• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Gaming Side doesn't seem to get the Forge feature is largely for people who own the game on Xbox One. So they're acting entitled as a result.

Strider

Guy on my team just got a perfection and only did 801 total damage
facepalm.gif

I still don't have a perfection in H5 :(

mo60

facepalm.gif

I only came close to getting a perfection once and that was months ago. It was that 50- -2 team slayer match on eden. I posted a picture of once in one of the halo 5 Guardian OT's.

These level 5 SC comms are taking too long. :(

Hey, someone just put the Buckle Up comm. (Forgot to Pay the Toll) into tier 5. I tip my hat to you good sir.

Only 1020 more to go...

Also, looks like Road Trip might be the last one, not First Strike. Get to it people. You know what to do.

Slowly, but surely I'm plowing through my reqs. Anybody have any experience with this? Is it good or just okay? I unlocked it last night, but have yet to try it out.
79afaTs.jpg

Also, who was complaining about warthog reqs the other day? I kid you not, I've unlocked 5, i repeat, FIVE, legendary warthog certs... Including the fact that I've unlocked all the ultra-rare warthog certs, I only have the woodland and oni rocket hog, and the tundra gauss hog left. Bleah. All the vehicle certs I'll have left after that are the rest of the Mantis and Phaeton certs. So. Close.

facepalm.gif

Sounds like my kind of player!
IAmnuoU.png

Seriously though, that's me lol.
only without any perfections

EDIT:
Hey, someone just put the Buckle Up comm. (Forgot to Pay the Toll) into tier 5. I tip my hat to you good sir.

Only 1020 more to go...

Also, looks like Road Trip might be the last one, not First Strike. Get to it people. You know what to do.
I got 2 buckle up medals last night and 1 first strike :p

Madness

It's not worth it. They are too bullheaded.

No they're not. They know exactly what they are doing. A full retail release of Halo 5 could be announced and you'd get complaining of how it isnt cross play so it sucks, its only UWP Win10, no steam, bring the older games etc.

A lot of the posts are sheer disengenuous and always have been especially in Halo or MS threads.

Montresor

It's nuts that this game is already on OT4. The multiplayer community must be quite robust.

Personally, I stopped after getting the original 1000/1000 but I still loved the game. I'm really only interested in single player in the Halo universe, and I really enjoyed the Halo 5 campaign.

I'm really excited to see what 343 does next. Currently they are doing the following:

1) Working on continued Halo 5 multiplayer support on XB1
2) Working on porting Forge from Halo 5 to PC
3) Consulting on Halo Wars 2, which is being developed by Sega / Creative Assembly

Does that leave them any breathing room / time to work on Halo 6, or dare I say it, some other IP? My brother and I were discussing how successful Killer Instinct is, being a Rare property handed to a different dev. I wonder if there is ever a scenario where Perfect Dark would be handed to 343. Or if 343 would ever work on an original IP.

I finally unlocked the Remembrance visor and was sadly disappointed that it doesn't look bright orange. Just looks red like a couple of the other red visors. My new unobtained and desired visor now is the gold daybreak visor.
The main reason it was so odd too is because we won 50-13 but everyone on the other team still managed more damage than him lol
Did the rest of your team have a lot of assists? It sounds like he was finishing off a lot of kills started by other players.
What aim settings is everyone using now since the new update?
I went back to what I had before the update which is 3 sensitivity and 2 acceleration and I'm still doing poorly in most games. I need halp and suggestions to improve.

It's nuts that this game is already on OT4. The multiplayer community must be quite robust.

Personally, I stopped after getting the original 1000/1000 but I still loved the game. I'm really only interested in single player in the Halo universe, and I really enjoyed the Halo 5 campaign.

I'm really excited to see what 343 does next. Currently they are doing the following:

1) Working on continued Halo 5 multiplayer support on XB1
2) Working on porting Forge from Halo 5 to PC
3) Consulting on Halo Wars 2, which is being developed by Sega / Creative Assembly

Does that leave them any breathing room / time to work on Halo 6, or dare I say it, some other IP? My brother and I were discussing how successful Killer Instinct is, being a Rare property handed to a different dev. I wonder if there is ever a scenario where Perfect Dark would be handed to 343. Or if 343 would ever work on an original IP.

I think in one of the Sprint episodes they mentioned already brainstorming ideas for Halo 6 so I'm guessing it's in development. I sorta hope it's on next gen though.

Ramirez

Dat Lannister emblem. XD

Also, where do I find players as clueless and terrible as in that clip of the week?

*hovers in place 10 ft away with sword*

nillapuddin

most important paragraph

We’ve recently made some changes to the Halo 5 content release plan, which mainly focus on giving a few of the bigger items that were slated for the Hog Wild update a bit more time for finishing touches and polish. As a result, much of the contents of the Hog Wild release have moved to the Warzone Firefight release, which is currently scheduled to drop at the end of June. Warzone Firefight will include the PvE mode with a variety of maps to play on, new game updates and features, Warzone and Arena maps, a plethora of Forge updates (including a new canvas and more), new REQs, and plenty more. We’ll be talking about the Warzone Firefight release – which will be Halo 5’s largest release to date - much more in the coming weeks.

Rofl! I'm not gonna lie, even though I really wasn't and still am not that excited about more warthogs being in the game, I want that sword needler warthog. What do you think the other 3 warthogs are? 2 green and one yellow. Maybe the green ones fire plasma shots lol. Or are we getting vehicle skins?
Of course. It was just an odd scenario that's all. 801 damage is super low for 17 kills lol
Yeah definitely.

Strider

Firefight update is going to be amazing... That's what they'll be showing off at E3 I guess along with the probable announcement of continued dlc content support through the end of 2016 (my expectation). Also Halo Wars 2!

Good times ahead
goodjob.gif
Love this game

Akai__

Needler Warthogs?

Why not just give us Spectres instead with normal Plasma turrets, Needler turrets and maybe Fuel Rod turrets? I mean, the idea is pretty cool, but why does it have to be Warthogs again? It's not like we have 20 of them already. The 4 things on the top are all Warthogs, as you can clearly see the outlines. They also, once again, blurred out the already revealed content, wich is the yellow Warthog with the Tiger stripes this time.

Also, why do I have the feel that the UNSC is now working with the non-radical Covenant on these vehicles and even weapons to defeat Cortana in Halo 6?

most important paragraph

Hmmh... Could be anything, but not gonna get my hopes up for the REQ's until I see what they are. I know Forge content won't disappoint, though.

Of course. It was just an odd scenario that's all. 801 damage is super low for 17 kills lol

That's because damage is super broken. We tested it in a FFA, after ExWife told me about it.

1st player: Only shooting somebody 1 shot.
2nd player: Farming the 1 shot guy.
3rd player: Doing a 5 shot kill.

The 3rd player actually had 0 damage in that game, while he actually should have had the most.

Why not just give us Spectres instead with normal Plasma turrets, Needler turrets and maybe Fuel Rod turrets? I mean, the idea is pretty cool, but why does it have to be Warthogs again? It's not like we have 20 of them already. The 4 things on the top are all Warthogs, as you can clearly see the outlines. They also, once again, blurred out the already revealed content, wich is the yellow Warthog with the Tiger stripes this time.

Also, why do I have the feel that the UNSC is now working with the non-radical Covenant on these vehicles and even weapons to defeat Cortana in Halo 6?

Hmmh... Could be anything, but not gonna get my hopes up for the REQ's until I see what they are. I know Forge content won't disappoint, though.

That's because damage is super broken. We tested it in a FFA, after ExWife told me about it.

The 3rd player actually had 0 damage in that game, while he actually should have had the most.

I dunno why they haven't added any new vehicles. It'd definitely be more fitting.

About that Sword Needler warthog, I was gonna go back and add to my post that it should have been a covenant vehicle. Spectre would work or even a new ghost variant. Ah well.

the 3rd had zero? Even though the person who they shot was killed (by them)? If that's the case, damage is even more useless of a stat than I thought.

We only tested with two people. We shot someone until they had no shields, then didn't kill them. Zero damage dealt. Damage dealt only showed up once the kill was cleaned up.

Akai__

the 3rd had zero? Even though the person who they shot was killed (by them)? If that's the case, damage is even more useless of a stat than I thought.

We only tested with two people. We shot someone until they had no shields, then didn't kill them. Zero damage dealt. Damage dealt only showed up once the kill was cleaned up.

Yeah, we were super confused actually and thought it was the Forge map that's acting up. Then we did the same on Plaza and had the same result. It was all with FFA settings and I don't know if that's any different from Slayer in terms of calculation. I'm gonna try to replicate that tomorrow with some screenshots and even teams, if I have time to get online and my friends are online.

So we will be getting new Reqs before the end of the month.
But only a few and nothing more.
I can live with that. It gives me more time to farm golds, since I'm not playing too much right now.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they don't want to blow their load with new vehicles and want to save some for 6?

Glad Firefight isn't far away. June will be great.

Strider

I don't think that's the case. Going back and looking at the game the total damage done by my team adds up to be about what you'd expect from a Team slayer game going to 50 kills considering it only counts damage from enemies that die.

You most likely encountered a bug with forge or FFA or something... Definitely weird tho. Or perhaps maybe the damage from perfect kills are bugged and don't get tracked properly? There was only 2 perfect kills in the game by my team so overall the damage done by each individual would'nt have changed much.

I definitely don't think the damage stat is "super broken" though.

Edit: oh wait. Actually... Is player health 200 total (100 for shield 100 for health) or 100 total (50 shield/50 health)? lol I should know this smh. Because now I looked at the other teams damage and despite getting 13 kills they managed way more damage in comparison to my team with 50 kills actually. I'm leaning toward that it is super broken now lol

Here's the damage from the game I was talking about fwiw: http://i.imgur.com/1Xfw0Vk.png

I was thinking we should have 5k damage as a team give or take since it only counts damage from killed enemies.. And as a team they should have 1.3k damage? man i dont even know lol I might be thinking about this all wrong.

BizzyBum

Oh wow, I thought Forge PC was just to make the maps, didn't know we can actually play and test the maps in Customs on PC, too.

That is pretty bad ass. Halo 5 might not be coming to PC but with Halo Wars 2 I have a feeling we might be seeing Halo 6 on PC.

Top Bottom