• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Defect

Just played the worst Slayer match ever. It was Empire and everyone fucking used Storm rifles while camping around corners. Gun needs a nerf badly.

blamite

Speaking of Halo 3, the GOAT video game trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZGGIdpfEM

It's really never been beaten.

As much as I like Halo 5, and as much as I look forward to new Halo stuff, none of it will ever make me hyped the way I was for Halo 3. The release of that game had a magic that no other game will ever recreate.

I'm in the company now. Wat do?

Kill enough Prometheans to pick up the slack of the 90 or so people who aren't killing any?

BraXzy

I'm in the company now. Wat do?

Harness the power of the hive mind.

Seen on Reddit.. Halo Easter egg in a Star Wars comic.

a6oRo91.png

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
As great as it is I find it ironic that people give 343i so much crap for Hunt The Truth being misleading and praise Halo 3, even when Halo 3's ad campaign was extremely misleading and arguably did not live up to the Believe campaign.

Good point.

mo60

Just played the worst Slayer match ever. It was Empire and everyone fucking used Storm rifles while camping around corners. Gun needs a nerf badly.

I don't think I have ever played a match like that on that map. Maybe they need to make the gun overheat a bit quicker or prevent people from firing it in bursts.

belushy

Banned
Lol what a dumb decision even the missuccess with liquid was better than his success under the optic brand.

Im interested in what Liquid does from here. Do they make APG the captain and let him build his own team? Maybe they leave Halo completely :/ Pretty sure C9 is already over Halo again after picking up Assault's team for one event lol

wwm0nkey

Just watched The Fall of Reach..... How the fuck do you end that in the midway point of the book? Was good until I realized that was the whole thing.

EYEL1NER

Woah that's also a very cool story EYEL1NER thank you for sharing it with us, also if I understood correctly you are a member of the armed forces right? I'm not from the USA but I have huge respect and admiration to the people that are in the military forces, also I have one cousin on the United States Air Force :)
I used to be, got out back in 2012. The last three and a half years saw me working on a base as a contractor up in Northern Greenland though. After getting out I went up there to the middle of nowhere and worked. It must have been in the first H5 OT that I posted back in December about how I was home on vacation and loved the minimal time I got to play Warzone but that I was leaving again to go back up there with limited internet and was bummed that I would be unable to play for months. It did suck, because another guy that was on vacation at the same time got back and had been playing Halo 5. He was like "How'd you like that Halo 5, huh? I'm sure you bought that, no?" I told him "Man, for the last couple days that I've been back, all I've been thinking about is playing more Warzone and I'm stuck up here where you and I can't even play split screen." I meant to use that time to run through the entirety of the MCC so I could start the H5 campaign but instead I finished up AC: Unity and completed AC: Syndicate. I don't know when I'll get around to the H5 campaign, but I never finished H4 on 360, so that is the only one I would HAVE to play to catch up.

EDIT: Also, WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Finally got the Achilles armor!
EDIT2: It looks like there are four vacancies in the GAF company still but I'll wait until I wake up in a few to submit a request in case there is a queue waiting to be accepted. If I still see a vacancy in the morn, I'll apply

Madness

Lol what a dumb decision even the missuccess with liquid was better than his success under the optic brand.

True. But I think with Naded, and some solid grinding. We can see OpTic move from the HCS basement to top 5 now. By time pro league starts you know Naded and Ace going to get thousands of new followers etc.

Though you're right. Liquid was the stronger team. I have yet to see any team that will challenge CLG again any time soon.

I can't find a good spartan company. I'm just a Platinum so nobody wants to accept me. I guess i'm no good at Halo. Kind of sucks but the game is basically telling im no good at it, and the community hasn't been good to me. I'll just put it on my shelf, but it was OK.

I wonder how much teams have to factor in for player marketability or sponsorship demands e.g. key sponsor willing to sign $$$ team contract for Naded joining etc. It might not all be about a winning team or player.

IHaveIce

Banned
True. But I think with Naded, and some solid grinding. We can see OpTic move from the HCS basement to top 5 now. By time pro league starts you know Naded and Ace going to get thousands of new followers etc.

Though you're right. Liquid was the stronger team. I have yet to see any team that will challenge CLG again any time soon.
I can't see them on top of the new nV squad, Renegades, Liquid or even the new Denial/Crowd Pleasers.. of course nowhere near CLG or EG.. which would rank them 8th.. and that obly if Cloud 9 doesn't grind or other teams surface.

Also 343 are repeating their mistakes they are waiting too lobg to announce proleague details.. can't wait witness the next clusterfuck cause of 343's inability to give out details in advance and plan everything through

I can't find a good spartan company. I'm just a Platinum so nobody wants to accept me. I guess i'm no good at Halo. Kind of sucks but the game is basically telling im no good at it, and the community hasn't been good to me. I'll just put it on my shelf, but it was OK.

HaloGAF still has some spots up.
Or you can join us at Team Frankie HAIL LORD FRANKIE.

Just hang around this OT works too we have Warzone groups on Saturdays.

im_dany

This is a little bit off topic but I wanted to share it with you guys because this means a lot to me I finally got the Halo 3 Legendary edition, when Halo 3 launched in 2007 I was 12 years old and I didn't knew too much about pre orders etc
so when I tried to go with my mom to get it as a birthday present (my birthday is on November 27th but I have always received the presents from my mom early :p) it was out of stock everywhere instead I got the standard edition which
I'm 100% grateful she has always been there for me :)

Anyway now that I'm 20 years old and I have my work and my own income I was able to buy it in perfect conditions with the discs sealed, the box and the box protection and of course the helmet and it's bag
I always tell to my subscribers on my channel that nothing is impossible and that if you work hard you can achieve anything and I say the same thing to you HaloGAF ;)
here is the proof, I'm very happy and proud about my H3 LE :')

Now here are some pictures thank you for your attention enjoy!:

Congrats!

I was 13 when Halo 3 released, but wasn't big into games except for the most mainstream ones here. I bought a X360 2 months before Halo Reach released and bought the limited edition (not the legendary).

Now I'm planning to find old LE I missed. I own MW2 Prestige, Ghosts Hardened, Mass Effect 2 LE, Halo Reach LimEd, Halo 4 LimEd, Destiny LE. I'm looking for Titanfall LE, Fallout NV LE, Mass Effect 1-3 LE, Reach Legendary and Halo 3 Legendary but they're not easy to find here and shipping from US costs (and X360 being region-locked would make me not able to play the games).

Who would be the best pro in the game?

I personally think lethul is head and shoulders above the rest, I think he is the complete package from his excellent accuracy, decision making, movement and calm communication.

Thoughts?

I personally think lethul is head and shoulders above the rest, I think he is the complete package from his excellent accuracy, decision making, movement and calm communication.

Thoughts?

Still Walshy

Doesnt even play the game and still pro

Now that's skill

IHaveIce

Banned

Thoughts?
He is someone that reasonates with a team really well and improves everyone around him, he is a great allrounder though his stats aren't the best most of the time.

Though the CLG roster combined is the best H5 team without question, hard to single somebody out.

Loomba

Thoughts?

Royal 2 is the best slayer, Snakebite the best all rounder.

Then Lethul imo

I have not had anywhere near as many emails as I would have liked boys and girls. To all you regular HaloGAFers, I expected better.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

Now, SPAM the email with your latest and greatest.(quote to reveal)

I would appreciate if someone can try to bring the 'tage up at least once every couple of pages in an effort to get everyone involved.

Much love!

Loomba

FYI Sikamikanico the email is shown if you hover over the text... maybe because it is an actual email?

Might want to change it.

I have not had anywhere near as many emails as I would have liked boys and girls. To all you regular HaloGAFers, I expected better.

I would appreciate if someone can try to bring the 'tage up at least once every couple of pages in an effort to get everyone involved.

Much love!

Check your inbox (again).

IHaveIce

Banned

Much love!
I sent like 5 clips in one mail I think there is enough by me right? I mean I have more..

Hmm, I'll try to play multi team more for some clips. I just have a hard time getting anything decent in Slayer. Premades and playing against people as good or better than me makes it hard.

Hmm, I'll try to play multi team more for some clips. I just have a hard time getting anything decent in Slayer. Premades and playing against people as good or better than me makes it hard.

Heh, it's definitely the case that my good clips come more from BTB/Warzon/Multi or playing Team Arena with low-rank friends than playing Arena solo :D There I'm just happy if I break even!

m23

It's really never been beaten.

As much as I like Halo 5, and as much as I look forward to new Halo stuff, none of it will ever make me hyped the way I was for Halo 3. The release of that game had a magic that no other game will ever recreate.

Yeah, I don't think any other game will ever get me as hyped as Halo 3 did. I would go out and buy any magazine that had Halo 3 info like that one EGM issue. Good times.

Much love!

Found a couple of clips I didn't upload, so I sent them!

Detective

Much love!

I've sent you one :D

Top Bottom