• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Akai__

You know how they added your Spartan Company in the in-game friends thing? They should totally add a Pro Player section, so people can spectate Pro Players from there.

Nowise10

I really wish the power weapons in Halo 5 has the same spawning as the power-ups on the map. It should be once the weapon is picked up, the 2 minute countdown starts like with the power-ups. It feels really lame that someone can pick up rockets a minute after they spawn, and then have rockets spawn again 60 seconds later.

That or make it so rockets only have 1 clip, and railgun has less ammo. Halo 5 feels that games outcomes are relied to much on the power weapons.

Strider

When Bravo shouts out Halo communities but doesn't mention GAF
mj.png

You know how they added your Spartan Company in the in-game friends thing? They should totally add a Pro Player section, so people can spectate Pro Players from there.

Would be sweet, maybe add some text or a click able link that will launch straight into the twitch app? Maybe some other big streams or content creators?

My buddy keeps getting disconnected from Xbox Live when playing Halo 5.
He is kicked out of the game and lags out of the party.

It's been happening for months.
Anyone ever have this issue?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My buddy keeps getting disconnected from Xbox Live when playing Halo 5.
He is kicked out of the game and lags out of the party.

It's been happening for months. Anyone ever have this issue?

I was getting something similiar frequently. I fucked around with some setting with my router,disconnected the power line adapter and so far so good. Still not 100% sure it is fixed. When I would get kicked I would do a network test and I was getting a 100% packet loss.

Strider

Optic got bopped lol

Maniac talked a whoooole bunch of shit about Liquid when they beat them in a scrim and called them "easy."

That's the context for the bags by the way for those that don't know.

They could still make a run tho

Glass

Man, why is Optic so bad at Halo?

It's a shame, because they'd be a major viewer draw if they weren't so terrible.

I think Maniac is a great slayer but sucks at the objective stuff. He's in his own little world when he plays and the team suffers as a result. Not sure if that's enough to bring down the rest of a team for a display like this though.

BraXzy

French Toast Mafia name is so good.

They mention Anarchy is a veteran like Naded, why hasn't he shown up in H5 till now?

Akai__

Lethul would totally drop something like OpTilt Gaming again. lol

I'm wondering if orgs like Optic, CLG, etc. will actually try to start a PC team for the Forge thing.

Loomba

Just came back to win from being 11-1 down and I got to Diamond 2. I thinks that's me done for the night, because I know for a fact if I play another one we will get smashed lol

I didn't see optic vs liquid but every time I watch optic scrim they suck as objective and rarely time the power ups, yeah they can slay but that ain't enough.

Naded is head and shoulders above the others, you'd think that team would be doing better but they can't put it together when it counts.

I hope they make it through, Naded is probably my favourite pro.

Madness

Man, why is Optic so bad at Halo?

It's a shame, because they'd be a major viewer draw if they weren't so terrible.

Because they are not a good team. Too many egos coupled with hype and not enough grinding. Naded is easily top 5 players in this game, Ace is very inconsistent. But Maniac does well only in LAN's and Str8 Sick was just a whatever pickup.

Individually they may be good, but they struggle as a team. It is what it is. It is also that others are just better. Sort of how CLG is just better than everyone else.

It woild suck if OpTic got relegated to challenger league. Also pretty ironic that of all thr Allegiance players, HWC MVP Naded on verge of not even making pro league. I am a fan of OG and the #GreenWall but you can easily see that when it is scrims versus actual tournaments they struggle against all the top teams.

Unlocking certain cosmetic stuff has been a pain since Halo 3. REQs can take a bit to build up, but there's always Arena.

I'm thinking he means the actual latency involved in the small bits of networking required in opening REQ packs, using XP boosters, selling stuff, etc. rather than the actual gameplay.

Top Bottom