• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

EYEL1NER

The holiday yesterday keeps making me think that yesterday was the end of the month and that ranks were resetting today. I thought I had missed placing in anything; I meant to play something besides Grifball and WZ last week but I just got Battlefield 4 and Elder Scrolls Online and I found that I really enjoy both, so those have taken up a lot of my time. I guess it is still May though so I have time to grind out a placement in something after I pick my daughter up from school in a couple hours. I'm not quite sure why the drive to do it is there, since my ranks aren't anything to brag about and I don't use the emblems, but maybe it is because I started in March and don't want to miss a month now, I don't know.

Quick gif of my Empire SH experience every single time:

778wENU.gif

related

Trup1aya

Firefight Update better have Reach mini-nuke REQ's!!!

Not sure why they moved the hill from outside to pit again. It just played so much better. The SH in pit makes me want to know how the map would play with no grenades at all. Seriously, it's just a grenade spam fest.

Empire SH is my least favourite map and gametype combination in Team Arena now that they have removed all the other terrible ones.

Makes way more sense, but even then you would get double naded pretty quick, I think. :/

I just don't think the map works particularly well for SH, even when the hill was outside.

That made the gametype painfully slow, and left the entire pit/tower area useless, as there are no clear sightlines to outside.

I wonder how it would work with Blue/Red yard and Tower 2 being the capture points.

Have a great idea for a Spartan Company for Halo 6. "Less than Full" Basically a company that gets great players but only runs 6-8 of them at a time. Running 12 mans was fun for a little bit, but its literally just a gigantic waste of time. People RAGING when you finally do lose, and straight up steamrolling kids 90%+ of the time. Has sucked all the fun out of Warzone for me personally, but everyone else refuses to run unless you have like 10+ people.

It's way more enjoyable and slightly challenging with 6ish people, and you'll still be able to get a 75% win %. Definitely regret all the experiences for other players I've ruined since launch. Seriously probably made 100+ people quit H5.

Have a great idea for a Spartan Company for Halo 6. "Less than Full" Basically a company that gets great players but only runs 6-8 of them at a time. Running 12 mans was fun for a little bit, but its literally just a gigantic waste of time. People RAGING when you finally do lose, and straight up steamrolling kids 90%+ of the time. Has sucked all the fun out of Warzone for me personally, but everyone else refuses to run unless you have like 10+ people.

It's way more enjoyable and slightly challenging with 6ish people, and you'll still be able to get a 75% win %. Definitely regret all the experiences for other players I've ruined since launch. Seriously probably made 100+ people quit H5.

Thanks
At least you realized that.

Hog WIld could have at least added new BTB maps and took out the likes of Antifreeze. Terminal Strongholds and Danger Canyon (Hazard Valley) would have been great.

link1201

Hog WIld could have at least added new BTB maps and took out the likes of Antifreeze. Terminal Strongholds and Danger Canyon (Hazard Valley) would have been great.
I agree there's got to be better maps out there that could be used. I hope they add and keep adding/rotating them in.

Karl2177

I agree there's got to be better maps out there that could be used. I hope they add and keep adding/rotating them in.
Since they went the StarCraft route with seasons, it'd be nice if they also took the map rotation cycle into effect also. I don't want to see Discord IV Antifreeze 7 seasons in a row. It's crazy that there's so much community content, yet hardly any of it has been rotated in.

link1201

Since they went the StarCraft route with seasons, it'd be nice if they also took the map rotation cycle into effect also. I don't want to see Discord IV Antifreeze 7 seasons in a row. It's crazy that there's so much community content, yet hardly any of it has been rotated in.
I agree 100%!

What there is no patch? That means the stuff are already in the client?

I just don't think the map works particularly well for SH, even when the hill was outside.

That made the gametype painfully slow, and left the entire pit/tower area useless, as there are no clear sightlines to outside.

I wonder how it would work with Blue/Red yard and Tower 2 being the capture points.

Empire should just be Assault and CTF.

Antifreeze shouldn't be in any season. :p

It's crazy that there's so much community content, yet hardly any of it has been rotated in.
This needs to be posted every day. Since the hog wild update was purely reqs, 343 could have at least thrown a bunch of new forge maps into the rotation. Hey look at these cool new textures we added in forge! Too bad youll never see them in matchmaking...

This needs to be posted every day. Since the hog wild update was purely reqs, 343 could have at least thrown a bunch of new forge maps into the rotation. Hey look at these cool new textures we added in forge! Too bad youll never see them in matchmaking...
It's just not fair..

singhr1

Its probably a tedious process of 343 playtesting community maps, finding issues, reporting issues, waiting for creator to fix issues, retesting the map, finding more issues, etc etc

Update btb maps, introduce social 4v4 arena playlist with forge maps, introduce action sack

IHaveIce

Banned
Naded was never a good fit for OpTic. His ego has definitely grown and a lot of the Allegiance former players couldn't wait to leave the team.

Well doesn't help that 2 of the Optic team are absolut bums. Maniac and Ace are just busy living on Optic's cost in the house staying all nights up and listen to music instead practicing like Naded wanted it more to happen.

If the rumours are true that APG replaces Naded, well this won't end well.

Strider

Alright just got all the new reqs. Who would be in for a Warzone lobby of Warthog shenanigans in a little bit...?

Probably around 7:30 Eastern

Karl2177

Its probably a tedious process of 343 playtesting community maps, finding issues, reporting issues, waiting for creator to fix issues, retesting the map, finding more issues, etc etc

Update btb maps, introduce social 4v4 arena playlist with forge maps, introduce action sack

It should be what the Cartographers are for, but that entire process is muddy for no good reason.

Hey, did they fix the exploit where you can use the AI kills gambit in Warzone Assault? I've tried using it three times and each time my REQ energy glitches for the first level, and then it's never redeemed or active.

Trup1aya

Naded was never a good fit for OpTic. His ego has definitely grown and a lot of the Allegiance former players couldn't wait to leave the team.

He carried Optic into the Pro league. If it weren't for him, optic and the #greenwall would be on the outside looking in.

It wasn't that he wasn't a fit for Optic, optic wasn't a fit for him. he was in search of perfection, and the other guys seem content to coast on the strength of their viewer numbers. Their work ethic appears to be pretty pathetic. Assualt and Maniac just lounging around at all hours of the night, cancelling practices. And their coach Flamesword had scheduled hair appointments, shopping trips, and went for carry-out in the middle of the LQC. They are laughable unprofessional, and I can see why Naded would rather leave then be embarrassed all season by teams that actually want to be the best in the game.

Also, from what I gathered from maniacs stream he (naded) pretty much stopped giving post match input as it was a bitch fest.
Just looked like he wasn't enjoying it.

He was carrying optic, the fact he won't be in a team for the pro league is crazy, he's better than most other competitors.

Hopefully he'll concentrate on streaming again at least.

Top Bottom