• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Trup1aya

I had the worst game of Team slayer EVER last night. It was on Stasis, and the opposing team just camped in the back of their base for the entire match, only venturing out occasionally to pick up power weapons. Otherwise, they'd have a guy stand in the doorway as a decoy, then pounce on whoever took the bait.

My team was to stupid to stop rushing in, and let them amass a big lead, then they just quit on me...

Why the fuck do those big rooms behind the bases even exist?

Is that really a concern? As in people think I would care or you just wouldn't wanna feel like you were letting the team down if you happened to have a bad game? I really don't give a fuck about people's rank or skill level It's not like I'm great or champion or anything anyway... There's plenty of other posters here better than me.

My only requirement when playing with people is don't be an asshole/rage lol

Good to know. I worry less about it when in a full party. But I hate being that guy that disappoints the randoms. Don't know why it bothers me. But if your ok rolling with a guy who flucuates between gold 4 and diamond 2 every season, I'm willing to roll!

US.. Minneapolis / St Paul and yes lag in every match.

Will try this for sure...

Charter... have had them for 15 years and never had issues with games as consistent as Halo 5.

Probably the modem you have, ogre 2/heinz had the same problem. not 100% sure though obviously.

What time is the preview tourny?

Decided to get back into this game, and it seems like the SWAT playlist only cycles between the same 3-5 maps over and over. Like 3 of which is the same from launch. Do they not rotate the maps at all, especially since launch? Got kind of boring play the same map over and over lol, and was hoping to try others

tootsi666

For those that may be interested yet unaware since this seems to have come up rather suddenly... There is a tournament between the 8 pro league teams starting today and I believe it starts at 5 EST/2 PST

CjkKKufUoAAPN4X.jpg:large

No idea what the format is or anything but I'll tune in most likely.
Online or a real tournament?

Loomba

No idea why golds and onyx players are able to match up with each other. I can't even blame him for going -10.

Of course the gold was on my team though.

Akai__

I was busy getting my Kuro Obi yesterday so I couldn't do Warzone Saturday.

Anybody interested in playing a coupple rounds now? Need to farm an other ~50k for the update in 2 days.

I was busy getting my Kuro Obi yesterday so I couldn't do Warzone Saturday.

Anybody interested in playing a coupple rounds now? Need to farm an other ~50k for the update in 2 days.

I'll be up for playing some, to know my GT just check my gaf profile and hit me up on Xbox when ready.
Finally have an off day and been wanting to get more back into the groove of halo since I've taken some time away from the game.

I had the worst game of Team slayer EVER last night. It was on Stasis, and the opposing team just camped in the back of their base for the entire match, only venturing out occasionally to pick up power weapons. Otherwise, they'd have a guy stand in the doorway as a decoy, then pounce on whoever took the bait.

My team was to stupid to stop rushing in, and let them amass a big lead, then they just quit on me...

Why the fuck do those big rooms behind the bases even exist?
I'm not saying it was radar, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HNNNG, just reading the update.

Warzone Firefight going to be the biggest update? Hawt

Dat Stachey emblem? HAWT

That Aurum pistol skin? H A W T

But ... I need firefight. Faster than end of June D:

Edit: Reading on, the support this game is getting is absolutely phenomenal. The amount of change from when it launched to now is staggering.

IHaveIce

Banned
Why do I always get the people in Warzone that drive around with a Scout Warthog and do nothing.

If you are one of those, please close the game and play Forza

Decided to get back into this game, and it seems like the SWAT playlist only cycles between the same 3-5 maps over and over. Like 3 of which is the same from launch. Do they not rotate the maps at all, especially since launch? Got kind of boring play the same map over and over lol, and was hoping to try others
The lack of forge maps in halo 5's main playlists like slayer and swat is embarrassing. No idea what is going on behind the scenes. The updates each month are great but the experience is so stale playing on the same maps over and over again. Remixes only go so far imo.
Yeah, I really don't want to be an asshole. That's why I pushed the core and wanted it to end.
Much thanks and respect. It sucks to get massacred in warzone, but I appreciate teams that do it quickly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Need some info from people experienced with Xbone voice chat, figured you guys probably know.

I have $300 headphones I use that need to be plugged into an amp to be driven properly. Obviously this is not the same system that most gaming headsets use. I don't have a controller with one of those headphone jack things anyway.

I was thinking maybe I could get a USB mic, but I'm not sure if the console supports those. I would sure hope so, though, since it has no other port for a mic unless the headphone jack on my monitor would do it via HDMI audio, but I have no idea if that works with mics.

I have a basic one-ear Xbox headset that plugs into the proprietary port on the controller, but when I plug it in all the voice audio only goes into the headset. I can't get it to play in the main sound channel to use it with my headphones. This also gives me concerns about how the console might want to use a USB mic.

I'd rather not have to get some shitty "gaming headset" at a massive downgrade from my present headphones for a significantly higher cost than a mic, but the seemingly inflexible setup seems to have been made with those in mind.

I'm not saying it was radar, but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Oh come on. ANY decent team of four regardless of radar will pick a spot and dominate the highest ground or best position if they know a map. And in his case of playing with randoms they had no chance for a counter push. With or without radar a team of four should always do that to an uncoordinated team.

Trup1aya

I'm not saying it was radar, but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Radar had nothing to do with it. Radar or not, it would have been the same results. We knew where they were. They knew where we were. They weren't hiding.

They huddled in a poorly designed room, in a spot where grenades couldn't hurt them. And waited for someone folks to run in.

They were organized enough to cheese a poorly designed room, and my team was dumb enough to keep falling for it.

Trup1aya

I really don't understand the need for "social" playlists either. Everyone wants to win, but social just enables good players to dong on lesser ones. They really don't allow for a relaxed experience for half the playerbase.

That video... lol. A lot of those things would be pretty awesome.

The thing that makes me laugh is imagining someone at 343 trying to pitch a content update containing that many ground-up new assets in a meeting and getting fired on the spot.

Yeah, it's COD: Advanced Warfare
The thing is, AW only had one Ranked Playlist lol
Truly Ranked at least. The other ones had some kind of hidden MMR, but nothing like Halo.

I don't even remember them talking about ranked play lists for AW, ranked or hidden MMR. Outside of Halo and the really competitive games like CSGO and whatnot, you don't really hear about ranks. Not that I've noticed anyway.

That video... lol. A lot of those things would be pretty awesome.

The thing that makes me laugh is imagining someone at 343 trying to pitch a content update containing that many ground-up new assets in a meeting and getting fired on the spot.

I know you're joking, but someone walking up to a sustain team of 20-ish people with a fraction of the launch budget and going "hey let's remake literally everything fans want and put it in an update over the course of 30-60 days of crunch time" is an easy way to lose your seat in the cafeteria

I know you're joking, but someone walking up to a sustain team of 20-ish people with a fraction of the launch budget and going "hey let's remake literally everything fans want and put it in an update over the course of 30-60 days of crunch time" is an easy way to lose your seat in the cafeteria

Yeah, I was more laughing at the person who made the video. I do not fault them for dreaming though. I would kill for just a few of the things on that list, especially the Chopper.

I don't even remember them talking about ranked play lists for AW, ranked or hidden MMR. Outside of Halo and the really competitive games like CSGO and whatnot, you don't really hear about ranks. Not that I've noticed anyway.

You do if you play those games :p
I played AW for almost one year. The ranked system was kinda broken because you would always start at bronze but you would be playing against people of your MMR, resulting in playing against Platinum players while you were Bronze, which resulted in difficulties in climbing.
The social playlists had hidden MMR but after a lot of complaints I think they eliminated that ( not sure actually). You could still shit on people easily

Top Bottom