• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Madness

2gre retiring sucks. Got screwed out of HWC and then with Nemassist leaving and Arkanum putting up the sticks as well couldn't get a team for the LCQ. He can still easily hang with the top pros. I feel he would've been a better pickup for Liquid than Assault was.

The sound of the Beta was really different.
There are changes on the final game that you didn't like?

bvWF2BJ.gif

But also ask yourselves what did adding ADS really gain? They didn't capture the CoD audience and the critics instead of making fun of 'old-fashioned' gameplay they savaged the campaign.

Also does getting 1500 RP mean I am done silver and can finally move on to Gold only?

"was it really worth trying other things when ultimately nobody got out of their comfort zone and actually enjoyed the new mechanics?

oh and on an unrelated note i just finished grinding for tier-2 random cosmetics which represents thousands of games utilizing XP boosters, Spartan Abilities and the Warzone sandbox, time to start working on those gold packs"

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
beta post games celebrations were so dumb. just cause what we got was too low key didn't make spartan whoop whoop better.

Madness

Keep in mind this also came at the time that MCC was a trainwreck that barely worked until the end of December.

Would have been crazy to see a flawless MCC from day one and see if beyond just H2A, a working MCC could have meant we could have seen the Ogres in H1 again and seeing H2 tourneys alongside the H2A season.

Haruko

I want to see like a 30 minute OGRE 2 career montage from Snipetality.

EDIT: and an animated tribute emblem in Halo 5 of a Goat

Fuchsdh

Wow i felt like this game has been out forever for some reason. Man time is flying for me.

Yeah it feels like Halo 5 has been out for at least a year, and in reality it's been less than eight months. Glad that we're going to get post-June support, although at this point just putting out some new REQ packs every so often and sticking in Forge maps into the rotation in and out would be a great investment.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fuck, why do i bother entering and reading a gaming side halo thread?

Yeah it feels like Halo 5 has been out for at least a year, and in reality it's been less than eight months. Glad that we're going to get post-June support, although at this point just putting out some new REQ packs every so often and sticking in Forge maps into the rotation in and out would be a great investment.
It would be a great investment, but at this rate 343 is competing with Zelda U levels of delay in regards to putting new forge maps into the slayer playlist. I know i keep griping about it, but I don't understand why it's taking over 6 months to get new forge maps into playlists on a regular basis. Not infection, not breakout, but their bread and butter playlist - slayer...

Madness

Played a CTF today on Sandtrap. Felt so good. BTB honestly would play much better in H5 with some more of the classic maps and going to AR/Pistol starts.

Last few games before i go to juarez mexico. Invite me if u wanna play with a pleb who has no sound or mic. Gg

If FAT doesn't feel like being a butt (doubtful), we should totally grab some grub on the side of the border my clearance allows me to be on :)

Even if FAT's a butt about it, actually. I mean, you're going to Juarez, so everyone knows it's RIP GOSU.

Yooo! I'm down to meet up for some food! lol

fuck, why do i bother entering and reading a gaming side halo thread?

NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

Not that I've ever teamed up with anyone in the Spartan company in the past... but I have changed my gamertag from 'swinging udders' to 'Blood GuIch', so you'll see that name in the list now.

Please don't remove me :)

BizzyBum

Is anyone here serious about Arena? Trying to find a team to play with. I'm currently Diamond 2 in FFA, I never play play on Team Arena cause I never have a team but feel I can do better with a good team.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

Lol

So glad to be done silvers. Need to treat myself to a gold bundle.

There is only one Spartan Rank and emblem worth a damn :)

the grind back up after all my issues to diamond from gold 2 is hell and still ongoing

Screenshot-Original.png

I’m under the impression people just quit when I’m on their team. First game lost, second game someone quits right at the start. Hmm, this seems familiar, like I just complained about it a few hours ago! Nah can’t be, it’s just bad luck! Third game, someone quits right at the start!

This is turning into a tragicomedy.

I’m under the impression people just quit when I’m on their team. First game lost, second game someone quits right at the start. Hmm, this seems familiar, like I just complained about it a few hours ago! Nah can’t be, it’s just bad luck! Third game, someone quits right at the start!

This is turning into a tragicomedy.

I actually wrote "please quit on me" on your Spartan's back. Sorry bro.

Do you have to be online to view and said save videos? My connection isn't great and I can never view or save my matches. It's so bad of you could imagine getting interesting plays you want to save but can't. Just wondering

Glass

Haha that's awesome!

Summit seems a lot happier since he decided to focus on his stream instead of pro CS GO.

Ha yeah he does. Him and Ninja have had some great H1Z1 sessions recently.

Also hope as soon as Forge drops for PC its running smoothly, all eyes are going to be on it with big streamers like him anticipating it. Will be great if he tries things like Duckhunt and some of the crazy stuff people have come up with.

has ogre ever said which halo he prefers? as far as I know it's 1 and 2 from what he has said to me on twitch but I think he also liked h3 just fine. not sure how he feels the compares 5 to those 3 though

I would rather it be him than the other guys they had at 343 because I know he likes halo in the same way I do (as does walshy) as from what was said in twitch and listening to him talk about what he likes in the games. (map control, slow methodical setups, power weapon set ups etc)

Trup1aya

has ogre ever said which halo he prefers? as far as I know it's 1 and 2 from what he has said to me on twitch but I think he also liked h3 just fine. not sure how he feels the compares 5 to those 3 though

I would rather it be him than the other guys they had at 343 because I know he likes halo in the same way I do (as does walshy) as from what was said in twitch and listening to him talk about what he likes in the games. (map control, slow methodical setups, power weapon set ups etc)

I'd like to ogre2 on board too, but map control, and powerup set ups are still very much a huge part of THIS game. But there's nothing slow about them.

jem0208

2gre's ranking of each Halo: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/1...-experiences-on-1-10-scale/page-3#entry613630

Note that this was back in November so his opinion may have changed.

That said H5 100% revolves around map control and power weapons etc. It's just a bit faster than H3 etc.

2gre's ranking of each Halo: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/1...-experiences-on-1-10-scale/page-3#entry613630

Note that this was back in November so his opinion may have changed.

That said H5 100% revolves around map control and power weapons etc. It's just a bit faster than H3 etc.
I approve of his Halo 1 & 2 rankings. So good. He's also right about radar. I don't know why it's in the pro-league. Would love for it to be out or it to be modified to only show when people sprint or use abilities like thrust.

Madness

Isn't he sitll in AU and hasn't played in a logn time or did he come play h5?

You must be thinking of Ogre1 who retired to Australia and now has a kid. 2gre just hasn't been feeling competing for a while now. Not as hungry, not as fun for him. Getting cut from CLG 3 days before roster lock, losing out on X Games, not having a steady team for HWC, and then Pro League issues with Arkanum retiring and Nem going to Elevate.

Remember Halo 4 messed up the scene so much 2gre and a bunch of pros left for CoD a little while back. It is what it is though. We're all getting old. New generation of players has come as well.

Trup1aya

You must be thinking of Ogre1 who retired to Australia and now has a kid. 2gre just hasn't been feeling competing for a while now. Not as hungry, not as fun for him. Getting cut from CLG 3 days before roster lock, losing out on X Games, not having a steady team for HWC, and then Pro League issues with Arkanum retiring and Nem going to Elevate.

Remember Halo 4 messed up the scene so much 2gre and a bunch of pros left for CoD a little while back. It is what it is though. We're all getting old. New generation of players has come as well.

I guess he wasn't interested in being in the challenger league

In other news Enigma 6 did gods work against CLG last night. So it appears some new stars are rising in Huke and Bubu Dubu

The score was 6-5 E6, then they decided to play 2 new gametypes and CLG won 7-6. Hilariously Cratos says the last two games "don't count"

Akai__

This was some bullshit spawn yesterday: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AkaiGAF/video/17752437#t=15

I can really understand why some people are not calling in power weapons and saving them up for Firefight instead. I always thought that the game needs better REQ stations in the main base. Especially, if you are playing Warzone Assault and the enemy is in the last phase. You are way too exposed to use the existing ones, so you kinda are forced to spawn with the weapon instead. Why not have at least 1 REQ stations in the very back of the base?

Loomba

Waited for someone to get a REQ out of the stand, he got a Jorge's chaingun then I assassinated him then went on to get a Killing frenzy with it haha he must have been so mad.

JaggedSac

Servers have been a mess for reqs and req points since the update, takes entire games before my req points and bonus req packs show up

Yeah, never had any REQ issues until this update.

Waited for someone to get a REQ out of the stand, he got a Jorge's chaingun then I assassinated him then went on to get a Killing frenzy with it haha he must have been so mad.

Lol, good lord.

IHaveIce

Banned
I guess he wasn't interested in being in the challenger league

In other news Enigma 6 did gods work against CLG last night. So it appears some new stars are rising in Huke and Bubu Dubu

The score was 6-5 E6, then they decided to play 2 new gametypes and CLG won 7-6. Hilariously Cratos says the last two games "don't count"
All gametypes they played were the new ones.
But the last 2 were one assault game and one on Stasis where Cratos went negative big time.. so of course he doesn't want them to count

Trup1aya

All gametypes they played were the new ones.
But the last 2 were one assault game and one on Stasis where Cratos went negative big time.. so of course he doesn't want them to count

They were all the new weapon layouts, but the same gametypes. Truth Assault and Stasis are totally new to HCS

But yes, the fact that he went negative big time is very telling

Strider

I think Liquid vs Optic will be the first game on the Halo stream today. I haven't seen a bracket though...

Either way one of the 2 favs to qualify will have to make a good run through the loser's bracket to make it to pro league.

Top Bottom