

That was a locked 720p right? Maybe the dynamic scaling made them do some changes to the BR, idk for sure. =/

Leyasu

Banned
Tried focused earlier and it was local servers.... But it was when Casey and all his friends were either at work or at school.

Need to try in the evening to really get an idea

Its not new, in fact theirs a Revenant in Halo 4 buried deep within the games code. its fully finished and everything, no idea why 343 took it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXzYKQZDrpM

Design looks alright but sucks they went for a specter type hybrid when it comes to the gun, probably why they scraped it because it just seems like a weaker covenant version of the hog. the revenant in reach was just fine and if they ever bring it back just do it the same way as it was done originally. Just a weaker wraith bullet and just a little slower than the ghost. Really hope the next halo has a better focus on different vehicles, only one new vehicle was kind of a letdown.

That was just glorious.

MARTASTROPHE!

Man, I love watching footage of Halo in other languages. The Spanish announcer is the shit.

Haha yeah I feel the same with the original English announcer and the Spanish announcer is also pretty good since Halo 3 because Halo CE was 100% in English and Halo 2 received a very divisive reception when it comes to the Latam version

Holy crap, that was incredible. Never realised the Spanish announcer was so good, I'd love to be able to toggle between the different languages in the menu or something, give them all a try.

Yes he is indeed pretty good, you can do it just change your console region to Mexico and select Spanish

A little update on my Halo experience:

I've found the last few days to be pretty good. You have to be mindful of when to search focused vs the other two in Australia. Just step through them until you find matches. I usually play late at night during the week and it's been pretty solid. I am still getting profile sync errors, REQs not loading, points very slow to load, problems with dedis and all that but it's far less often. It's more consistent and finding Aussies when the population allows for it. Far better but not consistently without issues as yet. In game the connections are better for me so I'm happy with that for now. Oh an the latency warning on the playlists is gone, so I have that going for me. Parties aren't 100% yet either, it's been tough to get mates to repeatedly try to play Halo TBH.

The grind and team wins only is the next series of issues to tackle.

I'm trying to get through ultra-rares and my gold pack gives me two uninteresting legendary reqs instead.
KUVk4hG.jpg

In other news, at least i finished out all the preorder skins finally. Got the smg potence skin. So no more of those. Also, I used a legendary RP Boost in arena slayer and immediately proceeded to get curb stomped with one of my teammates quitting out.

Top Bottom