• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

what does that have to do with anything

If your playing platinums they wont know the game well enough to abuse these things. So you wont notice as much.

I'm not saying the game is broken, fixes are EASY

only 2 SMG or 2 SR's on maps, not 4. Change every tier 1 weapon to respawn 30-45 seconds from 20. Eliminate tier 2, there still power weapons what is the point of having them on the map just without a weapon pad?? You're telling me the Hydra isnt a real power weapon after the buff made it ridiculous? Now we have shotguns and hydras ontop of all the other 2-3 tier 3 weapons/1-2 powerups on the maps.

You cant fix map design, wait for Halo 6 for that. Also honestly the maps wouldn't be too bad if you make the changes above.

343 going all e-sports!! and having the gameplay the way it is just floors me.

Plasma

Banned
Oh my fucking god 343 whose bright idea was it to give people infinite grenades on a mongoose? Just playing warzone assault and the other defending team was constantly spawning in them and throwing grenades. Couldn't even get in to take out the core because they had both entrances covered.

Oh my fucking god 343 whose bright idea was it to give people infinite grenades on a mongoose? Just playing warzone assault and the other defending team was constantly spawning in them and throwing grenades. Couldn't even get in to take out the core because they had both entrances covered.

#JustGungooseThings

You even get the Pineapple Express medal for getting kills using infinades!

35 gold packs. 1 Dying Star, 1 phaeton helios. So. Many. Rocket. Hogs. 343 y u do dis?

Also, don't get to play much Arena nowadays, but I got to agree with Zeez on a few points. The OP autos problem is highly prevalent on basically every FFA map at high levels too. There's barely any actual fights, just people walking/hiding around with SR and getting first shots.

Trup1aya

Whats balanced about SR beating AR 9/10 times and BR beating Pistol 7/10??

Not sure where those stats are from, but SR v AR is unbalanced. Should be mitigated by having fewer SR on maps, and placing them in more exposed locations. And changing the stupidly short spawn times.

Pistol BR ratio is already mitigated by the pistols ROF and and the lack of BRs on maps. BRs red reticle range is silly though, IMO.

The whole point of having weapons on map is that they provide some sort of upgrade. That said none of them are "challenge enemies at will cards". Good positioning, mobility, accuracy, and effective use of grenades and melee can even any odds. That's what's great about the franchise, and I feel it's more true now than it has been in recent entries.

Edit: unless we're talking about FFA. That gametype deserves different weapon placements

Well, to make the Mongoose less pointless for passengers in Warzone, but yeah it's pretty silly in certain situations.

gaf is a strange place. not seeing what the fuss is about regarding br in btb or motion tracker. if things come down to a vote guaranteed both of these stay in.

im finding the multiplayer to be fun but i wont be playing much once gears4/titanfall 2 hits. its not as addictive as h2/3 for some reason even though its probably at least just as good. the maps are not as great and i think its down to sprint and verticality.

35 gold packs. 1 Dying Star, 1 phaeton helios. So. Many. Rocket. Hogs. 343 y u do dis?

Also, don't get to play much Arena nowadays, but I got to agree with Zeez on a few points. The OP autos problem is highly prevalent on basically every FFA map at high levels too. There's barely any actual fights, just people walking/hiding around with SR and getting first shots.
Man, if you call all of those rocket hogs in in sure we can average like, 1 kill per use! Wow!

gaf is a strange place. not seeing what the fuss is about regarding br in btb or motion tracker. if things come down to a vote guaranteed both of these stay in.

im finding the multiplayer to be fun but i wont be playing much once gears4/titanfall 2 hits. its not as addictive as h2/3 for some reason even though its probably at least just as good. the maps are not as great and i think its down to sprint and verticality.
BTB would be much better with AR pistol starts though.

why? Everyone would just run 5 feet to the closest br at the start of match anyway just like all other halo games. Magnum has improved since i played the beta but at mid/long range i still prefer br and this is the rante lots of engagements happen in btb
Because the pistol is actually serviceable as a starting weapon, it's a good utility weapon. There would be much more map movement without having to be worried about getting immediately pinged by anyone the sees you from long range. Moving to pick up BR's and DMR's, etc. is fine.

why? Everyone would just run 5 feet to the closest br at the start of match anyway just like all other halo games. Magnum has improved since i played the beta but at mid/long range i still prefer br and this is the rante lots of engagements happen in btb

Pistol wrecks mate. My evidence? Pro playerssssss.ssssssss. (arena)

Btb can kiss ass.

It would help with map flow and also make vehicles useful. Just watch this video if you want a detailed answer on why it should be pistol starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3EjjDo4VT8

They occur in that range *because* everyone has a BR. There are many times where pushing forward on the map against even a mediocre team is a struggle because BRs are pinging you the entire way. The maps currently in the rotation were *designed by the forgers* to work with AR/magnum starts. They were even tested under those settings before being submitted and they've been begging 343 to change the settings for months.

You should be able to defend yourself off of spawn. That's why previous games everyone ran for the closest BR (aka Bungie are fucking idiots regarding starting weapons). But BRs aren't necessary to achieve this goal in H5. Currently there are only a couple long-range weapons at each base, but they are rarely used because everyone spawns with BRs. They are going to waste with 343's current BTB gametype. This isn't even touching the issue of vehicles being even more fragile because of ubiquitous BRs.

Examples of maps that would have more flow and less stand-offs if we had AR/pistol starts:

Viking, Deadlock, Basin, Scavenger, Altar...

AKA most btb maps.

The BR has such a long effective range that it makes moving around in the open on most BTB maps suicidal, so that you spend way too much time pinging and going to cover rather than in decisive or interesting battles.

The one thing that makes no sense to me is how they encourage crouching. It makes zero sense in a sandbox built for movement. I don't know how many times I'm in a 1v1 and the other player cops out and goes crouch with an auto. There should not be an advantage, radar, ads or otherwise.

Trup1aya

BTB Pistol starts would be better than what we have now. But I'd rather they just decrease the red reticle range of the BR. Then BTB could keeps its BR starts, and I'm 4v4 the pistol could be a bit more effective against BR users.

There's a poll on Reddit regarding BTB Pistol starts. Here are the results so far:

1ccf0693f465c3554da3a9e76fb46363.png

Amazing. Can they hurry up and have a remakes playlist already.
The one thing that makes no sense to me is how they encourage crouching. It makes zero sense in a sandbox built for movement. I don't know how many times I'm in a 1v1 and the other player cops out and goes crouch with an auto. There should not be an advantage, radar, ads or otherwise.
Exactly. Couple that with the crazy strong autos/CQC weapons (which I don't necessarily have a problem with, just the abundance) and you'll see why some are easily frustrated with H5's multiplayer, like Zeez.

I want to jump in and out of action without having people avoid or chase little red dots. Whoever says radar doesn't change gameplay is an ignorant baboon.. ya got that G0SU?? B A B O O N
BTB Pistol starts would be better than what we have now. But I'd rather they just decrease the red reticle range of the BR. Then BTB could keeps its BR starts, and I'm 4v4 the pistol could be a bit more effective against BR users.
There's no reason to nerf the RRR of the BR when there's a potentially better solution to try out first.

Trup1aya

There's a poll on Reddit regarding BTB Pistol starts. Here are the results so far:

1ccf0693f465c3554da3a9e76fb46363.png

Exactly. Couple that with the crazy strong autos/CQC weapons (which I don't necessarily have a problem with, just the abundance) and you'll see why some are easily frustrated with H5's multiplayer, like Zeez.

I want to jump in and out of action without having people avoid or chase little red dots. Whoever says radar doesn't change gameplay is an ignorant baboon.. ya got that G0SU?? B A B O O N

There's no reason to nerf the RRR of the BR when there's a potentially better solution to try out first.

I don't think that solution is better. Because I think the BR is slightly out of balance in 4v4 Arena as a pick up. I think fixing RRR would immediately solve both problems...

But, if that's not an option, I'd be happy with pistol starts also

I don't think that solution is better. Because I think the BR is slightly out of balance in 4v4 Arena as a pick up. I think fixing RRR would immediately solve both problems...

But, if that's not an option, I'd be happy with pistol starts also
Well, one requires changing a gametype option. The other requires a title update, which, if the last few are anything to go by, would just break the game and make it crash even more.

#TheyWereDelayedSoTheyCouldPassCert
#HeyItCompilesThatsGoodEnough

shoreu

I'm getting INSANELY tired of the brain dead gameplay Halo 5 promotes. It's literally get a SMG/SR or BR/Carbine and charge straight at/challenge people. Half of the fault lies with the tier 1/2/3 weapon system and the other half with the segmented, halway/square room map design. "Back to equal starts!!!!" "oh we forgot to mention every gun on the map is easier/stronger/more useful than your starting weapons" Seriously this shit needs to get fixed, TA preview is a good first step, now make that shit game wide.

dude no that's just not true every weapon including your starting ones have amazing utility. this game almost perfectly balanced.

Trup1aya

Well, one requires changing a gametype option. The other requires a title update, which, if the last few are anything to go by, would just break the game and make it crash even more.

#TheyWereDelayedSoTheyCouldPassCert
#HeyItCompilesThatsGoodEnough

Yeah probably would. I wish they would have gone with the RRR of the previous games to begin with.

Minor complaint though, because I'm generally pleased with the balancing.

Plenty of people have played BTB with pistol starts, so I'm sure it would be fine

Is it, though? Where are people complaining about the BR in 4v4's?

Where aren't people complaining about something?

You see it frequently TB, Waypoint, Reddit etc. there are quite a few people who feel like the AR and Pistol are generally inadequate against the weapons on map. Hell,someone just said as much here few pages back.

Edit: actually a complaint is on this page on this page!

Whats balanced about SR beating AR 9/10 times and BR beating Pistol 7/10??

It's been niche circumstances until H5, now every weapon on the map will rip your face off in a 1v1 and not just power weapons.

I think the fixes are simple, and I don't think the problem is dramatic. I just think things could be a little better.

Personally, we have the best starting weapon balance ever. But I think it would've be closer to perfect if the BR had a shorter RRR and the other autos were less prevalent.

Guess I’ve been winning too much. We can’t be having that, so here are nine losses in a row. I had a teammate go 4-17, however at least he got some kills. My next game I had a SILVER FIVE on my team (when everyone else was Diamond or Onyx) go 0-14.

tumblr_o2oih0KU4L1uysadio1_500.gif

mo60

Decided to finally do my placement matches for the season and I came close to ranking as a gold this season. My CSR right now is Silver 5. I won 7/10 of my placement matches and went almost positive in all of them. The matchmaking gods must love me this season.

So after messing around with the aiming settings more, it feels better when the horizontal axis is higher than the vertical axis. Having both at 10 turned out to be too crazy and didn't feel equal the more I played with it, although better than what it was before the update.

Currently at 10 horizontal and 7 vertical - it feels better this way. I read up on those tests comparing H5's aiming to CE and the results were interesting. The vertical axis is much faster than horizontal in H5, even when the values are equal. It's all confusing, I'm sure, but I think if you're still having issues with the aiming, try making the horizontal axis several values higher than the vertical.

Guess I’ve been winning too much. We can’t be having that, so here are nine losses in a row. I had a teammate go 4-17, however at least he got some kills. My next game I had a SILVER FIVE on my team (when everyone else was Diamond or Onyx) go 0-14.

tumblr_o2oih0KU4L1uysadio1_500.gif

Exactly why I feel Onyx+ levels should be team wins and everything else just individual performance.

Top Bottom