• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Is Naded's rep that he's really good and carried Optic, or was it that he was the one that needed a team to carry him? I thought the narrative was usually that he's a wild card that underperforms.
ayy lmao

"RIP funk" is the debug string i use for #togglecrouch

Also, jumping! Halo-killer confirmed
lol nice, I'm down to be a tester if you ever need someone.

Trup1aya

Is Naded's rep that he's really good and carried Optic, or was it that he was the one that needed a team to carry him? I thought the narrative was usually that he's a wild card that underperforms.

lol nice, I'm down to be a tester if you ever need someone.

He absolutely carried them. It's a fact. Rep has nothing to do with it. In the LQC it seemed as if Ace and straight sick wanted to lose, and he was just like "Nope"

from TeamBeyond forums, ssbChad:

Naded KILLED it during the LCQ
CjKJreRWkAAYGAa.jpg

And that doesn't even show his perfection at playing the objective.

Strider

They can add forge maps to MM but they won't let us play Obj on them because Arena is HCS now and no social playlist so :(

Madness

Agree Naded was the best person on the team. But he is one of those kinds of people where the chemistry either exists or it doesn't. He was never a good fit for OpTic because he has other priorities. He has a son so he can't move into the OpTic house, the others like Ace and Maniac pretend to be celebs and have fun while he grinds. You could hear from El Town and Cratos though it was tough playing with a guy like Naded. You have to be a solid team player, build a camaraderie as well.

Even with aPG I think OpTic will get relegated quick back to challenger league. They barely got in and without Naded will struggle.

Trup1aya

Agree Naded was the best person on the team. But he is one of those kinds of people where the chemistry either exists or it doesn't. He was never a good fit for OpTic because he has other priorities. He has a son so he can't move into the OpTic house, the others like Ace and Maniac pretend to be celebs and have fun while he grinds. You could hear from El Town and Cratos though it was tough playing with a guy like Naded. You have to be a solid team player, build a camaraderie as well.

Even with aPG I think OpTic will get relegated quick back to challenger league. They barely got in and without Naded will struggle.

Anyone who "fits" with Optic's current roster would be someone who is content with being mediocre.

I think Naded would fit with players who strive for perfection... Which is really the type of players Optic SHOULD be looking to sign.

Madness

Anyone who "fits" with Optic's current roster would be someone who is content with being mediocre.

I think Naded would fit with players who strive for perfection... Which is really the type of players Optic SHOULD be looking to sign.

That's just it though. Naded has never really done well on any teams. There is a reason he has been around since Halo 2 and not won a single LAN event. I don't doubt his skill. He is easily top 5 in Halo 5 and his movement is just as good as Frosty's, he just hasn't meshed well with a lot of players. What does it tell you that Suspector and El Town and Cratos all left and have found great success with their new teams while Naded has struggled. I say this as a huge Naded fan. He really needs to prioritize and think about his future. Who will he team with. I think H3cz needs to get involved with the OpTic team. They are dominant in CoD but a laughingstock in Halo.

Trup1aya

That's just it though. Naded has never really done well on any teams. There is a reason he has been around since Halo 2 and not won a single LAN event. I don't doubt his skill. He is easily top 5 in Halo 5 and his movement is just as good as Frosty's, he just hasn't meshed well with a lot of players. What does it tell you that Suspector and El Town and Cratos all left and have found great success with their new teams while Naded has struggled. I say this as a huge Naded fan. He really needs to prioritize and think about his future. Who will he team with. I think H3cz needs to get involved with the OpTic team. They are dominant in CoD but a laughingstock in Halo.

We must have different definitions of the the term "done well". He and his team just placed second at Worlds.

He has quite a number of high placements at major tournaments.

The other members of the former ALG squad have found success because they landed on teams that actually take the game seriously... As opposed to skipping practice to listen to drakes album or intentionally living on a nocturnal sleep schedule. In contrast to Naded situaution, Suspector landed on the 2nd best team in the world. Cratos' new team practices as much as CLG.

Naded says he went to optic after being assured that they matched his passion for wanting to be a top team. And after numorous embarrassing events, and a trip through a losers bracket, it became clear that was a lie...

njean777

Idk why but the halo servers seem to turn to crap at night for me. I can play all day without a disconnect but come night time I have been disconnected 3 matches. I bought a cat6 cable just for this reason. Overwatch doesn't do this to me, so idk what the reason could be.

He absolutely carried them. It's a fact. Rep has nothing to do with it. In the LQC it seemed as if Ace and straight sick wanted to lose, and he was just like "Nope"

from TeamBeyond forums, ssbChad:

And that doesn't even show his perfection at playing the objective.
That team wasn't very good to begin with imo and doesn't mean he wasn't the player that needed to be carried on other teams, so having a shake-up could end up helping Optic's brand more than anything. And those stats don't really show Naded doing that much better than his teammates.

Either way, I like watching him stream/play because he is an exciting player.

EDIT:
Yeah. I thought Optic was good because they're all about branding and growing their content. Naded is interesting to watch, so I thought Optic was a decent fit for him.

Trup1aya

That team wasn't very good to begin with imo and doesn't mean he wasn't the player that needed to be carried on other teams, so having a shake-up could end up helping Optic's brand more than anything. And those stats don't really show Naded doing that much better than his teammates.

Either way, I like watching him stream/play because he is an exciting player.

EDIT:
Yeah. I thought Optic was good because they're all about branding and growing their content. Naded is interesting to watch, so I thought Optic was a decent fit for him.

Those are just slay stats, and show him leading the team. That doesn't even factor in how clutch he was in objective gametypes, single handledly pulling of heroics while his team was busy dying.

I don't know if he was carried on other teams. But he inarguably carried Optic to the proleague in the LQC. If you can watch the rebroadcast and come away with a different conclusion id be really surprised.

Over the course of 35 LQC games, having a KD that high, with dmg/death that high suggests a pretty decent gap.

Here are there scrim slay stats since the most recent roster was formed:

Gamertag Kills Deaths Assists K/D KDA
Naded 2163 1755 1154 1.2 1.9
AcE 2125 2067 1329 1.0 1.7
Maniac 1831 1966 1224 0.9 1.6
Str8 SicK 2038 2034 1302 1.0 1.6

He's clearly a cut above.

BizzyBum

Congrats 343, you somehow made the Req store even worse by just adding in new reqs. Loading, Shit not selling, and I even have shit that has totally disappeared. I'm fearful of how broken this is going to be with the June update.

Naded has a loyal following. He should focus on content creation and building his brand instead of killing himself over competitive Halo. It must be so stressful for him lol, but I can understand his drive to succeed. It's just that he has so much potential to make a living off making videos and entertaining people, so hopefully he starts doing more on that front.

Trup1aya

Naded has a loyal following. He should focus on content creation and building his brand instead of killing himself over competitive Halo. It must be so stressful for him lol, but I can understand his drive to succeed. It's just that he has so much potential to make a living off making videos and entertaining people, so hopefully he starts doing more on that front.

At the end of the day, he should do what's healthy and making him happy. If that means taking a break, then so be it.

I'd like to see him come back with and ametuer squad and surround himself with folks who are equally hungry.

what? He's gotten 2/3rd countless times if that's "never really done well" then damn.

Idk why but the halo servers seem to turn to crap at night for me. I can play all day without a disconnect but come night time I have been disconnected 3 matches. I bought a cat6 cable just for this reason. Overwatch doesn't do this to me, so idk what the reason could be.

giphy.gif

I have the same issue on multiple ISPs. I've had limited success changing the Xbox advanced network settings for manual DNS to Google public DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) but the same issues are still present for the most part. It's an inconsistent shit show.

The annoying part is focused, balanced and expanded work fairly well for me, when the game/matchmaking/REQs actually work.

Madness

what? He's gotten 2/3rd countless times if that's "never really done well" then damn.

http://halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Naded

You can see his major LAN finishes for yourself. Compared to others he has struggled with every game and every team. The skill is there. I am a major fan of Naded, always watch when he scrims. But this HWC notwithstanding he hasn't found that sustained dominance with a team like guys like Pistola, Snip3down, Lethul and others have had.

nillapuddin

Halo 5 Meta is so good

Ive been saying it forever, but the MP was never good enough for it to be reasonable

but now is the time, Halo 5 MP should be separated from single player and turned into a service, lets run with this til the wheels fall off

I say that very nonchalant, like, just make it happen. But in reality, wouldn't they be the first studio to do that?

Separate multiplayer from a series and keep it through multiple installments

#tiredthoughts

As cool as it may be, I don't think it'll happen any time soon. I'd love for H5's multiplayer to be a platform they just keep adding to with separate spin-offs getting releases to alternate with the campaign. For example, Halo Wars 2 and the following year ODST 2 that brings back classic Firefight and Firefight Versus along with health packs, no sprint, weaker shields and more methodical, team-based gameplay. Allow players to control enemy Covenant, Forerunner/Promethean and Flood units with the Spartans having specific loadouts tailored to a style of play (defense, offense, support, tank).

These three games would Make Halo Great Again™ lol. You'd have Halo 5's multiplayer for the competitive/BTB/Warzone fix along with the campaigns that release every 3 years, alternating with Halo Wars and Firefight/Firefight Versus as its own fully realized modes with ODST 2 or whatever other stories they could tell.

Buttttttt I know it's just a pipe dream ;'[

mo60

This slayer match I played earlier was kinda sweaty. Some matches were I face plat players sometimes end up like this one.
Screenshot-Original.png

Ade

Spartan company is inching closer to Achilles, almost all of the commendations are on the final level now..

Trup1aya

Halo 5 Meta is so good

Ive been saying it forever, but the MP was never good enough for it to be reasonable

but now is the time, Halo 5 MP should be separated from single player and turned into a service, lets run with this til the wheels fall off

I say that very nonchalant, like, just make it happen. But in reality, wouldn't they be the first studio to do that?

Separate multiplayer from a series and keep it through multiple installments

#tiredthoughts

I'd be happy if they just treated halo 5 this way up until the launch of Halo 6. We deserve the boost in playership and this franchise deserves the boost in exposure. I think it would help with Halo 6's sales.

Loomba

Last month they reset on the 2nd, so idk. However, generally it's on the first. It seems to be around 10-12 am PST when they do it.

RIP Onyx, I hardly knew ye.

Only had it for like 2 days, feel good that I actually did it though.

Seasons need to be quarterly imo

BizzyBum

CLG is ridiculous..swept EG in the league preview final.

EG is the best team besides CLG and they can't even come close. I guess that X-games Gold Medal was a fluke. Still, them and possibly Renegades if they grind super hard might be the only two teams who can somewhat compete with them and make it interesting. I really hope CLG doesn't just steamroll everyone in summer HCS, would be pretty boring.

Also, seems like this OT is starting to slow down traffic-wise, looks like interest is starting to wane. Only the hardcore fans play and remain. I wonder out of the 100 people in the SC actually play a lot anymore. Here's hoping E3 delivers.

Madness

Cj2p9XZUoAAm_P1.jpg

Thought this was pretty crazy. Just shows how good the Ogre brothers were at Halo CE. Huke and Bubu Dubu who are the young guns for Halo 5 and are great at FPS get matched against Ogre1 and his wife randomly and get destroyed. And Ogre1 hasn't competed in years etc. Even after all these years their skill with CE crazy.

Jesus I love Halo Wars..... Just almost won a 2v3 where I made one enemy resign, and my foolish teammate KEPT BUILDING SCARABS even though each one failed right after the other. I even messaged him to stop lmfao, but goddamn was that a tough loss. If only he listened to what I telling him to build ;'[

This game is so damn good though. Can't wait to see the next one at E3.

Strider

Achilles is still really really far away. Even though we are level 5 on most commendations not many here play anymore or at least not a significant amount. There are many inactive people in the SC right now... 32 people unranked in May season and no way you're convincing me most of those people just played WZ. Hell I know of at least one person that sold their Xbox weeks ago and they are still in the SC.

But with that said it's not like there's a bunch of people waiting to get in the SC anymore either... Maybe the firefight update gets a lot of people in the SC back.

Achilles is still really really far away. Even though we are level 5 on most commendations not many here play anymore or at least not a significant amount. There are many inactive people in the SC right now... 32 people unranked in May season and no way you're convincing me most of those people just played WZ. Hell I know of at least one person that sold their Xbox weeks ago and they are still in the SC.

But with that said it's not like there's a bunch of people waiting to get in the SC anymore either... Maybe the firefight update gets a lot of people in the SC back.

Yeah, the company was much more active when we were going for armor. Once, we started to work for the helmet it just fizzled out.

BizzyBum

Dumb question about placing, but right now I'm just ranked in SWAT and FFA, is there a certain benefit to be ranked in every playlist or is one fine and just the same?

ACR0019

I'm in the SC, but I can never find anyone to play with me.

link1201

Dumb question about placing, but right now I'm just ranked in SWAT and FFA, is there a certain benefit to be ranked in every playlist or is one fine and just the same?
The only benefit you get for placing I know of is the emblem. You only need to get ranked in one playlist for that.

Top Bottom