• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider G0SU

FTFY SMH GET IT RIGHT YOU PLEB!

EDIT: REALITY

there_can_be_only_one_highlander.gif

Yes please. I'd even settle for Containment.

This reminds me, I should check that "H5 Forge Maps" gamertag again to see if there are new versions of the forged remakes to pull down

Containment is nice, there's a really nice forge version already too. Though the authors have yet to update the textures.

A decent Sidewinder/Avalanche just isn't possible with the forge budget, so I'd really like to see an actual re-make. Or a forge world with a sidewinder template. It's the best BTB map for modern Halo. You don't have the same prevalence of cross map firing as the other BTB maps due to its layout.

The best Forge in the entire franchise keeps getting better and better amazing work 343 Industries! :) , also Stinkles are we going to get HW2 news soon? I need it :D

giphy.gif

If they DO do crossplay with a hypothetical PC H5, it should be limited to completely unranked, separate playlists.

Social Crossplay Slayer or Arena
Social Crossplay Big Team
Crossplay Warzone
Warzone Firefight (Should just be innately cross play)
and Campaign and Forge

Trup1aya

That's why I don't understand the "crossplay with PC!" arguments. Either you force PC gamers to use controllers, or you give them massive advantages, or you cripple a KB&M so that people don't like playing the game.

Just match controller users against controller users, regardless of platform.

Let customs hosts allow kb/m v controller. It could make for some interesting handicap gametypes.

Haruko

A decent Sidewinder/Avalanche just isn't possible with the forge budget, so I'd really like to see an actual re-make. Or a forge world with a sidewinder template. It's the best BTB map for modern Halo. You don't have the same prevalence of cross map firing as the other BTB maps due to its layout.

Gotcha. Didn't know about the budget issue with remaking it. I agree with your thoughts on the map.

Damn, i kind of want to actually play HMCC now, haha.

I miss Clique and his throwdowns; it would be cool to have those again and maybe even cycle in an HMCC throwdown once in a while

Welp. I've been banned for 24 hours for quitting one BTB match and then being connection dropped twice in infection.

This is so fucking stupid.

Welp. I've been banned for 24 hours for quitting one BTB match and then being connection dropped twice in infection.

This is so fucking stupid.

I actually quit out of a game yesterday for the first time in a long time. It was on Torque (yuck), the score was like 28-7 before I quit. I had teammates sniping me and they all just played super passive by sniper spawn. I should have just finished it, but I was too frustrated. I was already annoyed by my massive losing streak.

I only got a four minute ban from it.

It's arguable that with just the pistol were not quite powerful enough off of spawn though. Making it almost a requirement to go find a different weapon to pick up can cause snowballing to happen.

I wouldnt mind a better pistol, that being said i think the BR/Pistol start is fine and when i dont have that combo, i rush to pick up something better right on spawn.

im pretty sure this is the way halo has always been played.

why is their so much hate about the forge news...
never will i enter a gaming thread to read about halo.

i really excited for the release. want to forge but never found it practical on the xbox 360 or one. really can't wait and hope these maps finally get implemented into matchmaking

i really excited for the release. want to forge but never found it practical on the xbox 360 or one. really can't wait and hope these maps finally get implemented into matchmaking

Well, most gamers don't really care about Forge. They see Forge coming to PC and yet they don't see the whole game so it makes them upset and disappointed. Furthermore, they don't really grasp how important it actually is.

Akai__

I fucking hate SH with PUGs.

I place Diamond 5, get matched with only 1800 Onyx-Champs, makes sense. "Focused".

That's already pretty bad as is, but these random disconnects and "Attention" warnings every 2nd game are really bad. We couldn't even play customs together (all from Germany btw), because people just teleported and dropped mid-game. Then there is also the current REQ situation with them not loading or showing up 2 games later.

Would really like to know what they did to the servers. :(

Haruko

It's weird to me that when your gamertag is changed your entire game history gets deleted from Waypoint.

That may be a bug... I could swear mine were showing up earlier (and my stats, which also showed on halotracker), but now they aren't...

Things may be a little wonky because of the sheer number of gamertags being renamed in the last 24 hrs.

EDIT: yeah, Waypoint isn't displaying my Halo Gamerscore, Spartan Company status, and stats anymore, even though they were there immediately after my tag changed this morning.

Wonder if signing in to the game tonight will re-sync anything

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I wish they would just lock that thread at this point.

TCKaos

I wish I had a clip of this from my perspective. Basically what happened was I got in to the ghost (which appears to be empty), just barely avoiding death at the hands of a gaggle of random guys. When I did so I somehow skipped the animation entirely and continued playing as normal. Everything appeared to work just fine on my end.

To everyone else when I got into the ghost it teleported me under the map and my Stand, 「SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS」, allowed me to assume complete telekinetic control of the Ghost.

Haruko

It's worse for older stuff. I can only find my old Halo 3/Reach stats on Bungie.net if I use my old gamertag :(

Acc. to a friend who mods at waypoint, if you play an online game (campaign or mp) on the old titles, it should re-sync your stats for them. It'd have to be the real deal though, not HMCC.

Just won't work for Halo 2 since those servers are offline. Those stats are stuck on their original tags

Does anyone know if that warzone req code in the limited edition is tied to the code for the digital game? I already own the game and just bought the legendary edition and want to sell the game download.

Does anyone know if that warzone req code in the limited edition is tied to the code for the digital game? I already own the game and just bought the legendary edition and want to sell the game download.

That code doesnt work anymore I think.

Also, Akai doesn't like Kappa's ;)

So what else to you guys want to talk about? Most of the time it's just us bitching about something (servers, teammates, or whatever) Or it's just someone posting clips.

Sure, I'd love to have more meaningful discussions about Halo and we do that from time to time. However, we pretty much discussed every topic to death.

He's got a point (and it's something I've been noticing too). Literally 1/5 of the thread is just GOSU and Braxzy. And 4/5 of GOSU posts are just shitposting.

Ouch, do my posts realy seem that negative? I'm playing and loving the game on a daily basis. I voice converns regarding the servers time to time, but i didnt think they were shitposting.

WELP.

Ouch, do my posts realy seem that negative? I'm playing and loving the game on a daily basis. I voice converns regarding the servers time to time, but i didnt think they were shitposting.

WELP.

Shitposting doesn't mean negative posts. I have no problem with positive posts either. But many of yours come across as "posting for the sake of posting". That's what I meant by shitposting. You don't get to singlehandedly being almost 1/8 of all posts in the thread by always *actually* having something to say.

No offense, but it gets to the point where I straight up gloss over yours nowadays.

I get what you are saying, but I thinks it's better to have some random posts instead of a death thread.
Opinions. Just don't want to someone leave the thread only because they don't "like the people"

The thread isn't gonna die because a few folks slow down a bit. Random posts are fine, but when it becomes a defining feature of posts, I'd say it's a legitimate criticism.

And who's asking for anyone to leave? Did I say I didn't like GOSU? I just noted an observation and suggested maybe taking a breath occasionally.

I get what you are saying, but I thinks it's better to have some random posts instead of a death thread.
Opinions. Just don't want to someone leave the thread only because they don't "like the people"

Top Bottom