• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

They might mention Forge in the community update. I don't see why they would talk about FF though, still two updates from that.

Ah. I hope its not two away and part of hog wild. Its already ready to go live. It just seems to need some polish is all. Well, from what i could tell from the beta.

Speaking of. The update will probably go live e3 week? Special e3 343i live show at one of those xbox dailies??

Hmmmmm

Edit:

If they can keep forge for win10 a secret, Something they built for dx12, i feel like we might have more exciting news at e3 for halo 5.

Maybe im over excited? Lol

I could see the argument where it is technically more who has the better gunplay skill with pistol. But point of SWAT has always been to mimic the twitch who sees who first game style. I think with thrust as well SWAT finallt gives you better defensive evasion mechanics. Tyrant is pretty much shot in the back spawn gameplay for SWAT but I think BR works best. But I can agree games can get campy with the longer range weapons.

Yeah, but you can swing the BR like a motherfucker and still get a hit, so thrusting doesn't really mean too much. I don't mind DMR SWAT, but the BR feels like it's for little kids after playing with the magnum.

Yeah I'm sick of his shit at this point tbh.

@Haruko: Yeah, it was some him, but dark, kaos, etc. before that game didn't help either. Like our random that just kept getting on the mongoose was actually more helpful most of the time.
I just wasn't having fun in those 2 games against the group we played on sandtrap. It's a bit difficult against opponents that are so greatly superior to me. I can shut my mouth and endure as long as everyone else is doing fine, but when most of the party is like that it's obviously discouraging for all. The deadlock game wasn't bad, just annoying.

Played against some 343 employees in warzone and all they did was spawn banshee after banshee after banshee and other vehicles. What a bunch of sluts.

I just wasn't having fun in those 2 games against the group we played on sandtrap. It's a bit difficult against opponents that are so greatly superior to me. I can shut my mouth and endure as long as everyone else is doing fine, but when most of the party is like that it's obviously discouraging for all. The deadlock game wasn't bad, just annoying.

You weren't doing that bad from what I could tell. I don't expect everyone to play perfect or anything, but to just give up because of a couple bad deaths or whatever, then bitch and moan the whole time and blame the game just rattles my nerves. Not to mention we won that sandtrap game I believe, despite all the whinging.

You weren't doing that bad from what I could tell. I don't expect everyone to play perfect or anything, but to just give up because of a couple bad deaths or whatever, then bitch and moan the whole time and blame the game just rattles my nerves. Not to mention we won that sandtrap game I believe, despite all the whinging.

A very real downer in party chats, sure bitch about things a little as we all do but when you're still winning ease up a bit for the good of everyone else in chat.

A very real downer in party chats, sure bitch about things a little as we all do but when you're still winning ease up a bit for the good of everyone else in chat.

Most of the team was getting outslayed. And we were on the side with the defenders' disadvantage on Altar, but it's an objective match so k/d isn't everything. It does, however, get really obvious once a person's head is completely out of the game and they're just like w/e.

Haven't played Halo in like a month so much has changed is this greatest support a game has seen that's not on PC?

Not really, lots of other games have long, great support on consoles. Blizzard supported Diablo 3 on both PC and consoles well, Driveclub keeps pushing out free updates for very long time.

Zeta Oni

Being able to spawn a vehicle directly in the base on defense in warzone assault is some real bullshit.

Had the full area locked down and seconds to go, but nope, ONI hog spawns in the middle of the damn base out of nowhere.

Plasma

Banned
I've only got 9 more rares to go and then I'm done with silver packs, hurah. Strange thing is I still have 4 common vehicle certifactes left as well (mongoose or gungoose I think) but I've bought a bunch of bronze packs and haven't unlocked them.

Fuchsdh

I've only got 9 more rares to go and then I'm done with silver packs, hurah. Strange thing is I still have 4 common vehicle certifactes left as well (mongoose or gungoose I think) but I've bought a bunch of bronze packs and haven't unlocked them.

Shouldn't you be thankful? :p

Really the best part of opening golds is you don't get any more gungooses. Since I play way more Warzone Assault than the regular mode they would in theory be worth it, since you can just use them as infinite grenade chucking machines and three of them can lock down a core room totally...

...but someone will come along and drive you headlong into your doom. Every. time.

Really the best part of opening golds is you don't get any more gungooses. Since I play way more Warzone Assault than the regular mode they would in theory be worth it, since you can just use them as infinite grenade chucking machines and three of them can lock down a core room totally...

...but someone will come along and drive you headlong into your doom. Every. time.

You're welcome.

Karl2177

So I won't be available on Saturday until the evening, so there won't be a Forge test session then. There's a chance that I could do it on Sunday if people would be up for that, but more than likely it'll be next Saturday.

I want to feature different maps this time, so it would be Nutter's Sanctuary remake and one of nillapuddin's remakes. 3 matches on 3 maps took a while, so we'll see how 3 matches on 2 maps goes. We can still do other maps at the end, but they'll only get 1 match a piece.

Yeah we won which was pretty amazing. I just don't think I'd be able to stand playing that group again is all. I don't blame the game often, it was painfully obvious those guys were much better than me.

It was CTF, our team got the fuck slayed out of them. We snuck a capture and then most of us spent the rest of match not seeing much outside the confines of the base, not by choice. Even a win can be no fun at all.

TCKaos

Sorry in advance for the rant, but I know the people mentioned actually read this thread, so...

Hey folks in my party just now: how about instead of bitching the whole time about dying fast off of spawn and blaming the game and talking over me every time I tried to explain the spawn system to you, you just make a decent callout that we can use to actually prevent the continued deaths being laid upon our team?

God, it was like playing with all of gaming side. Bunch of fucking bitching and complaining without having any knowledge of what you're talking about and then being willfully ignorant on top of that when your party-mates try to be helpful? Nope just repeat the same shit as your last life and expect a different result, then complain all over again. Fuckin' done for the night with that shit.

Yeah I was just having a horrible night. Had a long day and trying to unwind and then going -58 over the course of the next seven games just frustrated the fuck out of me. It just felt like mashing my face up against a brick wall for all of those games where no matter what I did, no matter what advantages I attempted to obtain for myself, I was fighting a constant losing battle. Easily the worst night of Halo I've ever had and the most demoralized I've ever been about it.

I probably should have dropped out earlier as soon as I started complaining, but I figured "Well, how bad can it get?"

That bad. It can get that bad.

Haruko

Yeah I was just having a horrible night. Had a long day and trying to unwind and then going -58 over the course of the next seven games just frustrated the fuck out of me. It just felt like mashing my face up against a brick wall for all of those games where no matter what I did, no matter what advantages I attempted to obtain for myself, I was fighting a constant losing battle. Easily the worst night of Halo I've ever had and the most demoralized I've ever been about it.

I probably should have dropped out earlier as soon as I started complaining, but I figured "Well, how bad can it get?"

It's all good; rough nights happen.

The real highlight of the night was the Mix!Zoojoo chimera dropping our game-tying flag cap into the abyss on Fracture, lol. I was right next to it and I still don't understand how it happened. I wonder if I can still pull it up in Theater.

Hearing them dying of laughter on the mic was the worst and best.

Yeah, when things are going real bad I've simply dropped out of the party and played a different playlist (something dumb like SWAT that I knew I would do at least OK in) for a match. Back in the day I would actually switch to Modern Warfare 2 and then go back to Halo 3 after I cooled off.

Other times it's a matter of knowing when you should stop playing completely. Being tired can totally wreck your performance, and there's no real cure other than coming back later.

-------------

Honestly though, I think current BTB is part of the problem, with it's combination of terrible maps and gametypes, and what appears to be fairly aggressive skill/party matching. Warzone has kind of taken over the big-dumb-casual niche, so that BTB is now more like Jumbo Arena despite being unranked.

If you don't have a more focused mindset, you're going to get #rekt. If people aren't on board with playing like that (which is fine, I get tired of it too), we should play something else or split parties.

Plasma

Banned

So they won't pop up if I buy gold packs? I don't want to blow req points and get gold pack only to get commons.

Top Bottom