• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Trup1aya

Halo Reach's best gametype. 5vs5 until 75 kills.

I wasn't part of HaloGAF at that time, but they had a party of 5 players, which constantly achieved perfect games. 75-0 and everyone with a Running Riot and Perfection.

Well that explains why I knew nothing of it. Was it a ranked playlist? Were AAs turned on?

Akai__

Really? Damn it was worse than I remember

Yup. Most of us had like a 80+% win ratio, because you could dong all day. Occasionally, you would get 2 good people in Team Doubles, but most of the time it was "please jump off of the map, so I can still get a perfection".

My rank is only Halo 5
Kappa

I think I'm gonna farm RP today.
I have 74 Gold packs left. I have to do it until mid summer.
But Finals :(

Trup1aya

The halo games i enjoy(ed) mp most in..

H5
H2 (until haxxors)
H4
H3
Hreach

H:CE with friends, in person
H2 with IRL friends online
H5 best mechanics IMO but far fewer friends online :(
H3 + ODST the beginning of the end, but we had firefight
H: Reach sick
H4 dead
MCC deader

Yup. Most of us had like a 80+% win ratio, because you could dong all day. Occasionally, you would get 2 good people in Team Doubles, but most of the time it was "please jump off of the map, so I can still get a perfection".

It's surprising that I run into so many people online who like Halo Reach but hate Halo 4. Halo 4 was like Reach 2.0 from where I sit. 343 just ran with the baton Bungie gave em.

Game 1: Shitty connection followed by a drop, nothing lost, was 2-9 either way.
Game 2: Warzone, didn't make it past loading screen.

OK fuck you Halo tonight. Overwatch then.

^ah yes trup.

The og halo ce. It was fun with irl friends but i played the single player 30x more than mp. Legendary runs felt so damn rewarding, until you ran like a lil bitch during the library. Omg...

link1201

I couldn't get into overwatch. It looks nice but I played 3 matches just running around creating ice walls....game is not for me. lol

OT: So probably no stream with this content release since it's so small, huh?

Trup1aya

^ah yes trup.

The og halo ce. It was fun with irl friends but i played the single player 30x more than mp. Legendary runs felt so damn rewarding, until you ran like a lil bitch during the library. Omg...

I had this rich friend whose parents didn't mind the hundreds of feet of cat5 cable scattered around the house. Nor did they mind the dozens of teenagers sleeping over every other weekend. I played an obscene amount of Halo: CE MP.

That said, I still bet I played more of the single player. No other campaign has every gotten that amount of replay out of me. It didn't hurt that my little bro and I would always do co-op runs whenever we had the chance.

Those Fun times will never be replicated :(

Akai__

So, why can't I still switch lobbies with my complete Fireteam? Why do I have to join alone and invite everybody else? And why can't you cancel Custom Game countdowns?

Small changes which would improve the game by a large amount.

It's surprising that I run into so many people online who like Halo Reach but hate Halo 4. Halo 4 was like Reach 2.0 from where I sit. 343 just ran with the baton Bungie gave em.

Not really surprising to me. Halo 4 took the bullshit to an other level. It took way too long to get it right, while Reach always had some classic Halo experiences.

Trup1aya

Not really surprising to me. Halo 4 took the bullshit to an other level. It took way too long to get it right, while Reach always had some classic Halo experiences.

what I'm getting at is what seems like "bullshit" in Halo 4 was an extension of shit people seemed to like in Halo:Reach.

I guess 343i doubled down on the wrong parts of Reach, but what indication would they have that people actually didn't like those things?

I happen to feel like both games are terrible... For the exact same reasons.

I had this rich friend whose parents didn't mind the hundreds of feet of cat5 cable scattered around the house. Nor did they mind the dozens of teenagers sleeping over every other weekend. I played an obscene amount of Halo: CE MP.

That said, I still bet I played more of the single player. No other campaign has every gotten that amount of replay out of me. It didn't hurt that my little bro and I would always do co-op runs whenever we had the chance.

Those Fun times will never be replicated :(

Lan parties were fun. I was working at dominos at the time with 50% off. Pizza halo lan parties for the win!

Indeed good times. I used to mess with my friends and let them have the pistol and whatever else and id just run around with the PLASMA pistol and wreck them. Since it would shoot how fast you could pull the trigger. "Happy halo humping trigger finger" a friend called me... Lol. Heh.. They hated me >=D

Akai__

what I'm getting at is what seems like "bullshit" in Halo 4 was an extension of shit people seemed to like in Halo:Reach.

Perks, kill streaks, even worse AA's like Promethean Vision, spawning with a Boltshot, way too many 1 shot kill weapons and no descoping to name a few.

I guess 343i doubled down on the wrong parts of Reach, but what indication would they have that people actually didn't like those things?

I thought the signs were pretty obvious. If you asked arround in your friendslist, all people would agree that AA's like Jetpack, Camo and Armor Lock completely ruin the game. Several Forums were pretty much saying the same. I know that I can't speak for the whole Halo Reach player base, of course.

I happen to feel like both games are terrible... For the exact same reasons.

They both still are terrible games. But Halo Reach has that additional Megalo, Campaign and Firefight bonus.

Tawpgun

The squad slayer days were fun.

Cleansing BK's was fun enough to make you forget you were playing a really shitty halo game

For me Reach was so bad it was good. Armor abilities, Headhunters, Swordbase, Elite Slayer, non-existent MM, SWAT BTB, and the list goes on.

I just had so much fun with it because it really didn’t take itself seriously.

jem0208

I much preferred Halo 4 to Reach. I just hated bloom, I thought it completely ruined the feeling of the shooting. H4 at least felt decent.

Infinity Slayer in the MCC is actually pretty great IMO.

Karl2177

Halo Reach's best gametype. 5vs5 until 75 kills.

I wasn't part of HaloGAF at that time, but they had a party of 5 players, which constantly achieved perfect games. 75-0 and everyone with a Running Riot and Perfection.
AFAIK there was never a Penta-fection across the entire population. But we sure tried.

I played 3-4 games of wz assault this morning with and against Fats, and we weren't even partied up. Gg's he got to see how bad I am. First game 0 kills 13 assists and 6 deaths -_-

I played 3-4 games of wz assault this morning with and against Fats, and we weren't even partied up. Gg's he got to see how bad I am. First game 0 kills 13 assists and 6 deaths -_-

You're just a team player that's all.

I much preferred Halo 4 to Reach. I just hated bloom, I thought it completely ruined the feeling of the shooting. H4 at least felt decent.

Infinity Slayer in the MCC is actually pretty great IMO.
Bloom sucked. BR felt like a killing machine to me in Halo 4. Much better than Halo 3 BR. I loved it.

Trup1aya

Perks, kill streaks, even worse AA's like Promethean Vision, spawning with a Boltshot, way too many 1 shot kill weapons and no descoping to name a few.

I thought the signs were pretty obvious. If you asked arround in your friendslist, all people would agree that AA's like Jetpack, Camo and Armor Lock completely ruin the game. Several Forums were pretty much saying the same. I know that I can't speak for the whole Halo Reach player base, of course.

They both still are terrible games. But Halo Reach has that additional Megalo, Campaign and Firefight bonus.

I think the forums may have told one story and the player data a different one..

I think a dev that truly had their ear to the pulse of the franchise woulda have been able to discern between the two, but at that point neither 343 nor Bungie fit that description.

With Reach, you had a halo game that tried really hard not to be a halo game, and found a ton of success. So if someone up top determines it was the non-haloesque parts that allowed it to be so successful you might end up with Halo 4 as a sequel.

Damn I forgot about the lack of descope. What the actual fuck were they thinking?

Akai__

That feel when you personally start a game 11-0 in the first 2 minutes or something and the game starts to lagg for no reason. I got 6 kills in the rest of the match and we lost the game 47-50.

Could somebody please revert these servers back to March 2016? Thanks.

That feel when you personally start a game 11-0 in the first 2 minutes or something and the game starts to lagg for no reason. I got 6 kills in the rest of the match and we lost the game 47-50.

Best month ever. Oh, the dream...

Trup1aya

:( also struggling to find matches, dont see how H5 makes it past the holiday lineup unless it goes f2p.

It'll hit games w/ gold before it reaches that point.
But I'd love for them to do something drastic.

I can't believe they haven't done any free weekends or trials... Seems like a no brainer.

What is going on with them? It is getting worse for me each month. Last month my total RP wouldn't start right up and now I have to wait a game or two to receive RP and daily win req cards.

Trup1aya

What is going on with them? It is getting worse for me each month. Last month my total RP wouldn't start right up and now I have to wait a game or two to receive RP and daily win req cards.

It seems to coincide with the memories of reach update. I've never really has any net problems before MoR.

It seems to coincide with the memories of reach update. I've never really has any net problems before MoR.
Right. It definitely got worse with the MoR update. MP games usually play good for me. Not too many bad games, but I feel the servers don't run as smooth as they used to.

Top Bottom