• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I know you're probably just talking about aesthetics but Empire and Eden are probably the two most different remixes. They play completely differently.
I know they play differently, but visually it's still the same map to me with a few changes here and there and a minor cosmetic makeover. I just brought it up because i really really would like something truly new. Forge maps so badly need to be pumped into the slayer playlist. I'd take the cage at this point :p

Sordid

Still getting some matches with delay/folk teleporting when searching through focused

26k9Td7.gif

Wish we could just choose data centers 😑

I know you're probably just talking about aesthetics but Empire and Eden are probably the two most different remixes. They play completely differently.

Still getting some matches with delay/folk teleporting when searching through focused

26k9Td7.gif

Wish we could just choose data centers 😑

Same here. Im about to go back to balanced csuse these matches in focused are sweatier with teleporting spartans.

What a time we live in. People are actually asking for Forge maps in ranked playlists.
You have to admit though that forge maps in halo 5 are light years ahead of what we have had in previous halo games. Im legit looking forward to playing on them.

Also, I played a game of warzone assault on stormbreak and randomly got put on Ozzy's team. We got wrecked lol. Only so much you can do with bad teammates.
totally kidding! But the rest of our team was pretty suspect

wwm0nkey

Watching Doom footage, I really hope Halo 6 takes shooting feedback up a notch.

The actual shooting and feel of guns in 5 is great, but the feedback from enemies is non existent, its all rather sterile. Promenthean soldiers just stand there as if nothing even's shooting them at all. Covenant need to have sprays of crazy coloured blood coming off them. When I use a shotgun on them I want the visuals to reflect that. Right now it's all non existent.

if Halo kicks up the speed maybe we can get boss fights as good as DOOM too, one of the best parts of the new game imo

On the topic of Doom.

This is genuinely the first game in the modern era after sprint got standardised that I feel it nails the need to NOT have it.

Everything just clicks (in SP) but for Halo to go back to, it's not just a matter of just disabling sprint, they'll have to look at speed, jump, aiming, shooting and how it all interacts, frame per second etc and bring all that up to modern standards before we can go back to no sprint.

It seemed good at first :(

I was so excited too. Played a couple and tried to see any difference. Then teleporting and delayed shots happened... and kept happening. It really is just a preference to match your skill.. ahem, guess i should be an onyx then since i always go against them huh!? :p......

:(

RIP Quality connection for Halo 5: Guardians, an Xbox One exclusive.

Fuchsdh

If everyone was moving at Doomguy speeds we wouldn't need it, hell the sprint button is the walk button in DOOM lol

Really though at least for Halo SP I would love to see faster movement, bosses and non-linear level design.

Well, all the indications is that the Halo 5 campaign was going to be far more nonlinear so I don't think you have to get your hopes up that far that we might see elements of that in H6.

BizzyBum

I don't even think I want Halo 6 to be drastically different. I'd be perfectly fine if it's the same as 5 but with way better graphics and a shit ton more content at release.

wwm0nkey

I don't even think I want Halo 6 to be drastically different. I'd be perfectly fine if it's the same as 5 but with way better graphics and a shit ton more content at release.

I want the campaign to be different at least in terms of speed and level design

Karl2177

You have to admit though that forge maps in halo 5 are light years ahead of what we have had in previous halo games. Im legit looking forward to playing on them.

Oh, definitely. If you would have told me 5 years ago that we want more Forge maps in matchmaking, specifically ranked matchmaking, I would have laughed.

Still don't see why we can't have a community playlist. Reach had one.

So many good maps and you can't play them unless you want to set up customs.

The only time we had a community playlist was Breakout. FUCKING BREAKOUT.

link1201

I never minded forge maps. I just want good maps. I prefer dev maps but forge ones can be quite good too.

I am surprised the original forge map is still there. It's grown on me but it seems as though there has to be better ones by now.

You take a break from Halo, complete UC4, then dabble into its MP, and realize how lucky we are to have something like H5!

It's a golden age to be a halo fan. Been a long time since we've had it this good and in the grand scheme of things I have very little to complain about with this game. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts, who knows if they can repeat the feat with Halo 6.

jem0208

It's a golden age to be a halo fan. Been a long time since we've had it this good and in the grand scheme of things I have very little to complain about with this game. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts, who knows if they can repeat the feat with Halo 6.

I think with such a strong base in H5, 343 will absolutely nail H6's multiplayer. Some small refinements to the gameplay and a tonne of content and H6 will excel.

All I want is THE PIT.

I mean look at this fucking level.

Look at it. The perfectly crafted sniper towers. The wide, flat platforms. The very long long hall. The bumblebee yellow panels. The evergreen camo hall. Wow. Just look at it.

I mean, look at this fucking level! This is a fucking level! THE PIT! WOW.

Holy shit, what a fucking level. Check out that awesome sword room. IT'S INSANE. Why? Because it's the fucking PIT.

Fuck guys, I need to take a break. Wait a second, JUST KIDDING. THE PIT! THE PIT! THE PIT! U S A! U S A! U S A!

All I want is THE PIT.

Look at it. The perfectly crafted sniper towers. The wide, flat platforms. The very long long hall. The bumblebee yellow panels. The evergreen camo hall. Wow. Just look at it.

Holy shit, what a fucking level. Check out that awesome sword room. IT'S INSANE. Why? Because it's the fucking PIT.

Fuck guys, I need to take a break. Wait a second, JUST KIDDING. THE PIT! THE PIT! THE PIT! U S A! U S A! U S A!

Too bad, you get this and you'll like it!

Why is the SR still so abundant in Arena? It's seriously a HUGE blemish on such a stellar sandbox.
Pretty sure they made the plasma rifle to replace it. Rips shields and not health as intended. They can still have the storm rifle on the map in a single neutral location.

Ramirez

Pretty sure they made the plasma rifle to replace it. Rips shields and not health as intended. They can still have the storm rifle on the map in a single neutral location.

Yea I noticed that earlier when I used it on Stasis. The TTK on the SR is absolutely insane and can basically turn the tide of any fight with minimal effort, hate it. Even at mid range it shreds you.

All I want is THE PIT.

Is that a Minecraft version of the upstairs in Guardian? What is going on in this post?

Ramirez

I like the Pit but I think it lends itself way too heavily to standoffs.

Only because of garbage ass motion tracker. MLG Pit was amazing.

It's also funny that Overwatch is about to release and sell gangbusters...and it has no radar to speak of, lol.

The people can handle it 343!

Trup1aya

I know many of you are adamantly opposed to Radar do to its ability to slow the game to a crawl, and it's tendancies to reward players for camping with CQC weapons.

Well Pro Ryanoob posted this video about exploiting radar mechanics in a a way that allows for an alarming about of mobility while staying off the radar.

This should actually allow player to get the jump on would be campers, especially those who are totally reliant on radar.

I plan on incorporating this into my game, and looking more closely at what whether or not my favorite pros are showing up on radar when navigating these maps

https://youtu.be/DWufNfFNPF4

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I know many of you are adamantly opposed to Radar do to its ability to slow the game to a crawl, and it's tendancies to reward players for camping with CQC weapons.

Well Pro Ryanoob posted this video about exploiting radar mechanics in a a way that allows for an alarming about of mobility while staying off the radar.

This should actually allow player to get the jump on would be campers, especially those who are totally reliant on radar.

I plan on incorporating this into my game, and looking more closely at what whether or not my favorite pros are showing up on radar when navigating these maps

i just came to post this. legit had no idea about some of these things and it should help quite a bit.

belushy

Banned

I'm loving that more and more pros are starting to put up content, even if it is just stream highlights. Ryanoob is going an extra mile to do tip videos so I hope he gets the exposure for it.

Motion tracker gimps movement too much and is unnecessary for multiplayer. Halo doesn't need it. What they should do is change it to sprint/shooting-based at least until the players who think they want it are ready to put down the crutches and A D A P T

EDIT:
Video shows how you can stay off the radar without sacrificing movement...

Radar probably isn't needed, but people like it. Higher skilled players should be able to all but nullify its effect on map movement, as seen in the vid.
I've always known about that, but it doesn't make any actual difference to the flow of matches. You still need to appear on motion tracker to go into the slide because you have to sprint, do you not? And sure it can be helpful in some instances where you're just crouching and jumping to use momentum off ramps, but again.. it makes no actual difference most of the time as players are so aware of their surroundings already.

Motion tracker as we have it in H5 still hurts gameplay more than it helps.

Trup1aya

Motion tracker gimps movement too much and is unnecessary for multiplayer. Halo doesn't need it.

Video shows how you can stay off the radar without sacrificing movement...

Radar probably isn't needed, but people like it. Higher skilled players should be able to all but nullify its effect on map movement, as seen in the vid.

Top Bottom