• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

a2_zpsfj8mpn9l.png

My last 20

last%2020%20games_zps7ngbpoam.png

Is there another narrative up this game's sleeve for solo players or do they exist purely for the enjoyment of partied up platoon squads? I had the best KDA and/or damage dealt stat for practically every game I played tonight but all to no avail. I'm not even a particularly good Halo 5 player so something's awry if I'm best every game. The sheer amount of games where I had geese who didn't know how to pull flags was reaching conspiracy levels.

Number ONE problem in this game is solos/2's matching parties. Incredible Halo game, probably the best it's ever been but the amount of solo players it must be haemorrhaging... Why spend years crafting, refining, perfecting only to dash the experiences of the average player against a rock to maintain this absurd policy of allowing parties to feast on the disassociated. There is simply nowhere to go as a solo player in this game. Big Team and Warzone are actually worse for blocks of serious browed, heavy slayers grimly focused on MM games as if 100k was on the line. Sad.

Defect

Your mistake was betraying back and even responding with an insult. You could be screwed if they really report you.
I always get betrayed in Breakout for the br and I never betray back. I don't think it's ban worthy but I think he's being stupid for 'starting it' and saying that I deserve a ban.

Halo ... PCGaf?

Is such a thing possible?

Does that mean some of you have ... gaming rigs?!

I mainly play on PC. I need to get a new processor though. I'm waiting for the new ones next year, but it still good for most games.

i7 960 @ 4.0 Ghz
GTX 980
32 GB RAM 2400Mhz

Only reason I even have an XBO is because of Halo. lol

let's just say it's RIP Xbox if Halo does come to PC.

You and me both. But seeing as Halo 5 ODST is going to get announced, it'll have to be Halo Wars 2, as long as performance is good.

I mainly play on PC. I need to get a new processor though. I'm waiting for the new ones next year, but it still good for most games

i7 960 @ 4.0 Ghz
GTX 980
32 GB RAM 2400Mhz

Only reason I even have an XBO is because of Halo. lol

Intel Core i5-3570K
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0
16GB DDR3 1600MHz

I only have Halo 5 and MCC left on my Xbox One. Really would just like to buy my Xbox games on PC and keep a PS4 for those games I can't get on PC.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
When this happens to me, I say "no u" ...But it's true.

Lol. I hope you have big red button you can push.

I never understood the troll mentality or people who team kill to get a weapon. Sometimes in MM if I'm at the weapon spawn I'll let my teammate pick it up.

Akai__

I always get betrayed in Breakout for the br and I never betray back. I don't think it's ban worthy but I think he's being stupid for 'starting it' and saying that I deserve a ban.

He is stupid for sure, but the report system doesn't account for that. Especially if you are up against a full team or even a SC. One of my friend got mass reported some months ago. No reports in the last 6 Months and then boom. 34 reports. Gave him a communication ban of several weeks, because the REP system on Xbox One is just straight up bad.

Just saying you should ignore it.

BizzyBum

I never understood the troll mentality or people who team kill to get a weapon. Sometimes in MM if I'm at the weapon spawn I'll let my teammate pick it up.

I teabag the power weapon pad asserting my dominance over it and people usually leave me alone.

I played the exact same matches as my friends and they got Onyx 1700 and I got Diamond 5? Is a KDA of 5,6 not good enough for Onyx? Kind of disappointing, I was so close to being slightly less crap than last season.
That is straight up garbage. There shouldn't be major differences in your rank if you did all your placement matches with the exact same people. bù huài lol

a2_zpsfj8mpn9l.png

My last 20

last%2020%20games_zps7ngbpoam.png

Is there another narrative up this game's sleeve for solo players or do they exist purely for the enjoyment of partied up platoon squads? I had the best KDA and/or damage dealt stat for practically every game I played tonight but all to no avail. I'm not even a particularly good Halo 5 player so something's awry if I'm best every game. The sheer amount of games where I had geese who didn't know how to pull flags was reaching conspiracy levels.

Number ONE problem in this game is solos/2's matching parties. Incredible Halo game, probably the best it's ever been but the amount of solo players it must be haemorrhaging... Why spend years crafting, refining, perfecting only to dash the experiences of the average player against a rock to maintain this absurd policy of allowing parties to feast on the disassociated. There is simply nowhere to go as a solo player in this game. Big Team and Warzone are actually worse for blocks of serious browed, heavy slayers grimly focused on MM games as if 100k was on the line. Sad.
Yep I was just going to talk about this. I'm sure 343 is worried about splitting the player base, but with how awful playing solo is I think it's actually doing its own and more severe damage to the player population by not having a solo playlist. No excuse at this point not to have one either. Just awful management.

?

No one even joined me for WZ the other night lol

I'm gonna attempt to get a Firefight group together the night that launches. Now if that fails then game is truly dad.

I was kidding with you.
I would play WZ with you, Arena I would be embarrassed :p
But the time difference makes that harder :(

singhr1

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but updates are generally for if there are core changes to the game. Maps, balance patches, and etc.

But that vehicle model has to exist somewhere on your console, right? Unless, since it's just a variation on an old vehicle, the game is just translating the game properties to the base vehicle? I have no idea, I was so confused not downloading an update yesterday.

EDIT: Wait we got a new armor set too. Yeah so I have no idea. Maybe it was included in the last update?

But that vehicle model has to exist somewhere on your console, right? Unless, since it's just a variation on an old vehicle, the game is just translating the game properties to the base vehicle? I have no idea, I was so confused not downloading an update yesterday.

EDIT: Wait we got a new armor set too. Yeah so I have no idea. Maybe it was included in the last update?

Tashi please explain!

We are dumb!

Akai__

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but updates are generally for if there are core changes to the game. Maps, balance patches, and etc.

Yeah. All the REQ content seems to be server side. This way, they can add all those special packs (like HCS skins), without people having to download an actual update.

TCKaos

Yeah. All the REQ content is server side. This way, they can add all those special packs (like HCS skins), without people having to download an actual update.

I'm assuming that this is one of the reasons we don't have them in Forge yet.

Are ranks reset?

To be clear I was talking about my Xbox. No reason for me to have it since I have a capable PC if Halo is on W10.

For me though... If i played halo on pc id play it with an elite controller connected. No kb/m for me. Wasd can eat an expired churro.

Strider

For me though... If i played halo on pc id play it with an elite controller connected. No kb/m for me.

I would try it with a kb/m but idk if I'd stick to it. Some games I prefer using a controller.... Some games I prefer kb/m. I wouldn't play a game like OW or CS:GO with a controller but I preferred and played Titanfall + Battlefield with a controller on PC.

I'm trying to think how I would conveniently and comfortably bind keys for thrust + crouch + sprint all at once and uuuuuhhh idk about it lol

That is straight up garbage. There shouldn't be major differences in your rank if you did all your placement matches with the exact same people. bù huài lol

Onyx 1700 and Diamond 5 is a big difference. I must be missing something. The game knows me perhaps a little bit too well, I am too trash to compete with the Onyx players anyway. One good day does not mean anything.

In other news, I don't know if this has been posted yet but some guy did heatmaps for Halo 5. It also has a feature that shows where the people with positive and negative k/ds hang out lol. Pretty cool.

Onyx 1700 and Diamond 5 is a big difference. I must be missing something. The game knows me perhaps a little bit too well, I am too trash to compete with the Onyx players anyway. One good day does not mean anything.

In other news, I don't know if this has been posted yet but some guy did heatmaps for Halo 5. It also has a feature that shows where the people with positive and negative k/ds hang out lol. Pretty cool.
No I was agreeing with you. The difference in rank doesn't make much sense. And im still annoyed that the game takes your personal performance when placing and then only wins losses when ranked. That is stupid in my opinion since most games the teams are Uber one sided.

No I was agreeing with you. The difference in rank doesn't make much sense. And im still annoyed that the game takes your personal performance when placing and then only wins losses when ranked. That is stupid in my opinion since most games the teams are Uber one sided.

I am glad we agree then! I only really like the placement matches anyway. The grind after is pointless because I only get matched against EU pros.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
in the past few days i've crashed back to the dash when trying to open req packs. really lame.

BizzyBum

in the past few days i've crashed back to the dash when trying to open req packs. really lame.

Happens to me every night usually.

Just had someone in Warzone get 58 kills and it showed he got 64 kills alone with a BR in the PGCR. 6 suicides? Really?

Top Bottom