• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider

So they are using single elim for this weekends last chance qualifier for Pro league.... :/

I know it's just qualifiers but still.... Single elim should be left behind for good.

nillapuddin

Halo 6 idea:

I hope Warzone Assault gets expanded upon

Maybe with revive and bro spawning (essentially just completely rip off Rush and Conquest)

I just enjoy the BF style play too much to think it could only work in BF.

I really like the idea of helping my teammates with revives, health packs, spotting, spawn point, etc and not necessarily by only killing. Obvious it would be more "casual" but idgaf. clearly the competitive people are getting what they want, might as well just keep casting that wide casual net and hope to get as many players as possible.

I feel like if adapted it could create a fun experience in Halo, Im not saying have all the equipment that BF does, but I would be interested how the basic stuff like Revive, Repair Tool, Ammo Box, Spawn Beacon at the least would work.

You know what would I wouldn't like? Halo 6 having 3 Warzone maps, less than 10 Arena maps, several of which include Breakout or some other new mode they Forged maps for, and no BTB maps if they don't build on top of H5's multiplayer. Having to start over while we still could use a server browser, an improved theater and several other features would be a poor decision in my opinion. I remember a while back some saying, "You can't just bring everything into the next game" and I get that, but that's assuming they didn't make the decision early on to make H5's multiplayer a platform.

The gears are already in motion for Halo 6, the decision whether to make H5's multiplayer a platform has been made, so we'll eventually see what they have planned for Halo's future. I'm just itching to hear something on that front, maybe at E3?

343 is still going to have a tough time going into Halo 6 because there are people who bought into the 20+ maps thing, many of which are just Forge maps, fans who think they catered too much to the hardcore, fans who were expecting something more from the story, etc. Fans don't forget, and they don't easily forgive, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle the marketing this time around, especially with what happened with Locke/Hunt the Truth in the live action trailers lol.

You know what would I wouldn't like? Halo 6 having 3 Warzone maps, less than 10 Arena maps, several of which include Breakout or some other new mode they Forged maps for, and no BTB maps if they don't build on top of H5's multiplayer. Having to start over while we still could use a server browser, an improved theater and several other features would be a poor decision in my opinion. I remember a while back some saying, "You can't just bring everything into the next game" and I get that, but that's assuming they didn't make the decision early on to make H5's multiplayer a platform.

The gears are already in motion for Halo 6, the decision whether to make H5's multiplayer a platform has been made, so we'll eventually see what they have planned for Halo's future. I'm just itching to hear something on that front, maybe at E3?

343 is still going to have a tough time going into Halo 6 because there are people who bought into the 20+ maps thing, many of which are just Forge maps, fans who think they catered too much to the hardcore, fans who were expecting something more from the story, etc. Fans don't forget, and they don't easily forgive, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle the marketing this time around, especially with what happened with Locke/Hunt the Truth in the live action trailers lol.
The number of maps has to be the biggest disappointment in Halo 5. Some of the remixes simply are not different enough from their predecessors. Empire and Eden are the worst offenders,and other remixes, while different, are not notably good enough to distract us from the fact that they're remixes. But worst of all is the lack of forge maps being put into the slayer and team arena playlists. It's obvious that 343 is not interested in making many new homegrown maps, so what's the point of having an awesome forge map creator if none of the community created maps ever see the light of day in matchmaking?

The number of maps has to be the biggest disappointment in Halo 5. Some of the remixes simply are not different enough from their predecessors. Empire and Eden are the worst offenders,and other remixes, while different, are not notably good enough to distract us from the fact that they're remixes. But worst of all is the lack of forge maps being put into the slayer and team arena playlists. It's obvious that 343 is not interested in making many new homegrown maps, so what's the point of having an awesome forge map creator if none of the community created maps ever see the light of day in matchmaking?
"We have decided with a heavy heart that we will not include forge into Halo 6 due to low community engagement with the mode. I know this must be a big disappointment to the passionate forge community, but to be honest we wouldn't have added your maps to the rotation anyway."

-With love, 343 studios.

Really think infection would be a little bit better if they made it a minute longer cause most of the games I play survivors live a good amount of the times. Love the game type and love playing it with my friends but don't like it when sometimes there are rounds where the two alpha infected don't infect one person. That or up the number of alpha infected by one. Really put the odds Aganist the humans.

Next halo has to turn the graphics up to 11.
/kappa
vidoc easter egg if you can find it
sorry that was mean tashi, forgive me.

If we ban you we only have braxZy left to spam.

Is this an intervention?

images

#baneveryone

If we ban G0SU than who else can represent how not to play halo.
I got an idea but don't now if they still are on here, cough uses stick for sprint cough cough
so G0SU stays as a monument to all of our sins.

I don't recall lol. Why it's so bad using toggle crouch?

Toggle in halo ends up hurting you more than it helps really. Can't pull of certain jumps and crouch strafing. Just overall helps to have it off toggle cause you never have to crouch for long amount of times and it's a lot easier to get out of it by letting off the stick rather than clicking it again.
Edit: honestly it's just a small joke so if you do it's not so much of a bad thing.

Toggle in halo ends up hurting you more than it helps really. Can't pull of certain jumps and crouch strafing. Just overall helps to have it off toggle cause you never have to crouch for long amount of times and it's a lot easier to get out of it by letting off the stick rather than clicking it again.

I use Cod controls, so B is for crouch.
I know it's bad. Maybe it's time for me to try bumper jumper since I almost play Halo for a year now
Kappa

I use Cod controls, so B is for crouch.
I know it's bad. Maybe it's time for me to try bumper jumper since I almost play Halo for a year now
Kappa

Bumper jumper is my go to control scheme for halo five (really cause aim is right stick and everything else just works) but it also works in your favor if you claw your controller. That or have an elite.
But na no judging how you play the game just as long as it feels right for you.

"We have decided with a heavy heart that we will not include forge into Halo 6 due to low community engagement with the mode. I know this must be a big disappointment to the passionate forge community, but to be honest we wouldn't have added your maps to the rotation anyway."

-With love, 343 studios.
oh gosh that would be a nightmare. Let's hope that never happens lol.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I use stick for sprint.
And LT to aim.

Yes, I'm a COD scrub.
I played cod for like 7 years :(

That's what I do as well, but right stick for crouch. I tried using a new scheme but couldn't do it. I'm not really utilizing my elites paddles. Should throw grenade switching on a paddle at least

blamite

I seriously can't believe how few Forge maps are in the rotation. Absolutely nothing for normal arena modes? How is BTB the only non-minigame/Breakout playlist that's gotten any? It's not like there's a lack of quality content to choose from. Just putting two or three maps in Team Slayer and the social playlists would make a huge difference in terms of variety. Team Arena's obviously going to be tough to get maps into, as it should be, but that doesn't mean all the other Arena playlists should be so restricted.

Anybody streaming tonight?
I seriously can't believe how few Forge maps are in the rotation. Absolutely nothing for normal arena modes? How is BTB the only non-minigame/Breakout playlist that's gotten any? It's not like there's a lack of quality content to choose from. Just putting two or three maps in Team Slayer and the social playlists would make a huge difference in terms of variety. Team Arena's obviously going to be tough to get maps into, as it should be, but that doesn't mean all the other Arena playlists should be so restricted.
Absolutely this. Slayer at the very least should be getting constant maps thrown into the mix. Good maps stay, bad maps get tossed and replaced by other new forge maps. The only way I can rationalize it is that maybe 343 was waiting for textures to come out and that soon we'll be getting a lot more forge maps. But there's been no word from the 343 that this is going to happen, so it's more like hoping in vain.

This is why team arena shouldn't be the competitive league playlist. Want to be able to play just purely objective playlist and not have to worry about slayer coming up every other game. Forge maps made by the community should be implemented into each playlist to make all of the playlist to feel a little fresh.

With the amount of effort people put into maps it's a shame they aren't in matchmaking.

nightmare scenario, they give use a bunch of new arena forge maps but only on the 24/7 FFA Swat playlist

blamite

Anybody streaming tonight?

Absolutely this. Slayer at the very least should be getting constant maps thrown into the mix. Good maps stay, bad maps get tossed and replaced by other new forge maps. The only way I can rationalize it is that maybe 343 was waiting for textures to come out and that soon we'll be getting a lot more forge maps. But there's been no word from the 343 that this is going to happen, so it's more like hoping in vain.

The Breakout Forge weekend playlist and subsequent map vote seemed to go pretty well, and then BTB got a handful of new maps without any public testing phase at all... and then nothing until now. Combined with the weekend playlist voting that lasted, like, a month, there've been too many good ideas left behind for seemingly no reason.

This is why team arena shouldn't be the competitive league playlist. Want to be able to play just purely objective playlist and not have to worry about slayer coming up every other game. Forge maps made by the community should be implemented into each playlist to make all of the playlist to feel a little fresh.

With the amount of effort people put into maps it's a shame they aren't in matchmaking.

nightmare scenario, they give use a bunch of new arena forge maps but only on the 24/7 FFA Swat playlist
Yeah, it'd be great if there were just more playlists in general to allow for that. It seems like 343's suuuuuper hesitant about adding more playlists than absolutely necessary, which is totally understandable, but still... I mean it's hard from out end to tell how much they should be doing since there's no real population numbers to look at, but it seems like there should just be more in general.

The Breakout Forge weekend playlist and subsequent map vote seemed to go pretty well, and then BTB got a handful of new maps without any public testing phase at all... and then nothing until now. Combined with the weekend playlist voting that lasted, like, a month, there've been too many good ideas left behind for seemingly no reason.

Yeah, it'd be great if there were just more playlists in general to allow for that. It seems like 343's suuuuuper hesitant about adding more playlists than absolutely necessary, which is totally understandable, but still... I mean it's hard from out end to tell how much they should be doing since there's no real population numbers to look at, but it seems like there should just be more in general.

An unranked forge playlist would be fine by me that was a mix of objective and slayer games. I don't know what the solution is regarding adding more playlists, but i feel that adding new forge maps to the slayer playlists should be a priority right now.

But bravo said that there are millions of us...
:(
gotta imagine the population has gone up abit but only on unranked playlist. Problem is that the ranked ones turn most people off because of the fact that most of the time you get put Aganist people who are really high ranks and such which can kill some peoples experience, though if they made just a few more playlist (team objective, action sack and maybe a third other I can't think of) than maybe it could get the population to be constant for a good while.

TCKaos

They should just do what Nokyard suggested and have two rotating playlists that replace Swat, Grifball, and Infection - Action Sack/Double XP (Grifball, Infection, Swat, Warthog Sumo, whatever) and Community Map Playtesting that rotates gametype every week.

Maybe one week they test the Team Arena fixes, then next week they test some Team Arena community maps, then maybe some BTB maps, then Infection maps, ect. That way they have an avenue that they can use to playtest maps and settings as well as a way to more easily populate the super fun time gametypes (according to Nokyard when Grifball was a monthly playlist it would get thousands of players, but when it was made a regular playlist it would max out at like 200).

So hey, maybe they could have caught Antifreeze before it happened. Remember when they advertised Antifreeze as one of the headliners for their updates? Remember? Ah, man, those were the days.

Glass

Watching Doom footage, I really hope Halo 6 takes shooting feedback up a notch.

The actual shooting and feel of guns in 5 is great, but the feedback from enemies is non existent, its all rather sterile. Promenthean soldiers just stand there as if nothing even's shooting them at all. Covenant need to have sprays of crazy coloured blood coming off them. When I use a shotgun on them I want the visuals to reflect that. Right now it's all non existent.

nillapuddin

I wish they would just man up and make Halo multiplayer a yearly paid service

..Ive been saying this since reach, one of these days its gunna come true

jem0208

I know you're probably just talking about aesthetics but Empire and Eden are probably the two most different remixes. They play completely differently.

Top Bottom