• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Akai__

The fuck is up with people griefing in Warzone Assault now? People jumping off of the maps on purpose, SC you several times off of important vantage points, etc.?

Fuchsdh

The fuck is up with people griefing in Warzone Assault now? People jumping off of the maps on purpose, SC you several times off of important vantage points, etc.?
I dunno, seems like it's always been a thing, although the worst I've had is usually just the jackass pushing you away from REQ stations.

Loomba

Screenshot-Original.png

Rank officially means nothing

Akai__

End games faster?

We already are. Can't also end it faster, when defending. :/

I dunno, seems like it's always been a thing, although the worst I've had is usually just the jackass pushing you away from REQ stations.

Todays is like really bad. The last game for example... Teammate ran back to the very back of our base, which forced us to spawn next to him instead of spawning us next to the Fortress. He crouched there for the rest of the match with 0 kills and shooting us whenever we spawned next to him. Straight up bullshit.

Don't know if this is an issue that's already been discussed before but anyone else having to wait, at minimum, a good couple of minutes before daily win pack/req points become available to open/use? The process used to be pretty instant but really seems to have slowed down in the past month or so.

Trup1aya

Don't know if this is an issue that's already been discussed before but anyone else having to wait, at minimum, a good couple of minutes before daily win pack/req points become available to open/use? The process used to be pretty instant but really seems to have slowed down in the past month or so.

EVERYTHING req related has been much slower since the memories of reach content drop.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
We already are. Can't also end it faster, when defending. :/

Todays is like really bad. The last game for example... Teammate ran back to the very back of our base, which forced us to spawn next to him instead of spawning us next to the Fortress. He crouched there for the rest of the match with 0 kills and shooting us whenever we spawned next to him. Straight up bullshit.

Wtf is wrong with people.

Akai__

Wtf is wrong with people.

Of course he also gives my buddy and me the standard responses like: "lol", "to troll people" and "for fun". These idiots should be just banned.

But I also kinda have to blame the spawning system. Why are we actually spawning on him? That seems silly for this exact reason.

Of course he also gives my buddy and me the standard responses like: "lol", "to troll people" and "for fun". These idiots should be just banned.

But I also kinda have to blame the spawning system. Why are we actually spawning on him? That seems silly for this exact reason.

A Battlefield 4-esque system letting us form battle squads for spawning in on our bros co-op style would be helpful. Considering the nature of Warzone, should be beneficial.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Would you grab a quick clip from the match showing the person and their ganertag and send it to me?

Akai__

It's definitely been mentioned in this thread before. Someone said backing out to the main menu screen and opening the req pack store from there helps and that has been working for me.

Back out to main menu and re-enter Arena/Warzone menu. That makes it work for me. Though you'll be doing it after every game unless you'd rather just wait.

EDIT: Loving the random disconnects during an Infection game that wastes my boost cards.

Need some info from people experienced with Xbone voice chat, figured you guys probably know.

I have $300 headphones I use that need to be plugged into an amp to be driven properly. Obviously this is not the same system that most gaming headsets use. I don't have a controller with one of those headphone jack things anyway.

I was thinking maybe I could get a USB mic, but I'm not sure if the console supports those. I would sure hope so, though, since it has no other port for a mic unless the headphone jack on my monitor would do it via HDMI audio, but I have no idea if that works with mics.

I have a basic one-ear Xbox headset that plugs into the proprietary port on the controller, but when I plug it in all the voice audio only goes into the headset. I can't get it to play in the main sound channel to use it with my headphones. This also gives me concerns about how the console might want to use a USB mic.

I'd rather not have to get some shitty "gaming headset" at a massive downgrade from my present headphones for a significantly higher cost than a mic, but the seemingly inflexible setup seems to have been made with those in mind.

I don't think a USB mic will work, but can't you set the chat audio to come through your headphones (I think they finally enabled it for party chat, at least, or was that just Twitch?) and just have the Xbox headset as the mic?

Xbone audio support has been kind of crazy compared to the 360.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
man fuck my internet. its shit on me 3 games in a row. i'm full tilt.

I have the same problem and am on your FL list. Seems like you didn't send the survey to all of us.

It must have gotten lost in the mail.

I recorded the clip, but it's not showing up online yet. I'll update the post once the clip is showing up online.

Here is the link to the game in question. Maybe you could bookmark the whole clip from there? His Gamertag is Vora Kai Konar.

Thanks btw. Much appreciated.

Reuploaded the clip: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AkaiGAF/video/18051608

There's someone doing this every other game of WZA in my experience. My team will lose to a bunch of scrubs because we can't spawn close enough to be effective, or we have to win while outnumbered on the core defense phase.

The real question is why these people's location affects my spawn at all, especially in WZA. What base we hold/select should be the only consideration, but both warzone gametypes suffer from this idiotic spawn influence problem.

Akai__

There's someone doing this every other game of WZA in my experience. My team will lose to a bunch of scrubs because we can't spawn close enough to be effective, or we have to win while outnumbered on the core defense phase.

The real question is why these people's location affects my spawn at all, especially in WZA. What base we hold/select should be the only consideration, but both warzone gametypes suffer from this idiotic spawn influence problem.

People must be really bored. Not sure why else they would log into a game like Halo and do this stuff. They could probably have more fun by actually trying to win instead of being straight up an asshole.

And yeah, like I mentioned in the other post... Not a huge fan of spawns in Warzone.

People must be really bored. Not sure why else they would log into a game like Halo and do this stuff. They could probably have more fun by actually trying to win instead of being straight up an asshole.

And yeah, like I mentioned in the other post... Not a huge fan of spawns in Warzone.

Yeah. I mean, they have to actively do this shit. It's not a passive tactic. All for what? Saving a couple minutes from the RP grind? So dumb.

After playing through DOOM I'm thinking about moving the black eye skull into my normal assortment of skulls. Also thinking about dropping to Heroic and turning on mythic to compensate, so I can afford to play more aggressively. Also wish you could disable revives without using the iron skull.

Top Bottom