• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

WpR4D.gif

So after messing around with the aiming settings more, it feels better when the horizontal axis is higher than the vertical axis. Having both at 10 turned out to be too crazy and didn't feel equal the more I played with it, although better than what it was before the update.

Currently at 10 horizontal and 7 vertical - it feels better this way. I read up on those tests comparing H5's aiming to CE and the results were interesting. The vertical axis is much faster than horizontal in H5, even when the values are equal. It's all confusing, I'm sure, but I think if you're still having issues with the aiming, try making the horizontal axis several values higher than the vertical.
This is the exact opposite of my anecdotal experience. Horizontal aiming seems faster.

Tonight was one for the books. Halo 5 had no mercy on me. My aim felt off and i was punished for it. I tried to alter and adjust but it backfired on me and i reverted back. Every game played today was lost. Even had my focused preference lose connection from the server. It was quite amazing in the most depressing way. I know nothing.

I fought. I lost. Now i rest.

Samurai G0SU
Lord commander of The HaloGaf Watch

FFS, finally got my damn emblem back. I also unlocked the Emile Legendary one so I will use that for a bit before finally going to my crossed swords.
My moon emblem is not even in halo 5. Very sad lol.

Tonight was one for the books. Halo 5 had no mercy on me. My aim felt off and i was punished for it. I tried to alter and adjust but it backfired on me and i reverted back. Every game played today was lost. Even had my focused preference lose connection from the server. It was quite amazing in the most depressing way. I know nothing.

I fought. I lost. Now i rest.

Samurai G0SU
Lord commander of The HaloGaf Watch
Where are you ranked right now? Are you in diamond?

Madness

I just think everyone who was part of HaloGAF and achieved the armor deserves to stick around for the awarding of the helmet.

I just think everyone who was part of HaloGAF and achieved the armor deserves to stick around for the awarding of the helmet.
I don't mind having been kicked out now, since I'm mainly playing other games. Once Firefight is out, though, I'm gonna be fighting for a spot back in.

There will be blood.

#NoDaysOff #exceptwhenOverwatchisout

I think once E3 shows off the next wave of shit, we'll feel a bit more motivated. I thought Firefight would help, but thinking about it, do we even have anything that requires AI, other than Marines?

blamite

#NoDaysOff #exceptwhenOverwatchisout

I think once E3 shows off the next wave of shit, we'll feel a bit more motivated. I thought Firefight would help, but thinking about it, do we even have anything that requires AI, other than Marines?

Yeah, with Promethean and Covenant kills out of the way Firefight is actually going to be the least productive thing you could do in terms of company commendations, since basically nothing against AI counts for anything. Unless they ended up adding enemy Marine waves.

Anyone else having major problems with the servers lately? 3 out of the last 4 separate times I've booted the game, I've had a Profile Sync Error.

jem0208

Don't kick me!

I finish my exams next thursday so the grind starts back up then. At the moment though I have an exam in less than an hour! Yay...

Trup1aya

I'm noticing a lot more people using the "ghost jumping" technique, even at that platinum level.
Radar Warriors, your day of reckoning has arrived.

My moon emblem is not even in halo 5. Very sad lol.

Where are you ranked right now? Are you in diamond?

Not this season, im hovering at plat 4-5 slayer. I'm going to be gone all next week and into June. so i dont think ill grind myself up to diamond this time around.

I recorded a clip last night that had me lagging out of a game where i teleported into an infinite exploding gernade but it hasn't shown up on xboxdvr yet lol.. sigh

Focused is a load of rubbish; for quality connection!!!!!! (but i get matched up with more plats than diamonds/onyxs it seems) I went back to balanced and had a full team of diamonds demolish me, soooo i went back to focused.. blah

Loomba

I've been playing really solid lately, I think it's a combination of the elite controller, using a decent monitor and sitting on an actual chair and not 20 feet away on a bed.

Pretty much always get over 1 K/D now. Went from Gold 5 to Plat 5 with pretty much no effort. Might try for Diamond this season, but playing Arena solo is just so damn stressful, I played a match a few days ago where we were up +15 then somehow the enemy team brought it back to 48-48 and I'm sure I was close to heart failure lol

I've been playing really solid lately, I think it's a combination of the elite controller, using a decent monitor and sitting on an actual chair and not 20 feet away on a bed.

Pretty much always get over 1 K/D now. Went from Gold 5 to Plat 5 with pretty much no effort. Might try for Diamond this season, but playing Arena solo is just so damn stressful, I played a match a few days ago where we were up +15 then somehow the enemy team brought it back to 48-48 and I'm sure I was close to heart failure lol

Sometimes i'm tempted to play on my 27inch ips lg monitor, cause i really do hate sitting that far away from my little 47inch sammy. IDk though, i dont want to move my xbox one from that set up and i think ther is some latency issue when streaming to my PC that is currently set up on the 27incher.

I dont even know its ms or anything. lol

Loomba

Sometimes i'm tempted to play on my 27inch ips lg monitor, cause i really do hate sitting that far away from my little 47inch sammy. IDk though, i dont want to move my xbox one from that set up and i think ther is some latency issue when streaming to my PC that is currently set up on the 27incher.

I dont even know its ms or anything. lol

I was playing on a 42 inch LG tv and switched to a 24 inch BenQ RL2455HM. Couldn't be happier with it. Moved the xbox into the office and everything just feels smoother all around.

Should give it a go at least sometime.

Haruko

Just a heads up, I changed my gamertag to Haruko this morning.

Working on requesting a matching name change here from a mod/admin.

Fuchsdh

Finally played a game of Flag on Torque or whatever the ice remix of it is yesterday. My first impression was that I was constantly getting shot at from all angles on it. Feels a little too open.

Had a great personal performance moment where I stopped them from getting the winning cap with the flag inches from the stand, at least.

I was playing on a 42 inch LG tv and switched to a 24 inch BenQ RL2455HM. Couldn't be happier with it. Moved the xbox into the office and everything just feels smoother all around.

Should give it a go at least sometime.

Oh shit, just looked up the model numer now
(didnt before cause i got it from my dad when he passed away earlier this year)

it has a response time of 5ms.. what have i been doing with my life?? lol

http://www.lg.com/us/commercial/lcd-computer-monitors/lg-27MP34HQ-B/technical-specifications

LG 27MP34

Oh shit, just looked up the model numer now
(didnt before cause i got it from my dad when he passed away earlier this year)

it has a response time of 5ms.. what have i been doing with my life?? lol

http://www.lg.com/us/commercial/lcd-computer-monitors/lg-27MP34HQ-B/technical-specifications

LG 27MP34

IPS monitors generally have higher response times. However, when it comes to console gaming, input lag is more important than response times. 5ms is fine for console.

Yeah, they made opening pack MUCH more enjoyable...

I'll also probably stop selling my gambit and mission victory cards since they no longer go to waste if you fail.

my ultra rare one went to waste when i lost/

maybe it was a server glitch? req servers always have something going on lol

Trup1aya

my ultra rare one went to waste when i lost/

maybe it was a server glitch? req servers always have something going on lol

Interesting, I think there is some server weirdness that goes on. I don't think it's accurate to say that the cards don't go away. Rather, they come back if you used one unsuccessfully. I'd say it's supposed to return instantly, but sometimes I don't get req points until several games after the fact.

So if the servers are screwed up, you should get it eventually, from what I've seen.

Interesting, I think there is some server weirdness that goes on. I don't think it's accurate to say that the cards don't go away. Rather, they come back if you used one unsuccessfully. I'd say it's supposed to return instantly, but sometimes I don't get req points until several games after the fact.

So if the servers are screwed up, you should get it eventually, from what I've seen.

Ah okay. That makes sense. Ill keep an eye out for them.

If your playing platinums they wont know the game well enough to abuse these things. So you wont notice as much.

I'm not saying the game is broken, fixes are EASY

only 2 SMG or 2 SR's on maps, not 4. Change every tier 1 weapon to respawn 30-45 seconds from 20. Eliminate tier 2, there still power weapons what is the point of having them on the map just without a weapon pad?? You're telling me the Hydra isnt a real power weapon after the buff made it ridiculous? Now we have shotguns and hydras ontop of all the other 2-3 tier 3 weapons/1-2 powerups on the maps.

You cant fix map design, wait for Halo 6 for that. Also honestly the maps wouldn't be too bad if you make the changes above.

343 going all e-sports!! and having the gameplay the way it is just floors me.

Fact is, regardless of rank, theres enough good weapons on the map so you dont get owned. If youre not picking them up, then your playing the wrong game. This aint COD that everyone spawns with whatever they want, its halo. I cant believe someone is complaining cause theres too many good guns on the map. Incredible.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, they made opening pack MUCH more enjoyable...

I'll also probably stop selling my gambit and mission victory cards since they no longer go to waste if you fail.

I'm still selling the gambits. The RP you get now is probably still worth more than the potential RP or XP lost by not succeeding with a boost when you could have used another one with a guaranteed payout.

The (rarer) mission victories I hold onto for GAF playtimes when I have a higher chance.

And yeah, since the update I've seen some delays before my REQ points and packs get added. Hopefully that gets smoothed over.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10.

Halo 5 on W10 is all but confirmed. This is so fucking awesome.

Top Bottom