• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

singhr1

Gaming side constantly complains that Halo 5 is mediocre and then also constantly complain about it not coming to PC.

*shrug*

343 is the gift that keeps on giving

Ryde3

I just think everyone who was part of HaloGAF and achieved the armor deserves to stick around for the awarding of the helmet.

agreed! I would hate to get booted after all dis grinding haha!

Took a break for DS3 but I'm back baby! grinded from Plat 1 to Diamond 3 in Slayer, coming for that Onyx this weekend!

jem0208

Fact is, regardless of rank, theres enough good weapons on the map so you dont get owned. If youre not picking them up, then your playing the wrong game. This aint COD that everyone spawns with whatever they want, its halo. I cant believe someone is complaining cause theres too many good guns on the map. Incredible.
It's arguable that with just the pistol were not quite powerful enough off of spawn though. Making it almost a requirement to go find a different weapon to pick up can cause snowballing to happen.

Trup1aya

Man, I'd like to go back and find my post where I totally called Forge coming to Windows 10.

I thought it would happen when Forge launched, but I'm SOOO glad it's happening now.

How many players can be in a forge session together? Won't this mean that PC users will essentially have rudimentary HaloMP available to them?

I fully expect that at e3 they announce Halo5 for PC with crossplay for folks using game pads.

The crowdfunding will know no boundaries...

So i can't wait to see new screenhots of halo 5 in 4k. I wonder if there will be options about dynamic scaling for how forza does it on win10 right now.

IF halo 5 is cross-buy with win 10.. I WILL definetly try it out on my PC.

If they don't announce halo 5 mp for windows 10, they wil have a dark cloud over their head. i can see the future guyzzz

Trup1aya

I'm still selling the gambits. The RP you get now is probably still worth more than the potential RP or XP lost by not succeeding with a boost when you could have used another one with a guaranteed payout.

The (rarer) mission victories I hold onto for GAF playtimes when I have a higher chance.

And yeah, since the update I've seen some delays before my REQ points and packs get added. Hopefully that gets smoothed over.

Yeah, I only ever use gambits when I don't have guarunteed boosts available... I could sell them and potentially get more guarunteed boosts, but it's just as likely that I get more gambits with diminished returns.

NM - Stinkles just dispelled the notion of any Halo 5 MP coming to Win10.

Better unpack the xbox ones boyzz, halo 5 staying on the xbox lol

I agree. However for folks wondering why we don't "just" port the whole game - realtalk:

While I personally believe it's an evergreen masterpiece of whimsy and wonder, it would be a year old by the time Forge released, and given the architecture, cloud, matchmaking, etc etc etc etc differences between platforms, it would be neither trivial to port, nor uncompromised in that process, given it was designed with targeted Xbox One perf in mind to begin with.

Both audiences deserve better than that, as you'll see with Halo Wars 2 onwards, which was designed with Xbox AND PC in mind from scratch and makes the most of each platform's relative strengths.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I agree. However for folks wondering why we don't "just" port the whole game - realtalk:

While I personally believe it's an evergreen masterpiece of whimsy and wonder, it would be a year old by the time Forge released, and given the architecture, cloud, matchmaking, etc etc etc etc differences between platforms, it would be neither trivial to port, nor uncompromised in that process, given it was designed with targeted Xbox One perf in mind to begin with.

Both audiences deserve better than that, as you'll see with Halo Wars 2 onwards, which was designed with Xbox AND PC in mind from scratch and makes the most of each platform's relative strengths.

Essentially, no Halo 5 on PC, but most likely the next Halo's include Halo Wars 2 will be on both platforms.

edit: beaten by scrub lord g0su

Essentially, no Halo 5 on PC, but most likely the next Halo's include Halo Wars 2 will be on both platforms.

edit: beaten by scrub lord g0su

That's LORD COMMANDER to you.
Bring him men.. bring him over here...

Jon-Snow.jpg

Haruko

This is probably the main hiccup to my thought
dream?
that Halo 5 MP could become Halo Multiplayer as a Service going forward...

If they go the Service route, I'd assume they'd want it to be on Xbox + Win 10 too.

Though I suppose that could still carry forward a lot of the H5 content they've made... I just want to keep the gameplay as well.

jem0208

I think they'd have to make some fairly fundamental changes to get Halo mp working well on PC. The lack of varying aim assist and bullet magnetism would mean the balance would be quite different.

Take the sniper for example, that suddenly becomes the easiest and most powerful weapon to use in the game.

Fuchsdh

I think they'd have to make some fairly fundamental changes to get Halo mp working well on PC. The lack of varying aim assist and bullet magnetism would mean the balance would be quite different.

Take the sniper for example, that suddenly becomes the easiest and most powerful weapon to use in the game.

That's why I don't understand the "crossplay with PC!" arguments. Either you force PC gamers to use controllers, or you give them massive advantages, or you cripple a KB&M so that people don't like playing the game.

I am thinking this was slated as an e3 announcement showcasing all the details and release date. Was ultimetly CUT and now shifted to a blog post during e3 week.

Judging off of Stinkles comment, this wont be available until October. You know, for PR sakes up-playing what is available on the Xbox Store/uwp or whatever release after release.

blamite

I'm noticing a lot more people using the "ghost jumping" technique, even at that platinum level.
Radar Warriors, your day of reckoning has arrived.

I've definitely been using it a lot more since that video came out; I always liked the boost-slide-double jump from a movement perspective but I never realized you were mostly invisible on radar during it. I've been doing it way too much just because it's a new thing to try, and gotten killed a few times because of it, but it's also been super useful in a few situations for sneaking up on people. The top part of Fathom especially seems like a great place to sneakily launch yourself to plenty of other places on the map.

Strider

Forge on PC sounds great and I might actually get around to using it now. Kb/m controls are surely amazing...

Also I've been trying to think of a new GT. 'Strider' will never be available :((

Top Bottom