• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

From /r/Halo, Noble Team on Halo 5: Guardians!

WYyE0YP.jpg

I was worried the armor would look disproportionate considering how huge Jorge was in Reach, but the fact that the armor actually looks good on the H5 Spartans just goes to show you how tiny the S-IIIs were.

I find that super weird tbh. How are they not just getting minimal CSR points once they get so high? Even at my rank in TA I'll have games where I will only go up or down 1 CSR depending on the matchup.

Someone currently has a CSR near 10K right now in SWAT. The top three in that playlist all have a CSR over 8k.

Someone told me most of the SWAT champs are in the same spartan company and match each other and cheese the ranking system. No idea how (maybe tie or go 50-49? Idk) or if it's even true, but explains how people got 30k CSR last season.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Someone told me most of the SWAT champs are in the same spartan company and match each other and cheese the ranking system. No idea how (maybe tie or go 50-49? Idk) or if it's even true, but explains how people got 30k CSR last season.

I don't understand why people would do that. Fucking dumb.

Trup1aya

Halo would be so much better with Battlefield's server browser. Combining that with like 3 ranked matchmaking playlists would be ideal.

So much awesomeness most of us are missing out on because we don't play custom games.

I can't help but agree...

Team Objective
Team Slayer
BTB
And maybe a weekly promotional playlist

Everything else would work better in the browser than in MM

jem0208

I actually don't particularly like server browsers usually. I find they're less effective for skill matching and I prefer the simplicity of matchmaking.

That said I would love a custom games browser alongside the normal matchmaking playlists we have.

Trup1aya

I actually don't particularly like server browsers usually. I find they're less effective for skill matching and I prefer the simplicity of matchmaking.

That said I would love a custom games browser alongside the normal matchmaking playlists we have.

Yeah all the skill matching would be done traditionally with just a few playlists.

All the social stuff (infection, GrifBall, mini games , etc) would be better suited with browsers.

Clip time:

Here is an unexpected splatter I got in Warzone a few days back

This let me pretend that I'm good at the game

Also, posting images showing that Jorge is spelled "Jorge" proves nothing. That's how his name has always been spelled. In the games, is pronounced the American way, with a hard "j." That's an interesting story that Frankie wanted it pronounced the Spanish way, but nevertheless that's not how it ended up in game.

Forgot my clips from last night.

Another decent ground pound for the company
Embarrassing randie for the overkill
Nice magnum killtac
Another killtac? In the same game? And splatters for the company?

I miss halo's Good Old Days™ too tbh

Yeah I wish halo could be great again
hope everybody know I'm kidding, inside jokes are fun

Tbh I wish bravo was right when he said millions of people played halo 5. Due to low population at times games can go terribly when you get put up against really good players that destroy you (I thought focused would help :( ) I know I'm not as good as I should be but for that reason I should not be put against onyx and above when I'm diamond 1 is slayer and arena.

I wouldn't mind playing against people on only my rank when I'm by myself but searching should do a better job of not putting the odds against you when you play anything ranked.

Also side note, I think I hate smurf accounts more so than quitters cause at least with quitters they get banned most of the time. Though I still very much hate rage quitters cause they ruin the experience for the team they are on.

Those are meh.

Anyways here's a clip of me dicking around from one of our games last night.

http://xboxclips.com/BluePhazon1337/e758a85f-4795-492e-a57e-707bbf6e8818

I learned that you can slide almost continuously if you have Advanced Thrusters due to the sight boost to sprint speed.

mo60

The highest csr last season was around 17k actually.I would not be suprised if people are finding easy methods to get a really high csr in that playlist.

Reach
/Every
armor got more love than Mk. V; the truest, most realest, most legitness Halo armor there ever was, is and will be.

Let that sink in for a moment.

EDIT:
I'll show love when 343 makes a non shitty version of it.
That's what I'm talking about, not the people. The people know.. Oh, they know.

TCKaos

So I used Jorge's chaingun for a bit. The description says the rounds are explosive but I'm 99% sure they're not. It really just makes the chaingun a slightly more powerful, slightly faster firing chaingun.

EYEL1NER

I would have to go back and look again at the update notes to know if this is something new or something that was fixed or what, but Spartan Charges in Grifball now count towards the Juggernaut commendation. I've got quite a bit of kills in Grifball and quite a bit of them were Spartan Charges; if I am running towards someone who is running straight at me, why swing my hammer and possibly team kill some dumbass who gets too close when I can Spartan Charge his face and maybe even survive the encounter? None of them have ever counted towards the Juggernaut commendation for me but just now I had one count. So that is good, maybe I'll finish that commendation off pretty soon.

A lot of the Spartan Charges I was going for were failing to kill though. I still came out on top of kills and we won handily, but I wonder if them tinkering with the Spartan Charge properties in relation to speed boosts happened to affect anything in Grifball.

Defect

Really? I just get the lowest possible champ then move on.

Nowise10

So I used Jorge's chaingun for a bit. The description says the rounds are explosive but I'm 99% sure they're not. It really just makes the chaingun a slightly more powerful, slightly faster firing chaingun.

Yeah I watched gameplay of it, and it looked like crap. Pretty sure a regular SAW is more powerful then it, in its current state. I assume they 343'd it and messed something up.

Can confirm it's a fucking joke.

Add on to that that, like other turret guns, you don't have spartan abilities while wielding it.

ANNNNNNNNND... It's a level 8 REQ! How the hell does 343 constantly incorrectly value these things? Hmmm, George's turret, or Phaeton Helios/Nornfang/SPNKR PRIME/Tartarus' Gavel? Wonder what I'll waste my energy on........

Shit, just get REQ 4 or 5 and call in a Susan's Blood, The Answer, or Whispered Truth for that matter. Or, one of those AND a damage boost/overshield since we're using 8 or 9 REQ energy.

So dumb.

I would have to go back and look again at the update notes to know if this is something new or something that was fixed or what, but Spartan Charges in Grifball now count towards the Juggernaut commendation. I've got quite a bit of kills in Grifball and quite a bit of them were Spartan Charges; if I am running towards someone who is running straight at me, why swing my hammer and possibly team kill some dumbass who gets too close when I can Spartan Charge his face and maybe even survive the encounter? None of them have ever counted towards the Juggernaut commendation for me but just now I had one count. So that is good, maybe I'll finish that commendation off pretty soon.

A lot of the Spartan Charges I was going for were failing to kill though. I still came out on top of kills and we won handily, but I wonder if them tinkering with the Spartan Charge properties in relation to speed boosts happened to affect anything in Grifball.

Part of the overall Spartan Charge nerf from this update was in addition to removing SC kills and shield recharge from Speed Boost, SCs with Hammer no longer kill in one hit. WHICH IS FUCKING STUPID. Either way, like you said, they've never counted before for the commendations anyway. Interesting that you had one count.

EYEL1NER

Part of the overall Spartan Charge nerf from this update was in addition to removing SC kills and shield recharge from Speed Boost, SCs with Hammer no longer kill in one hit. WHICH IS FUCKING STUPID. Either way, like you said, they've never counted before for the commendations anyway. Interesting that you had one count.
Just went 64-43 in a 5-0 match and would have had at least a dozen more kills if it SC with hammer hadn't been nerfed. But I did land a SC on a weakend enemy and a commendationcounted for that one too, so that is great that those count now in that mode (not so great though since the kills aren't as prevalent now though).

How does one use the missile pod correctly? It didn't lock onto Banshees on my first try. Two more REQ cards left to learn...

Also AtomicJorge that infection clip is awesome!

How does one use the missile pod correctly? It didn't lock onto Banshees on my first try. Two more REQ cards left to learn...

Also AtomicJorge that infection clip is awesome!

Thank you I'm glad that you guys liked the GIF I can't wait to show you the full video of that last minute of the game!

2 fucking losses in a row in regular warzone to the same premade team. Game over in less than 5 minutes. Switch over to wz assault. Get shitted on by another premade team. Gg

EYEL1NER

I'm confused about something Infection-related: Are the determinations for who wins and loses a round broken or do I just not get how to win? I mean, I understand that there are points for kills and more kills while surviving is better than no kills while surviving, but we had a match where in one of the rounds, I was one of two humans left. We both survived the entire round. The announcer then says: Round lost. What determines who wins an infection round? Is there a threshold where if there are more of either zombies or humans than the other, that team wins? If that is the case and I am the last one left alive and there is a ton of time left, I'm not sure what the incentive to try to fight back is if the round is lost at that point.

Also just played a WZ Turbo round on Apex where the opposing team took all three bases and then was content with farming our core. I had spawned a Scorpion before they took the Spire and the armory I capped, so while I'm driving it closer to the spire and the other amory, they secured everything. I'm like "Well, I'm far as fuck away from our core and won't make it back so I might as well try to kill whatever comes out of their base. No vehicles come out though. So I figure I'll kill soldiers in the armory I am closest too. Occasionally someone spawns at that armory and I kill them, and I kill the covenant Ghost rider, but nothing much happens over there. Finally I die while trying to take out the covenant wraith that spawned and I spawn in my core. I run out the front of it while half the team watches the back and three of us head for an armory. We clear it, start capping, and then the enemy team must have said "Fuck, they are gonna shut us out of the core" and finished it off half a second before the armory became ours. I guess farming must feel good, when you are boosting your commendations way up and scoring a high KDR but man do I wish the farmers would get farmed once in a while. I mean, for the entire team to be sitting there like "Awwww yeah, we are fucking beasts" and then some OTHER team comes along and stomps them. That would feel so good to watch happen.
I'm not really trying to rant about losing, I've lost matches by large margins to farmers before. I just wish I had done anything with that Scorpion as they netted a good 400 points or so while I had nothing to shoot. I did kill a couple things with it but the servers got borked right after and I couldn't view my stats.

EYEL1NER

Ok guys here you go here is the full video of the Infection clip (1 minute Killionaire) from my Saturday night Live Stream enjoy!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ATOMICJORGE/video/17547488
That was just glorious.

EDIT: Argh, bought a REQ pack, it opens, I start looking at what I got, and the game crashes back to the dash. Things have been touch and go for me already with the servers tonight. I'll take that crash as a sign that I should go to sleep. After all, it is 8 mins to 4 right now.

What do I have to do to get a fucking warzone win? This game can be such a joke sometimes.

Edit: 3 hours of playing still no warzone victory. This is bull shit. At some point I should get put on the winning team just by dumb luck but apparently not.

Edit2: ugh that was an annoying halo session. Worst one in a while. My aiming sucks, the games i played sucked, and my aiming sucks. Best thing that came out of it was one overkill but it's not even that great. Just lucky that the other team all ran up the ramp together.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDeputyMoonman/video/17551054/

Strider

So my team went up 1-0 in Assault on Tyrant then a teammate of mine took the ball and broke out of the map with it.... sigh

Please fix.

Top Bottom