• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BraXzy

I did lol.

Joining the HaloGAF company to get dat helmet? :D

I think it was pretty awesome, haha!

Overkill Splatter

I rate this clip 7 dongs out of 8.

bowling99.gif

Akai__

Really appreciate the few people that complained about the region lock. Thanks for making my experience go from "absolutely fine" to "every 2nd game is laggy" and "you get shots through walls".

And thanks 343i for giving in...

This game could have been so much better, if they actually had those chooseable datacenters.

it's werid, even for where im located, that I notice lag in games too. more so that i know i don't need a follow up shot to confirm the kill. As a second later they will die and i will receive the headshot medal or kill ticker. Done it a couple times in the past few days.

i should try and remember to record a clip next time it happens.

Maybe im in the worse location for a us server? I'd think im in the sweet spot since im in the middle of colorado.

Detective

Really appreciate the few people that complained about the region lock. Thanks for making my experience go from "absolutely fine" to "every 2nd game is laggy" and "you get shots through walls".

This game could have been so much better, if they actually had those chooseable datacenters.

Welcome to my world almost since launch.

Sometimes it runs ok and sometimes not.

25 days into warzone and counting.

I'm also getting a ton more hitching than I ever did before. Like, the game will just freeze sometimes for up to 2-3 seconds. It's happened probably 4-5 times over the past week or so whereas it never happened before that.

Ryde3

Ya I can't believe they caved, it's severely affected players who were OK before and probably did little or nothing to improve for the people that were complaining.

JackHerer

I'm also getting a ton more hitching than I ever did before. Like, the game will just freeze sometimes for up to 2-3 seconds. It's happened probably 4-5 times over the past week or so whereas it never happened before that.

I've been getting this too. The game just hangs for a good second or two and I'm holding my breath expecting it to crash.

Any of you notice when a teammates spawn they stand there for a second before moving. Knowing damn well they aren't afk.

Anyway, i hope they are working on some backend server stuff to improve it across the board.

I should also tell everyone to stop watching netflix/youtube or anything on the pc when i play. lol

Detective

This is what I wanna 343 take a shot at. Or consider it at least.

Take the silent cartographer and transform it into a warzone map. Or something from Halo3. It has big places. Same goes for odst. Many of those game had big open areas.

Make a warzone mode which isn't about bases. Warzone hardcore. Be creative.

Make a hardcore/classic arena big team mode.

Remake some of the most legendary maps from 1-3

Modes with no Spartan abilities.

Really curious to try the beta on the 14th! Personally I always enjoyed 'endless horde modes' more than similar modes with an end goal, but Firefight was always interesting, and I wonder how it will play when it's combined with Warzone REQs!

same. i hope its actually a challenge though. 5 rounds seems possible to always win

Take the silent cartographer and transform it into a warzone map. Or something from Halo3. It has big places. Same goes for odst. Many of those game had big open areas.

Why on Earth would you ever want to play without Spartan abilities lol

Take the silent cartographer and transform it into a warzone map.
Or something from Halo3. It has big places. Same goes for odst. Many of those game had big open areas.

they did.

the beach/jungley warzone map is based on that. that was their inspiration. dont count on them going back to that well anytime soon

So, a WarZone Firefight game should last 25mins at most. 5 matches at 5 minutes each right? All matches have the same length?

Pretty interesting and i'm excited to play it. How many gaf groups will Akai set up? :p

they did.

the beach/jungley warzone map is based on that. that was their inspiration. dont count on them going back to that well anytime soon

Yep.
When it was revealed I wanted them to adapt it for BTB and name it Death Island. Never going to happen.
Final result doesnt feel anything like Cartographer or Death Island anyway, in spite of them playing up that angle before release.

Lren

Finally got around to playing this more over the weekend. Really dig Warzone Assault, find it easier to learn stuff with having a set objective. Didn't do too bad in some rounds either. Excited for Firefight mainly though, one of my favorite modes in ODST so I'm definitely gonna be playing that a lot when the beta goes up.

BraXzy

I've got over a mill in RP waiting for this mode. Together we'll be unstoppable/teabagged by Warden Eternals

Wanna share the love? Typically I sold all my REQs near enough just a few days before they announced Firefight, I'm just gonna have to rely on my sharp aim and pro skills.

This month is so stacked. Please don't kick me out of the Spartan Company!

I'll definitely check out warzone firefight with all of you lovely beasts though.

But other than that, it'll mostly be Dark Souls and this:

Someone posted that gif in another thread so I'm assuming it's not too big

Glass

For the Warzone Firefight stream, they really need to have two people on stream not playing the game at all but keeping the conversation interesting. The discussion and flow of Bravo and co talking grinds to a halt when they all pick up a controller, showing off new maps should be a highlight but is usually one of the more boring parts of the streams.

That said, can't wait to see the footage, awesome trailer today.

Trup1aya

I'll definitely check out warzone firefight with all of you lovely beasts though.

Someone posted that gif in another thread so I'm assuming it's not too big

Where the hell did this gif come from?

BraXzy

Accurate :(

What blue said! I've got my backlog still, then at some point DS3, I still need to play QB *ahem* any time with that PC code Microsoft. Game is gonna be partially dead besides a bit of Warzone beta.

Warzone Beta this weekend and then transitioting to the Gears4 beta on the 18th.
I hope i finish act 4 and 5 in QB before this weekend.

I think overwatch is also have a beta too right?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i've been matching with and against diamonds consistently in my qualifying games and have been holding my own with even or higher K/D and at least a 50% win rate. will i once again be placed platinum?

Detective

NICE! call them all in!

Then get owned by a Grunt weilding plasma pistol legendary boss

hahahahhahah.. That would be epic. looool

I've got over a mill in RP waiting for this mode. Together we'll be unstoppable/teabagged by Warden Eternals

Daaamn. We will destroy the whole map all together.

Bring it own warden. We will stick it. lol

Ive got some of you on my friends list. For those who arnt Feel free to add me. More friends are always welcome:)

ExQuter

Top Bottom