• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

IHaveIce

Banned
I played out of my 10 placement matches for FF in all 10 games at least 1 Onyx... I can't really win against them all the time, I'm not that good.

Really don't understand that at all

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I feel the same way when it comes to thrust. I have sprint on left stick (ayy lmao,) so that doesn't bother me much. However, thrust is a whole another issue that I have that set to B. Like I really should have the paddle for thrust, but my muscle memory if just too strong. Even if I sit them and try to use the paddle, I just end up pressing B. It's just a habit that's extremely hard to break, so I just said fuck. I'm not going pro or whatever.

I'm coming to this realization as well, it is too hard to change

wwm0nkey

Servers have been a mess for reqs and req points since the update, takes entire games before my req points and bonus req packs show up

Karl2177

Cross post between ForgeGAF and here.

testsession-20150528-small.png

So I'm going to be busy for the rest of the day today, so I'll do a Forge session next week. Featured maps are Sacellum by Nutter and Outskirts by nillapuddin.

division-copy.png

I'll also be making more of these bubble things so that when people leave feedback, they can just choose the bubble they want, instead of trying to remember names.

intercession.png
ethereal.png
condemnedalpha.png

Akai__

Did the damage testing again and it's still pretty broken.

FFA:

I depleted the shields of Richkan, Gottschlett farmed him and when Richkan respawned he did a 5SK on me with the Pistol. As you can see, only I was getting the damage awarded.

Slayer:

Same scenario as in FFA, but we mixed up the roles. Results are the same.

Railgun damage in FFA just for fun:

Richkan and Gottschlett both getting 1 kill with the Railgun, while only Richkan gets damage awarded. Note that the damage is even above 100, which I thought shouldn't be the case, since a player has 100 health total (correct me if I'm wrong).

---

The LCQ started btw: https://www.twitch.tv/halo

I don't know any of those team-names.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Anyone know what time the NA LCQ starts? I see Yurop is up now

apparently 11 pst.

waypoint says this though, "See the European story unfold and join Simms, Gaskin, and Wonderboy on Saturday, May 21 at 9AM. And on Sunday, Bravo and Strongside call the action live at 11AM PT. As always, tune in on Twitch.tv/Halo. Best of luck to all competitors!", which makes it sound as if they won't be broadcasting NA day 1...

Haruko

apparently 11 pst.

waypoint says this though, "See the European story unfold and join Simms, Gaskin, and Wonderboy on Saturday, May 21 at 9AM. And on Sunday, Bravo and Strongside call the action live at 11AM PT. As always, tune in on Twitch.tv/Halo. Best of luck to all competitors!", which makes it sound as if they won't be broadcasting NA day 1...

Today's NA matches are going to be player streams, hosted by /halo it seems.

Community Update clarifies:

Europe

Saturday: Watch 16 teams duke it out for the final four spots, starting at 5PM BST / 9AM PT on Twitch.tv/Halo. Simms, Gaskin, and Wonderboy will be bringing you the action.

North America

Saturday: The top 16 teams will battle in group play, with player streams hosted on Twitch.tv/Halo.

Sunday: The top 8 teams will play for the final two spots, broadcasted by StrongSide and yours truly from the ESL studio. Tune in at Twitch.tv/Halo starting at 11AM PDT.

What is this, Strongholds day on BTB? I've played my 5th game in a row of Strongholds and I'm quite honestly sick of it, I'm just gonna quit this and try something else.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finally done silvers! Woooo. Uses my saved Arena packs and got mostly ultra rarw emblems :p. I did gey auntie Dot at least.

Kalentan

Does "Focused" search preference actually work? Cause if my last match is any indication, that would be a lie. I still need to do 5 more placement matches and it placed me against only 1 person who hasn't finished placements while the rest were Gold and Plat.

Again, who thought adding assault rifles to infection was a good idea? its waaaaaay too overpowered and makes the survivors win every round with their AR sniping.

Something needs to be fixed with the zombies here or just go back to shotguns and pistols.

*sigh* Forget it, I'm just not gonna have fun with Halo 5 today.

I think they would slightly work if there was a bigger population pool to pull from. Pretty obvious the game is suffering population wise which is effecting the quality of matches or lack thereof.

F2p at e3 pls

Also I really don't understand all the server issues. 2 years later and 343 still can't get them working 98%? Microsoft employees using Microsoft cloud technology.

Does "Focused" search preference actually work? Cause if my last match is any indication, that would be a lie. I still need to do 5 more placement matches and it placed me against only 1 person who hasn't finished placements while the rest were Gold and Plat.

The only thing that matters is your MMR, not actual ranking, since MMR carries over from last season, typically you'll be playing people at the same skill rank despite some might show up as non-ranked.

Not really. I've realized I can play a group of Onyxs + Champs that either shit on me or I shit on them depending on the game.

Kalentan

I think they would slightly work if there was a bigger population pool to pull from. Pretty obvious the game is suffering population wise which is effecting the quality of matches or lack thereof.

F2p at e3 pls

It's ruining the game for me. It feels like everyday I don't play, the "average" skill cap goes up and up. It's just not fun anymore unless I'm playing on the non-competitive game modes.

Every season of Slayer, it gets worse. I keep getting paired against better and better players, but their rank is still the same as ever (gold and plat.)

At this rate I could only guess that Bronze and Silver will become early seasons Gold and Plat in terms of skill...

It's ruining the game. I love traditional Slayer in Halo... But It's becoming too competitive and I just can't keep up anymore.

It's ruining the game for me. It feels like everyday I don't play, the "average" skill cap goes up and up. It's just not fun anymore unless I'm playing on the non-competitive game modes.

Every season of Slayer, it gets worse. I keep getting paired against better and better players, but their rank is still the same as ever (gold and plat.)

At this rate I could only guess that Bronze and Silver will become early seasons Gold and Plat in terms of skill...

It's ruining the game. I love traditional Slayer in Halo... But It's becoming too competitive and I just can't keep up anymore.

Yep, that is one reason I usually just play Warzone and wait for interesting social playlists. Solo que arena simply sucks balls.

Vico

They moved some of the hog wild stuff to the warzone firefight update.

Big e3 trailer incoming.

Just realized they showed firefight last e3 right!? So it took a year to go live??

Not at all, Firefight was announced in march or something. Wasn't even in a conference.

jem0208

Again, who thought adding assault rifles to infection was a good idea? its waaaaaay too overpowered and makes the survivors win every round with their AR sniping.

Something needs to be fixed with the zombies here or just go back to shotguns and pistols.

*sigh* Forget it, I'm just not gonna have fun with Halo 5 today.

Pistol would be way more powerful than the AR.

blamite

Im the only one who grabs plasma caster..netting kills each time with ease...

I guess im the caster man.

It's definitely much better after the last patch; I could barely do shit with it before but now I' actually choosing to pick it up and getting several kills each time.

They clarified it in the Bullettin. They said the Firefight Update will be the largest to date.

They moved some of the hog wild stuff to the warzone firefight update.

Big e3 trailer incoming.

Just realized they showed firefight last e3 right!? So it took a year to go live??

Oh Ok that makes sense now I'm working on a very important project and I had been a little out of the news thanks guys

Yeah I feel you. The longer time goes on the more hardcore people stay and the more casual people leave. They def messed up the party restriction decision and now it's to late. Also still no social slayer :(

F2p at e3 pls

Also I really don't understand all the server issues. 2 years later and 343 still can't get them working 98%? Microsoft employees using Microsoft cloud technology.

I do believe the population pool is becoming a problem at the higher levels. In Warzone there really isn’t too much of an issue and if you look at Arena, the number of Gold players is staggering. This is from March, but you get the idea. I don’t think Plat and below players are having problems getting games, but the higher you get the more skewed the numbers get. So games start becoming extremely lopsided; playing against parties and playing against people extremely out of your skill level.

It would be interesting if they released Halo 5 for Games with Gold, I mean they would still be making money off of req packs, but I doubt that would happen anytime soon.

RHhp4Fm.png

tootsi666

Soloing in high Diamond is the worst. Feels like matches are decided before they even begin. Either you get rekt by +1800 Onyxs or you destroy with +1800 Onyxs. Focused seems to work well :)

That would mean Firefight was teased before the game even came out lol

Wow i felt like this game has been out forever for some reason. Man time is flying for me.

It's definitely much better after the last patch; I could barely do shit with it before but now I' actually choosing to pick it up and getting several kills each time.

Its like the rockets for me. Im guaranteed easy kills. The aoe of them is amazing. Just 2 are needed to kill anyone nearby. Just like the hydra. Just two rockets get you a kill.

Strider

I'd send invites to people when I'm on for Arena since it seems most people here solo queue buuuuut ya know... In-game SC doesn't show who's online.

RIP

But yea I usually solo queue altho I have a friend getting back into the game and I've been playing with him a good bit lately. Winrate still struggling though lol Game basically matches me up vs these LCQ teams all the time.

I find the slayer playlist to be a little more... forgiving I guess. But I''ve played so much slayer in H5 I really only like objective nowadays. Plus the maps in that playlist are worse.

I'd send invites to people when I'm on for Arena since it seems most people here solo queue buuuuut ya know... In-game SC doesn't show who's online.

RIP

But yea I usually solo queue altho I have a friend getting back into the game and I've been playing with him a good bit lately. Winrate still struggling though lol Game basically matches me up vs these LCQ teams all the time.

Go back to balanced. Lolololololololololololololololololololololololol

shitpost

Edit

Last few games before i go to juarez mexico. Invite me if u wanna play with a pleb who has no sound or mic. Gg

Go back to balanced. Lolololololololololololololololololololololololol

shitpost

Edit

Last few games before i go to juarez mexico. Invite me if u wanna play with a pleb who has no sound or mic. Gg

Juarez? Jesus, why?

But also, are you driving? Wanna hang or get food with me or FAT?

FAT's in El Paso and I'm just north in NM.

Top Bottom