• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

EVERYTHING req related has been much slower since the memories of reach content drop.

Back out to main menu and re-enter Arena/Warzone menu. That makes it work for me. Though you'll be doing it after every game unless you'd rather just wait.

EDIT: Loving the random disconnects during an Infection game that wastes my boost cards.

It's definitely been mentioned in this thread before. Someone said backing out to the main menu screen and opening the req pack store from there helps and that has been working for me.

Backing out to the menu works. Thanks!

Getting the shittiest teammates in swat. Took 5 games to get 1 win for my daily win pack lol. Yay! -_- apparently I'm really good with the BR and terrible with the DMR. Just okay with the pistol.

jem0208

Off topic but is the mobile GAF site been acting a bit weird for anyone else recently. I'm constantly getting pop up ads and now this is appearing at the top of each page...
8ZVREVI.png

Okay, i seem to be ping-ponging from Diamond II to Platinum in the course of one or two games. That's an error, right?

I'm still laughing at the rank glitch showing the animation a full tier higher than you actually are e.g. rank up Platinum X but the animation shows Diamond X. LOL.

nillapuddin

Halo E3 Hype is getting me wayy to early

Im going between this

m4qN5YD.gif

and this

nkpxt3T.gif

Off topic but is the mobile GAF site been acting a bit weird for anyone else recently. I'm constantly getting pop up ads and now this is appearing at the top of each page...

glad im not the only one, mobilegaf has been unusably slow and crashy for me this whole week tbh

I tried to grind through as many reqs as I could before tomorriw, but didn't quite make it. Haha as if that would have even been possible. I am making decent progress though. I'm almost completely done with vehicle certs which makes me happy. I think I have 4 left to go - The 2 Phaeton certs, Hannibal mantis and hannibal scorpion.

And thank you Strider for recommending switching the two inner paddles on my elite controller to opposite sides. I still accidently press them but not as much now. And i took out the other 2 paddles cuz my brain can't process all 4 new inputs right now.

Madness

Why the heck was I so eager to finish Silver. The Ultra Rare gold grind is even more brutal. Half of these armors are the same as Uncommon or Rare except with shitty lines drawn on them. All I want is the H2 BR and Mark IV. Not a fan of all the redundancy in visors and armors.

Why the heck was I so eager to finish Silver. The Ultra Rare gold grind is even more brutal. Half of these armors are the same as Uncommon or Rare except with shitty lines drawn on them. All I want is the H2 BR and Mark IV. Not a fan of all the redundancy in visors and armors.

Yeah the Gold grind blows. I always get shitty armor or certs.

Halo 2 MCC campaign is great.

What are people thinking for 2017?
Halo 3 Anni?

Hope not. I'm remastered out. I'd love a new spin off that's of the same quality like the mainline games and Halo Wars.

Hm, E3 is coming. Halo 6 teaser maybe?

Possible. At the very least some kind of tease as to where the story is going, be it in the form of Halo 6 or a different title.

Madness

Halo 2 MCC campaign is great.

What are people thinking for 2017?
Halo 3 Anni?

That is probably the safest bet. But with maps like Sandtrap and Valhalla in H5 BTB even though they are forge creations, remakes like Pit in Halo 4, the fact we can still play Halo 3 MP not only on Xbox 360 but Xbox One with MCC that has all maps, and the campaign was already remastered with better lighting and 1080p/60fps, you have to ask what is the hook.

That is probably the safest bet. But with maps like Sandtrap and Valhalla in H5 BTB even though they are forge creations, remakes like Pit in Halo 4, the fact we can still play Halo 3 MP not only on Xbox 360 but Xbox One with MCC that has all maps, and the campaign was already remastered with better lighting and 1080p/60fps, you have to ask what is the hook.

Finish the fight for the first time ever on Windows 10 PCs

halo%2Bturn%2Bdown%2Bfor%2Bwhat%2Bgif%2B2.gif

Madness

Finish the fight for the first time ever on Windows 10 PCs

halo%2Bturn%2Bdown%2Bfor%2Bwhat%2Bgif%2B2.gif

I think they could revitalize and re-energize the Halo franchise and community with an MCC port for PC. Not only giving PC gamers a working MCC at launch, but giving them CE again, Halo 2, and for the first time Halo 3, Halo 4, ODST and H3/H4/H2A forge. Coupled with the release of Fore: Halo 5 Guardians for PC, could be great for Halo fans on PC or Halo fans who have moved on from Xbone.

I am not saying the new games have to be simultaneous PC releases, but MCC is pretty much dead on Xbone. There is a chance for PC to revitalize it.

I think they could revitalize and re-energize the Halo franchise and community with an MCC port for PC. Not only giving PC gamers a working MCC at launch, but giving them CE again, Halo 2, and for the first time Halo 3, Halo 4, ODST and H3/H4/H2A forge. Coupled with the release of Fore: Halo 5 Guardians for PC, could be great for Halo fans on PC or Halo fans who have moved on from Xbone.

I am not saying the new games have to be simultaneous PC releases, but MCC is pretty much dead on Xbone. There is a chance for PC to revitalize it.

I got rid of my Xbox, but I still very very much want to own the MCC for the first 3 campaigns alone.

Is the MCC on PC just a silly rumor, or is there really any weight to it?

Agreed in everything you said except the part about the simultaneous PC versions, I'm pretty sure that all future Halo games will release at the same time on Xbox 10 and Windows 10 like the Forza franchise

I got rid of my Xbox, but I still very very much want to own the MCC for the first 3 campaigns alone.

It was a very strong rumor at the beginning of year also because right now it's the perfect Halo game to release on PC

Cranster

Banned

It's a strong rumor but there is no doubt 343I and Microsoft would open a can of worms if they announced a bug free version for PC. Unless if they re-release it for the Xbox One at no extra cost to those who already own the game (Or a huge title update that actually fixes it for all users) I could see some legal ramifications for it as the MCC still has alot of major issues.

Again though in order to release a bug free version of MCC for PC they would have no choice but to fix the Xbox One version or recall/re-release it. I also think there is alot of people overestimating Halo's popularity on PC as Halo 2 was not well received and in addition console sales of the Halo games vastly outweigh the PC versions.

Trup1aya

Quick gif of my Empire SH experience every single time:

778wENU.gif

Ha, yeah I actually think it's gotten a little bit better since the SH actually extends to the tower. When a team spreads out within and around the zone, you can cut off a lot of the opposing teams angles. But it's a guaruntee that someone is going to get 'naded to shit during each cap attemp.

Akai__

Are you saying that grenades ae weak?!?!?!?

Firefight Update better have Reach mini-nuke REQ's!!!

Ha, yeah I actually think it's gotten a little bit better since the SH actually extends to the tower. When a team spreads out within and around the zone, you can cut off a lot of the opposing teams angles. But it's a guaruntee that someone is going to get 'naded to shit during each cap attemp.

Not sure why they moved the hill from outside to pit again. It just played so much better. The SH in pit makes me want to know how the map would play with no grenades at all. Seriously, it's just a grenade spam fest.

Empire SH is my least favourite map and gametype combination in Team Arena now that they have removed all the other terrible ones.

What about spawning with 1 nade in SH gametype?

343 did that for WZ assault soon after the game released

Makes way more sense, but even then you would get double naded pretty quick, I think. :/

Top Bottom