• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Wife and i taking a bus to elpaso then crossing with some relative help.

I really appreciate the offer. :)

If FAT doesn't feel like being a butt (doubtful), we should totally grab some grub on the side of the border my clearance allows me to be on :)

Even if FAT's a butt about it, actually. I mean, you're going to Juarez, so everyone knows it's RIP GOSU.

singhr1

Oh boy, another Halo 5 Gaming Side Thread.

Warning:
I got cancer reading it

I'm glad Akai brought up the #HuntTheTruth stuff.

With The Created growing in power I could see some cool stories being told in the weekly podcast series fashion again. Frankie sounded pretty proud of the success they had with it up to Halo 5's launch... I hope they bring it back.

It got me way more hype than any trailer (maybe besides that intro Cinematic)

Madness

BCOkALy.jpg

God I love teabagging. Me and this other guy played lights out on an assault match and then took turns teabagging a guy who did a final push near spire. Every single Halo game I have gotten these kinds of messages after teabags. Still pisses some people off so much. I love it.

I am so fucking sick of quitters. 7 months post launch and almost every other game has people quitting.
Yeah.. I think Halo 6 might be better off with fewer ranked playlists. They don't seem to be highly received or have settings people like in Halo (ie: no party restrictions, griefers/quitters ruining matches, etc.). Couple that with a server browser and voila, magic ;]

Akai__

I'm glad Akai brought up the #HuntTheTruth stuff.

With The Created growing in power I could see some cool stories being told in the weekly podcast series fashion again. Frankie sounded pretty proud of the success they had with it up to Halo 5's launch... I hope they bring it back.

It got me way more hype than any trailer (maybe besides that intro Cinematic)

Would love an E3 announcement for #HuntTheTruth Season 3 or even a completely different series that has that level of writing and acting.

That Gamingside thread isn't that bad, tbh. There's the usual smattering of hyperbolic nonsense, but by Halo Gamingside Thread standards, it's solid.

Dunno how, since it seems to be another game that takes place in the past. Stranger things have happened though.

Kinda hard to tell. Even if Halo Wars 2 is a direct sequel to Halo Wars 1 (per the official game description), we don't know in which time-frame the game takes place.

Hmm i was just so intrigued by black box, ben mshak and fero and the ultimate ending.

I just want more and i figure that team can think of a way to incorporate it into hw2.

This fucking game. First game today and I lost, whatever you lose some games (even though I had almost 3k damage and my teammates barely broke 1k, but whatever, not a huge deal.) My next game someone instantly quits, the match just fucking started nobody even had kills and someone quits. It's like I keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

If the game play wasn't so good, I would have sold my disc by now.

latest

Only today? Halo 5 hadn't launch and was already a Cod clone

In all fairness, when Smart Scope leaked that was some scary shit.

Definitely ended up working out, tho.

Hey, Halo 5 wouldn't download any updates for me, so I tried uninstalling it. Now it won't even download the game. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Assuming you tried a hard reset... I got nothing. Try contacting support?

jem0208

In all fairness, when Smart Scope leaked that was some scary shit.

Definitely ended up working out, tho.

Assuming you tried a hard reset... I got nothing. Try contacting support?
When that shit leaked HaloGAF melted down.

Still, I fucking called it and no one believed me.

Strider

I saw the leak and thought "This is Fine" lol Probably was the only person tho.

They had already said they were going back to the arena/fair start roots so the faster gameplay with sprint, etc was gonna be fine with me... And of course the game ended up being my fav MP shooter ever.

There were a few of us who weren't immediately opposed to ADS in Halo because we understood that just because it's designed some way in other popular games did not have to mean the same thing for Halo. For example, a decrease to movement speed when ADS. I felt like a crazy person arguing that it doesn't have to be implemented that way, just like how the maps don't need to be huge to account for sprint.

Look at where we are now, no one calls the 4v4 maps huge. Not a single criticism of that. If you were to remove sprint the maps would play fine, especially if the base speed was upped a bit. It's just that once people are locked into one mentality, it's difficult for them to shake the possibility that greater things can come from perceived risks.........

LIKE GETTING RID OF RADAR -- or the very least changing it to sprint/shooting-based.

Why? Lol
So the beta ended up like that leak?
I didn't play it.

Yes it was part of this trailer which was unreleased at that time

https://youtu.be/eFP3FbRJ9uM

Oh and it's because you said 4K and I felt that you were making a joke about the quality and then I said that it was leaked before the Halo 5 Beta but that it was not my own creation, then you said that "I thought It was footage from the beta" and I got all confused hahahaha

Remember the gif of the player with the SMG that threw a grenade while thrusting back? People thought it was a grenade launcher attachment. :p

Anyone watch any of the last chance qualifiers today? I slept all day and missed it, but I did see Optic got the #1 seed for tomorrow. I suspect they'll qualify, but you just never know. Them being in all of the qualifier tournaments has been good for twitch viewership.

Also, despite getting wrecked this morning in my games that I played, I did open a gold pack and get my last powerup certification in addition to another mantis cert. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. Really, I just can't wait until i've got evrything unlocked and i can stockpile weapon reqs. Go into warzone games and not worry about wasting cards and what not. I like what 343 did with increasing the chance to get better reqs. I feel like I'm getting quality reqs on a regular bases now.
rRL2XMz.jpg

EDIT:
So glad we didn't get custom loadouts, perks, weapon attachments, etc. for Arena.
whatever. we need helicopter and air stirke bonuses for getting killing sprees!!!
IAmnuoU.png

Madness

But also ask yourselves what did adding ADS really gain? They didn't capture the CoD audience and the critics instead of making fun of 'old-fashioned' gameplay they savaged the campaign.

Also does getting 1500 RP mean I am done silver and can finally move on to Gold only?

Also does getting 1500 RP mean I am done silver and can finally move on to Gold only?
sort of. I still have a couple of rare loadout reqs that the silver packs won't give me. If I purchase a silver pack i just get 1500 req points back instead. So, just move onto gold packs. Even if I unlock the rare loadouts with gold it won't bother me. I'll just be glad to finally have them out of the way.

But also ask yourselves what did adding ADS really gain? They didn't capture the CoD audience and the critics instead of making fun of 'old-fashioned' gameplay they savaged the campaign.

Welcome to the true REQ grind

I was a cod player before Halo 5.

Gwyn

"Stabilization jets" so it adds some kind of skill doing jumps but i don't think 343 designed the maps with that in mind.

Hard to argue that. I would love for the Pistol's Smart Scope to change to classic zoom or have the option to use optical zoom for certain weapons.
What ExWife said.
I was a cod player before Halo 5.
Is it because of Smart Scopes that you're playing Halo 5, or more due to other factors like the default controls with LT aiming?
"Stabilization jets" so it adds some kind of skill doing jumps but i don't think 343 designed the maps with that in mind.
You don't need ADS for stabilizers.

blamite

Eh, I like the aesthetic of most of the smart scopes, so that's something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Madness

Welcome to the true REQ grind

Yup. Opened all of my Arena req packs I had saved. Just some ultra rare helms and emblems that are just as numerous as Rare damn. I just want the H2 BR as well. Are you completely done req packs?

They didn't need ADS on every gun for stabilization jets. Just saying was a lot of extra work for not much gain.

Hard to argue that. I would love for the Pistol's Smart Scope to change to classic zoom or have the option to use optical zoom for certain weapons.

What ExWife said.

Is it because of Smart Scopes that you're playing Halo 5, or more due to other factors like the default controls with LT aiming?

You don't need ADS for stabilizers.

Yup. Finally get a decent pistol for gameplay and you have to battle the giant display/gun itself to get clear headshot line of sights. I've read a few discussions where people have said it is so pistol shots aren't too easy, but I dunno. Give me the option to use a classic scope or longshot scope if only at level 4-5 and up if need be.

Yup. Opened all of my Arena req packs I had saved. Just some ultra rare helms and emblems that are just as numerous as Rare damn. I just want the H2 BR as well. Are you completely done req packs?

Yeah, I've been done for a while now. Once you've unlocked everything, Warzone is actually less stressful in my experience. Not every REQ usage is as valuable because Golds only cost 4k and Silvers 2k and you can open packs and use REQs like a madman if you like. I usually just open a couple dozen at a time every few days or so and mass sell the stuff I don't want/don't use. Grinding out the XP at this point too, so any XP boosts I can snag are a plus.

EDIT: 2gre just retired. Damn.

It's not only one factor. 3 months before Halo 5 launched I played the MCC and I liked playing all the campaigns and finally know why Halo had such a huge fanbase. In fact, before I bought the MCC I had already watched some videos/stream of H2A MP, and I was really anxious to try it out.
My most played MP on MCC was Halo 4. It had sprint ( in a way I don't like now) and some CODish things that helped me getting through Halo MP, coming from a person that played Cod for like 7 years straight. I liked H2A MP too, but I often did poorly, so I didn't get much into it. Basically some COD factors helped, but I really enjoyed the core gameplay of Halo. It was refreshing for me, having something different and good when I was on a COD fatigue.
Then I started following the Halo 5 hype threads and I got really hyped for the game. It was one of the most anticipated games for me.
When it launched I had some trouble at first, but then it was buttery smooth and I fell in love with the MP, and now don't really want to play other MP than this.
I just whish that my 2 IRL friends could play with me. They played like 2 weeks and only play LOL now SMH.

Sorry for my English

Top Bottom