• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Glass

Antifreeze single handidly killed my enthusiasm for the BTB playlist, between its horribly cramped play style and its ridiculous rotation weighing.

IHaveIce

Banned
Parties vs soloqueues, horrible lag, I have to play against people out of my league way too often, I can't warm up in a Social playlist... man I love the gameplay but I'm getting angry way too fast nowadays trying to play Halo 5

BTB maps are fine for the most part. Even though Antifreeze isn't good, it still better than some of the maps in this game. The huge problem with BTB are
BR starts.
Honestly, if it was
pistol starts
I probably wouldn't really touch any other mode.

Parties vs soloqueues, horrible lag, I have to play against people out of my league way too often, I can't warm up in a Social playlist... man I love the gameplay but I'm getting angry way too fast nowadays trying to play Halo 5

tumblr_o2xenstJuO1sl21koo1_500.gif

singhr1

BTB maps are fine for the most part. Even though Antifreeze isn't good, it still better than some of the maps in this game. The huge problem with BTB are
BR starts.
Honestly, if it was
pistol starts
I probably wouldn't really touch any other mode.

tumblr_o2xenstJuO1sl21koo1_500.gif

I don't know about not touching other game modes but it would put BTB into my normal rotation. Arena, BTB, Warzone (not assault) Only other playlist id play would be Action Sack.

I literally enjoy it less every day I log on. brb trying to make a semi-successful stream, brb playing unfun game

Wait, so this Hog Wild DLC didn't include any proper BTB maps?

How is this game 8 months in and we STILL do not have any developer made BTB maps?

Fuck Warzone.

What a joke. I like the option of forge creations, but to not have more dev made maps is garbage.

Why are maps littered with power weapons in FFA? Why are there 8 spawn points on maps? Why do people spawn next to OS/power weapon and other people spawn in the middle of nowhere?

Who designs this stuff? seriously.

IHaveIce

Banned
I literally enjoy it less every day I log on. brb trying to make a semi-successful stream, brb playing unfun game

Why are maps littered with power weapons in FFA? Why are there 8 spawn points on maps? Why do people spawn next to OS/power weapon and other people spawn in the middle of nowhere?

Yeah same here, I agree with all points, FFA makes me want to smash my Xbox into pieces.

Weirdly Overwatch does lag aswell kinda for me online, so I decided to play some Halo again, I could stand 4 matches

JDB

Banned

Good luck trying to place initial spawnpoints that are fair for everyone in 8 man FFA.

Question about the elite controller. I got the rechargeable battery pack and it recharges in less than an hour. Seems too fast. Anyone else have the same experience?

Also got the hannibal mantis cert today. I'm gonna be done with legendary vehicle certs before ultra rare. Kind of weird.

TCKaos

So I've got like a solid 30 seconds of good montage-worthy clips, so you guys should send me some and I should just turn this thing into a GAF-tage.

Like, actual good clips though. Not your BXR or that one double you got once (unless it was actually impressive).

Funny clips are also acceptable.

Never got one of these before so I'm curious. Glad also that it isn't every month.

They're pretty fun. You get exclusive stuff that you can only get in the box, the box itself is nicely designed, and you get a certain dollar amount of stuff for a lower price. The one thing I don't like about some sub boxes is the stuff you get can be random. I know the Loot Crates that are a more broad theme (heroes, sci-fi, etc) you have no guarantee you'll get what you want, but single theme boxes based on franchises tend to have the same loot without any randomness. All depends on what you prefer.

Just got a HCFP REQ pack. Anyone else?

Huh, so did I. Interesting.

TCKaos

Never got one of these before so I'm curious. Glad also that it isn't every month.

That means that each crate costs twice as much as the regular crates for the same number of items which judging from the unboxing videos I've seen will be stickers, a t-shirt, an action figure, a pair of socks and a belt buckle.

Every other month for just $35.99 plus shipping and handling.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
That means that each crate costs twice as much as the regular crates for the same number of items, which judging from the unboxing videos I've seen will be stickers, a t-shirt, an action figure, a pair of socks and a belt buckle.

Every other month for just $35.99 plus shipping and handling.

Plus I have to use Canadian dollars :(

I'll have to be sure before I throw money down.

Just noticed how different the halowaypoint site on mobile is. Much smoother than previous experiences. When did they update it?

Also got the pack and 5000rp. Thank youuuu

EYEL1NER

Just got a HCFP REQ pack. Anyone else?
Nothing here because I wasn't signed up. I had to Google HCFP real quick and then figured out how everyone is getting these surveys, so I signed up just now. I don't recall ever seeing any emails or anything from 343i or MS advertising that a program existed or anything in-game going back to the beta, so I was out of the loop on that one I guess. I just assumed when I saw people talking about new surveys that they were randomly targeted by 343i or MS.
Just noticed how different the halowaypoint site on mobile is. Much smoother than previous experiences. When did they update it?

And 5000RP? Damn, now I really wish I had been signed up before now.
The new Waypoint site does look nice but it crashes constantly for me on my iPad Air, before and after the update.

Main webpage was updated too. At least it's new to me, I rarely use it
mainly just to deny SC membership kappa.

I received the pack and only got an Emblem and XP boosts

What emblem? I might have already had it cause all I got were boosts and 5000RP.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I mentioned this the other day. It is quite nice now.

Edit: Now I wish they would revamp Halo Channel. Don't like using it generally.

Leyasu

Banned
Hog wild came out on Tuesday ... It's just req items.

Unless 343 has contracted map development, we'll never see dev made BTB maps. I doubt they have many people still working on H5, so we won't be seeing anything made from scratch.

Ah man. For every great thing with halo 5 there's an opposite. We'll see at E3

Hopefully halo 6
tf
will be the one

Uhhhh i just noticed on halowaypoint that when you are in the file browser section, you can view your recent halo 5 game clips.

Wtf. Rip xbox dvr dot com.
for halo of course... Maybe... Still gotta test out the playback

Aw rly 343, update your website but dont tell anyone the wonderful stuff your webteam did? Thnx love you.

singhr1

Uhhhh i just noticed on halowaypoint that when you are in the file browser section, you can view your recent halo 5 game clips.

Wtf. Rip xbox dvr dot com.
for halo of course... Maybe... Still gotta test out the playback

Aw rly 343, update your website but dont tell anyone the wonderful stuff your webteam did? Thnx love you.

Haha, yeah that came with the File Browser update. The video clip sharing from there was a bit buggy for me at first but it seems to be better.

Let me try testing with this one from earlier today.

EDIT: Seems to be working better!
EDIT 2: Even though only like 4 hogs have been added, people spawn a lot more Hogs in Warzone this past week. It's great!

Haha, yeah that came with the File Browser update. The video clip sharing from there was a bit buggy for me at first but it seems to be better.

Let me try testing with this one from earlier today.

EDIT: Seems to be working better!
EDIT 2: Even though only like 4 hogs have been added, people spawn a lot more Hogs in Warzone this past week. It's great!

That tank is beast. Sicknesssss. I like the video player too. Anniversary update is real boyzzzzz.... Lolz

singhr1

Going through the Halo 5 API submissions and I saw one of the iOS apps (Arena Stats for Halo 5) had a damage distribution and lifetime damage total that I hadn't seen done by other sites that I thought was cool.

My distaste for Shoulder Charge is evident :p

Don't laugh at my accuracy

Ah man. For every great thing with halo 5 there's an opposite. We'll see at E3

Hopefully halo 6
tf
will be the one

Keep in mind that Hog Wild did have maps that were supposed to release with the update, but they got pushed because the developers are busy of Overwatch. Now the maps will be shipping with Warzone Firefight. That doesn't mean they were BTB maps though. People also assumed we'd get race with this update, also not a guarantee.

I know it won't happen, but I sorta wish they released a Halo 5 Multiplayer f2p thing on Xbox. It'll literally just be arena, warzone, with the full req system and customization stuff.

This'll inject some fresh blood into the population
which I can take advantage of to dunk on kids

Top Bottom