• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider

that waypoint wrath helmet :O

My first go with the elite controller was hilariously bad. Running around in warzone just getting killed left and right. Gonna take some time getting my brain used to paddles.

Strider

ATOMICJORGE :)

Need the # at the end too for PC.

My first go with the elite controller was hilariously bad. Running around in warzone just getting killed left and right. Gonna take some time getting my brain used to paddles.

Yea it's super weird at first... I was pressing the paddles all the time on accident. I eventually reversed the paddles by putting the right paddle in the left side and vice versa which made them less sensitive which helped me.

Need the # at the end too for PC.

Yea it's super weird at first... I was pressing the paddles all the time on accident. I eventually reversed the paddles by putting the right paddle in the left side and vice versa which made them less sensitive which helped me.

This is my only "fear" with the Elite. The Scuf doesn't have this problem. Maybe they should have done the paddles differently

You'll get used to it. What's your setup?

I've got sprint/crouch on the left paddles and jump/boost on the right paddles (Default control scheme otherwise).

I wish they had customized controller profiles outside of just the Elite. I want LT aiming, but can't be bothered with crouching on anything but the left suck, so I use Recon.

Yeah stick to WZA until you feel ready for Arena

You'll get used to it. What's your setup?

I've got sprint/crouch on the left paddles and jump/boost on the right paddles (Default control scheme otherwise).
Thanks. I'm using bumper jumper so I just wanted sprint and thrust on the paddles. If I can get comfortable with all 4 paddles I'll put weapon toggle and reload on the other two.

You do if you play those games :p
I played AW for almost one year. The ranked system was kinda broken because you would always start at bronze but you would be playing against people of your MMR, resulting in playing against Platinum players while you were Bronze, which resulted in difficulties in climbing.
The social playlists had hidden MMR but after a lot of complaints I think they eliminated that ( not sure actually). You could still shit on people easily

Fair enough haha. I hated Ghosts so I was hopeful for AW, but the mobility options really ruined it for me. Took the concept too far. I think Halo 5 hit the sweet spot.

Now that I think about it, didn't Blops2 have a competitive mode? I don't remember much about it.

Strider

Now that I think about it, didn't Blops2 have a competitive mode? I don't remember much about it.

Yea. I believe that was the first CoD game to have ranks actually.

I had so much fun with BO2... BO3 is alright but I haven't really enjoyed a CoD all that much since.

Lol, Fnigma 6. Shit logo, shit performance

any time Cratos loses is alright with me... although I like Huke and bubu :(

Spamrat?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yea. I believe that was the first CoD game to have ranks actually.

I had so much fun with BO2... BO3 is alright but I haven't really enjoyed a CoD all that much

I think Blops2 was the last one I loved. 3 is just a chore, and the micro transactions suck. Really shows the target audience's age and interests when the victory guy has neon armor and is dabbing.

Fair enough haha. I hated Ghosts so I was hopeful for AW, but the mobility options really ruined it for me. Took the concept too far. I think Halo 5 hit the sweet spot.

Yeah, the best one yet (on cod series)
It only had one problem, like halo, teams would play against lone wolfs.
But if you played with a team of 4, the game would create a team and the ranking was attributed to the team, so you wouldn't be able to climb your personal rank when playing with a team of 4.

Black Ops 1 was the last CoD I played. Well I played a demo for Ghosts and that was sterile garbage. I wish LT+RT twitch shooters would die a painful death.

JackHerer

Just a warning to anybody looking to buy a elite controller and plays with bumper jumper. The bumpers on these are surprisingly crap quality, Definitely worse than the standard ones. I bought 3(!!) of these and they all broke the same exact way. First the jump bumper (left) got a bit mushy. Then it slowly got worse until it had almost zero "click" and then it started falling out.

This happened the exact same way, 3 times in a row. All within 1 month of use...... Ridiculous for a $150 product. The bumpers are just not made for heavy use, and with the way that clamber uses the same button you end up pressing that a ton. Don't really understand how this made it to production. Don't they have those machines that press the buttons millions of times to ensure the build quality of each component and the controller as a whole is up to snuff? They should have caught this..

I recommend a Scuf if you want paddles. I've had my scuf one for over a year and it works just as well as the day I bought it. It doesn't look as nice and the paddles are admittedly not as good but once you get used to them, it does the exact same thing as the elite.

Just a warning to anybody looking to buy a elite controller and plays with bumper jumper. The bumpers on these are surprisingly crap quality, Definitely worse than the standard ones. I bought 3(!!) of these and they all broke the same exact way. First the jump bumper (left) got a bit mushy. Then it slowly got worse until it had almost zero "click" and then it started falling out.

This happened the exact same way, 3 times in a row. All within 1 month of use...... Ridiculous for a $150 product. The bumpers are just not made for heavy use, and with the way that clamber uses the same button you end up pressing that a ton. Don't really understand how this made it to production. Don't they have those machines that press the buttons millions of times to ensure the build quality of each component and the controller as a whole is up to snuff? They should have caught this..

I recommend a Scuf if you want paddles. I've had my scuf one for over a year and it works just as well as the day I bought it. It doesn't look as nice and the paddles are admittedly not as good but once you get used to them, it does the exact same thing as the elite.

I've had my elite controller since they launched and I've never had this issue, nor has anyone on my FL that has them. My bumpers get used nonstop and still have the same click to them as when I got the controller.

Yeah, never had this problem either and I use bump jump. My B button does get stuck every now and again though.

I have the Elite controller since January 6th and I have 0 problems with the controller

I've had my elite controller since they launched and I've never had this issue, nor has anyone on my FL that has them. My bumpers get used nonstop and still have the same click to them as when I got the controller.

My left bumper is loose, part of the reason I haven't played as of late.

IHaveIce

Banned
I have the same problem and am on your FL list. Seems like you didn't send the survey to all of us.

Top Bottom