• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BraXzy

I have not had anywhere near as many emails as I would have liked boys and girls. To all you regular HaloGAFers, I expected better.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

Now, SPAM the email with your latest and greatest.(quote to reveal)

I would appreciate if someone can try to bring the 'tage up at least once every couple of pages in an effort to get everyone involved.

Much love!

I sent my clips in a long while back, do you want me to resend it?

Now I know you're on the case with it, I'll make sure it's mentioned :)

Btw the quote to reveal thing only works if you have nothing in between the email tags I think.

Quote to reveal montage email!

I have not had anywhere near as many emails as I would have liked boys and girls. To all you regular HaloGAFers, I expected better.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

Now, SPAM the email with your latest and greatest.(quote to reveal)

I would appreciate if someone can try to bring the 'tage up at least once every couple of pages in an effort to get everyone involved.

Much love!

All of G0SU's clips not being used confirmed.

This matchmaking really bugs me sometimes. This game the score was 6-13 early on, guess who had all six kills? (They didn’t even have any assists.) And it’s not even like there is a rank difference, they just sucked ass.

Screenshot-Original.png

My next game, cool it’s a close match. However, why does it always seem I have to go above and beyond to win a game?

This matchmaking really bugs me sometimes. This game the score was 6-13 early on, guess who had all six kills? (They didn’t even have any assists.) And it’s not even like there is a rank difference, they just sucked ass.

That damage. Nobody else on your team even broke 1,000. That's horrific.

BraXzy

That damage. Nobody else on your team even broke 1,000. That's horrific.

Bronze tier damage output, damn. Didn't think someone could get below 1000 xD

Was that other Diamond AFK or something?

Ryde3

Anyone that has already sent in clips won't need to resend. New clips are a go. :)

Please remind me the best way to send them? I have a bunch that I just view through my Xbox app on my Windows PC/on the console, how do I get them off there?

(thanks ahead of time)

Please remind me the best way to send them? I have a bunch that I just view through my Xbox app on my Windows PC/on the console, how do I get them off there?

(thanks ahead of time)

I don't know if it's the best way, but I just send him a link of the video from xboxclips.com and he can just download the video straight from it.

EYEL1NER

I was looking at my total Halo Gamerscore on my service record on Waypoint and then my service record for previous games, and I just realized nothing shows on there from before Halo CE Anniversary. Right around that time I had to change my gamertag but it stayed the same account. I am assuming that the change in Gamertag is the reason why nothing shows up? If I were to play, say, Halo 3 online sometime soon, would that update anything on their end?

EDIT: Should have googled prior to posting. Per a monitor on the Waypoint forums in an old thread:
If you haven't played any of those games since changing your gamertag, playing a game or 2 while connected to Xbox Live should sync everything back up again. The only exception is that Halo 2 classic stats won't get updated, as the original Xbox Live servers are no longer operational
So I know what I am doing today! Hooking the 360 up and popping in H3 and ODST and then playing some Reach on the Xbone for a while.
EDIT 2: Welp, it doesn't show any of the progress that I did make in H4 either. I was playing offline out-of-country at that time, so I'll be playing some H4 today too I guess.

Strider

I know this video is old but I only saw it recently.

Formal absolutely rekts Lethul in a gunfight. And then one of the weirdest Halo videos ever was made....

Link

The Drake image lolol

BraXzy

I know this video is old but I only saw it recently.
Link

Wow, old or not I hadn't seen that. Amazing!

(thanks ahead of time)

Go to XboxDVR.com or Xboxclips.com , find the clips you think are beast mode and then just copy the links into an email. I recommend putting a quick description of each clip to make Sik's life easier too :)

Like "Awesome 5 man splaser"

Im shocked Ace went with OpTic. I just think maniac and flamesword don't have what it takes. It's probably a great career move though, he'll be sure to gain a lot more followers from the brand and teaming with Naded.

BraXzy

Im shocked Ace went with OpTic. I just think maniac and flamesword don't have what it takes. It's probably a great career move though, he'll be sure to gain a lot more followers from the brand and teaming with Naded.

I think both him and Naded have done it partly for the brand and maybe even to see if they can actually grind and become a good team. Either way they definitely have a lot of followers to gain now.

G0SU
left

is that the pro leauge? are they supposed to be having weekly's?

343 has said as much? i feel like i just read they announced it and went into radio silence

I'm just speculating. All from memory of what i read or heard about it. I thought they would do some weekly stream or something, im not 100% sure.

BraXzy

is that the pro leauge? are they supposed to be having weekly's?

343 has said as much? i feel like i just read they announced it and went into radio silence

Keep hearing that news will come soon but I don't think there's a set date. Might have seen mention of in a week? Idk.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/pro-league

Initially, the league will focus on Europe and North America (and given the quality of global competition, we hope to expand to other regions in the not too distant future) with consistently scheduled matches, at the highest level of play, on a weekly basis. The emphasis will, of course, be on pro play, with recognizable names and teams participating. In addition, the Halo Championship Series: Pro League will also feature a Challenger League – opening up the exciting possibilities of relegation and the opportunity for aspirational challenger teams to knock out Pro squads and replace them in the HCS Pro League standings. The qualifications? Skill and teamwork.

now that i think about it idk if id like weekly streams.

the community update streams are rough. i like the people just...they need a better producer.

a lot of fluff, not a lot of direction.

HCS streams were real nice but even they went a little overlong.

Ryde3

Wow, old or not I hadn't seen that. Amazing!

Go to XboxDVR.com or Xboxclips.com , find the clips you think are beast mode and then just copy the links into an email. I recommend putting a quick description of each clip to make Sik's life easier too :)

Like "Awesome 5 man splaser"

Exactly what I'm doing, along with time stamps cause I've yet to edit them.

Funny enough I'm sending a 4 man splatter! haha

belushy

Banned
I know a few people here are interested in HCS teams but don't have time/the care for searching the new teams. Here are some rumored/confirmed rosters that have a 90% chance of changing since we still haven't heard shit about HCSPL yet.....

nV - Pistola, Mikwen, Rayne, El Town
Liquid - APG, Unlegit, Spartan, Stellur
Optic - Flamesword, Maniac, Naded, Ace
Renegades - Ninja, Victory X, Commonly, Penguin
EG - Snipedown, Lunchbox, Roy, Suspector
Crowd Pleasers - Cratos, Bubudubu, Huke, Shooter
Denial eSports - Contra, Predevonator, Ryanoob, Goofy

I don't think that Denial team will stick but they had decent results scrimming against Crowd Pleasers yesterday.

BraXzy

Exactly what I'm doing, along with time stamps cause I've yet to edit them.

Funny enough I'm sending a 4 man splatter! haha

Yeah but is it an awesome 4 mans platter? :D

I know a few people here are interested in HCS teams but don't have time/the care for searching the new teams. Here are some rumored/confirmed rosters that have a 90% chance of changing since we still haven't heard shit about HCSPL yet.....

Some great rosters on there. I didn't realise how many teams had had shake ups. I've been trying to catch scrims but so many teams are swapping people in and out and not really doing anything 100% serious atm.

Top Bottom